Fear the Walking Dead Season 3 - Major Spoilers

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
This is what I thought about the start of the season:

Again major spoiler.

The two weakest characters on the show where Chris and Travis. It was a pleasant surprise to see them kill off Chris last season. They messed up his character beyond the point of return.

Then in episode 2 of season 3 they kill off Travis. I was surprised and while he was growing on me I think it was a great move by writers and not upset to see him gone.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I couldn't handle Junky Depp any more. And the actors sucked. Especially Iron Jaw (Madison-Who-Wants-To-Be-Another-Rick).

So..I stopped watching after season two, too.

I couldn't handle Junky Depp any more. And the actors sucked. Especially Iron Jaw (Madison-Who-Wants-To-Be-Another-Rick).

So..I stopped watching after season two, too.

Season 3 just started.

Nick is probably the best if a crop of weak character. They really don't have any beloved characters like Daryl, Carol, Rick, Glenn and Maggie

Last edited:
Travis is the step dad, right? I like him as an actor..but not in this show. He's not so good in it. I loathe everyone else. Nobody to root for. So..since Junky Depp was the main character in most of the episodes, I said fuck it..and tuned out. Haven't been back since, nor care to.

Travis is the step dad, right? I like him as an actor..but not in this show. He's not so good in it. I loathe everyone else. Nobody to root for. So..since Junky Depp was the main character in most of the episodes, I said fuck it..and tuned out. Haven't been back since, nor care to.

I agree the characters are subpar, but they got rid of the weak links.

According to IMDB, the character Travis is in all 37 episodes, which includes all of season 3.

hmmm......

The show writers already talked about why they killed Travis off.

If he survive a belly shot with his intestines hanging out and falling a few hundred feet into a rocky desert, then the show will be done. You would see a viewer exodus.

My guess is Travis comes back in flashbacks or hallucinations.

This is what I thought about the start of the season:

Again major spoiler.

The two weakest characters on the show where Chris and Travis. It was a pleasant surprise to see them kill off Chris last season. They messed up his character beyond the point of return.

Then in episode 2 of season 3 they kill off Travis. I was surprised and while he was growing on me I think it was a great move by writers and not upset to see him gone.

How can there be spoilers when nothing ever happens in that damned show?

According to IMDB, the character Travis is in all 37 episodes, which includes all of season 3.

hmmm......
He got shot and jumped out of a helicopter in the sky..

I just report the facts. I don't know if IMDB disguises that number but that's what it says. He's in every episode this season.

btw, it's science fiction.
Very true. I guess he could be a zombie but I figure jumping out that high wouldn't leave a brain lol.
I guess it can be flashbacks.

I liked Travis as a character. I thought he really started to get interesting at the end of season two when he wasted those guys Chris hung with. To kill him off with a random shot at the helicopter after he just survived the zombie pit and Troy's lab was lazy writing IMO. He deserved a more epic death. There was nothing shocking about Chris' death since it was all done in flashbacks.

Unlike it's parent show The Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead is lacking in beloved characters and the art of shocking it's audience. The writing makes the characters hard to really connect with. Nick Clark is a junkie who lacks a bit of loyalty to his family. Madison constantly puts her daughter second to go find Nick time and time again after he's left. Victor Strand is an ex-conman. The kind we all try to avoid. Ofelia has not been on season 3 yet and Luciana just isn't that developed. Alicia Clark is perhaps the most likeable character. Daniel Salazar (assuming he's back with a major role) is the most interesting.

My main gripe with the show is it rushed to quickly from the start of the apocalypse into Walking Dead territory. I thought the show was going to dive in deeper during the time Rick Grimes was in a coma.

In any event, I find it an enjoyable show until The Walking Dead comes back on.

Last edited:
I liked Travis as a character. I thought he really started to get interesting at the end of season two when he wasted those guys Chris hung with. To kill him off with a random shot at the helicopter after he just survived the zombie pit and Troy's lab was lazy writing IMO. He deserved a more epic death. There was nothing shocking about Chris' death since it was all done in flashbacks.

Unlike it's parent show The Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead is lacking in beloved characters and the art of shocking it's audience. The writing makes the characters hard to really connect with. Nick Clark is a junkie who lacks a bit of loyalty to his family. Madison constantly puts her daughter second to go find Nick time and time again after he's left. Victor Strand is an ex-conman. The kind we all try to avoid. Ofelia has not been on season 3 yet and Luciana just isn't that developed. Alicia Clark is perhaps the most likeable character. Daniel Salazar (assuming he's back with a major role) is the most interesting.

My main gripe with the show is it rushed to quickly from the start of the apocalypse into Walking Dead territory. I thought the show was going to dive in deeper during the time Rick Grimes was in a coma.

In any event, I find it an enjoyable show until The Walking Dead comes back on.

I agree that they do not have a Daryl or Carol character that people love.

I also thought we were going to witness the downfall into chaos in a major city. We barely saw it. But season 1 was a gigantic let down.

I just caught up with this season.

In these first episodes, it's definitely been an improvement. It does kind of suck that just when Travis was getting a backbone and learning to live in the post-zombie apocalypse world, he dies in such a random fashion.

I don't really care for Strand. I could do without him. Daniel Salazar is an interesting character, with his history, willingness to do the dark things, but also his guilt.

I'm more hopeful about the show now than I have been since before it began. I also still wish they'd focused more on the transition from normal world to zombie apocalypse, though. That was what I remember reading the show would be about in large part, but they seemed to want to go right into just another version of TWD.

The season started out alright and quickly went to shit.

The walker getting roasted by lightening. Then bringing back Salazar after he was basically blown up. Very stupid. I know they realize they have no good characters but Salazar was not a good character. He is an annoying character in the same vein as Dale.

Then they have royally screwed up Strand. He started out as a smooth taking conman and they turned him into a bumbling idiot. With Chris dead he is the most unlikable character on the show. Was I the only one who wanted to see him dropped off the ledge into the Walker pit?

Then the race to the other camp. It was so stupid. These were supposed to be ur best soldiers they lumped together and they were easily ambushed and didn't cover their asses. I mean they know their first team was taken out, but they walk right into an ambush. And Madison proved she still sucks as a character. And the character said it best "Indians really."

Also is Alicia ever going to not chase boys like a teenager in the old world sleeping with anything with a heart beat?

This show sucks. I thought maybe give it one more season. But I finally removed it from the DVR

This show has lapsed into the same formula as TWD. Group goes somewhere, thinks it might be good, turns out bad, they leave, and do it again.

This show has lapsed into the same formula as TWD. Group goes somewhere, thinks it might be good, turns out bad, they leave, and do it again.

Yep. In a world supposedly taken over by zombies, the zombies are a very minor threat and it continues to be humans as the threat.

The big difference is the TWD had a few good seasons before it went stale and regardless of the staleness they still had a few good characters: Daryl, Rick, Tyresse, Glenn, Carol, Herschel, Maggie etc. FTWD has no good characters. They all suck.

What is worst about the show is the lost opportunity. I thought it was going to be about the fall of society from the big city view. It started out that was and showed the riot scene and then in a flash moved past it.

Forum List

Back