Was the officer who knelt on George Floyd's neck, a racist?

As stated previously, one's background and previous words and actions can prove if one is racist.

It's a fallacy that racism can't be proven.

Every other ism can be proven, right?

What background, previous words, and actions are you referring to? The details are important.

I'm not saying that racism can't be proven. I'm saying that racism is very difficult to prove.
It really isn't difficult to prove, what's difficult is that many whites don't want to accept that racism has occurred when the claim is made.

It really isn't difficult to prove, what's difficult is that many whites don't want to accept that racism has occurred when the claim is made.
The only thing I don't understand is why so many whites object to what they are happily engaged in.

I get it, but I don't. But I really get it.

I dunno, it's weird.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
If you have a sordid history of saying racist things, you have a history off being accused of racism, and then some incident occurs where race is involved, your history is the proof against you.

Provided that you're being judged by a group of your peers of course.

Seems vague.

I want him convicted but even I’m not sure that race was a factor.

Seems vague.

I want him convicted but even I’m not sure that race was a factor.
What's vague about it?

If he's part of any racist groups, like the KKK, Proud Bois, any of the many White Supremacist groups, that's it, it was racially motivated.

Why do so many people get so bent out of when it comes to fighting racism?

What's vague about it?

If he's part of any racist groups, like the KKK, Proud Bois, any of the many White Supremacist groups, that's it, it was racially motivated.

Why do so many people get so bent out of when it comes to fighting racism?

Vague because no specific allegations relating to him were mentioned.

If he was part of a racist organization, I would agree. But to my understanding, he’s not a member of the KKK.

Vague because no specific allegations relating to him were mentioned.

If he was part of a racist organization, I would agree. But to my understanding, he’s not a member of the KKK.
My posts are relating to the principle, not this specific incident.

However, common sense people should be able to come to a reasonable conclusion whether this guy is a racist or not.

My posts are relating to the principle, not this specific incident.

However, common sense people should be able to come to a reasonable conclusion whether this guy is a racist or not.

I agree with the principle in the hypothetical you laid out.

Not sure how that relates to Chauvin.

I agree with the principle in the hypothetical you laid out.

Not sure how that relates to Chauvin.
From what I understand, Chauvin has a long list of reports filed against him for racism.

Not to mention, police forces, nationwide has a problem of undercover, and not-so-undercover white supremacists and other racists employed in their departments.

This is becoming more and more known as time goes by.

From what I understand, Chauvin has a long list of reports filed against him for racism.

Not to mention, police forces, nationwide has a problem of undercover, and not-so-undercover white supremacists and other racists employed in their departments.

The reports might be helpful if they laid out enough specific and objective details.

Undercover white supmremacists in the police force does nothing to convince me that Chauvin, himself, is racist.

The only thing I don't understand is why so many whites object to what they are happily engaged in.

I get it, but I don't. But I really get it.

I dunno, it's weird.
Gaslighting.

The reports might be helpful if they laid out enough specific and objective details.

Undercover white supmremacists in the police force does nothing to convince me that Chauvin, himself, is racist.
You just don't want to see racism in anything. The Minneapolis PD had a record of such behavior.

You just don't want to see racism in anything. The Minneapolis PD had a record of such behavior.

I believe that there is plenty of racism within the police ranks. I would love it if the bad ones were identified as racists and fired accordingly. I'm just being realistic about this. I don't think it can be easily proven that a police officer like Chauvin is racist.

We could easily prove that his actions were criminal. What we can't prove is that his mindset for those actions were influenced by race.

Maybe he killed Floyd because he's racist. Maybe he killed Floyd because he's just a piece of shit human with little regard for human life. I would guess the latter, but again, there's no way of knowing.

Last edited:
I disagree with 2 parts.. Black history needs to be taught. Real Black history for the good of Black children. The worst thing you can tell a Black child is that their ancestors were enslaved, brought to the US and then MLK freed them.

I want people to see me as a Black man because that acknowledges my presence. White people are not white versions of Black people and Black people are not chocolate versions of white people.

Yea it's almost like public opinion isn't a court of law

I wasn't talking about public opinion. I don't even know how one would argue public opinion.

Person A thinks one thing and Person B thinks something else. A and B disagree. Ok. Settled?

"I don't think it's possible to prove race-based motives behind the vast majority of these kinds of incidents.

I wish we would just leave race out of this. It just clouds up the discussion with something that can't be proven by either side.

The issue here is police incompetence, not police racism."

That to me reads like you care about public opinion. Race will have nothing to do with his prosecution in a direct sense.....The prosecutor is not out there saying this. What are you talking about?

Only people bringing race into this are in the court of public opinion.

I was addressing the OP.

I don't think it's possible to prove that Chauvin is racist. Simple as that.

We have no idea what was going through his mind when he killed Floyd.
" We have no idea what was going through his mind when he killed Floyd. "

We can use reasonable judgement based on his previous behavior while interacting with Black people. His employer said he had a problem with Black people. That would be enough for me if I was a juror.
The fact that Chauvin "had a problem with black people" does not necessarily mean that the problem was because they were black. Other factors, like the person's drunkenness, might have been the cause. That leads back to my original post. What was the race of the 2 people Chauvin arrested that were not identified by race in their arrest reports?

I wasn't talking about public opinion. I don't even know how one would argue public opinion.

Person A thinks one thing and Person B thinks something else. A and B disagree. Ok. Settled?

"I don't think it's possible to prove race-based motives behind the vast majority of these kinds of incidents.

I wish we would just leave race out of this. It just clouds up the discussion with something that can't be proven by either side.

That to me reads like you care about public opinion. Race will have nothing to do with his prosecution in a direct sense.....The prosecutor is not out there saying this. What are you talking about?

I was addressing the OP.

We can use reasonable judgement based on his previous behavior while interacting with Black people. His employer said he had a problem with Black people. That would be enough for me if I was a juror.
The fact that Chauvin "had a problem with black people" does not necessarily mean that the problem was because they were black. Other factors, like the person's drunkenness, might have been the cause. That leads back to my original post. What was the race of the 2 people Chauvin arrested that were not identified by race in their arrest reports?
That makes no sense at all. White people get drunk and act up all the time. Chauvinist had a problem with specifically Black people.

What saddens me is the knowledge that the fact that so many people were convinced that a racist cop killed George Floyd, that way too many innocent people were assaulted, way too many innocent people were killed, and way too many businesses (owned by innocent people, frequently black people) were burned down.

What saddens me is the knowledge that the fact that so many people were convinced that a racist cop killed George Floyd, that way too many innocent people were assaulted, way too many innocent people were killed, and way too many businesses (owned by innocent people, frequently black people) were burned down.
That is the cost of racism. You get rid of the racist cops then you wont have stuff like that happening. Racism hurts everyone not just Black people.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

I was addressing the OP.

That makes no sense at all. White people get drunk and act up all the time. Chauvinist had a problem with specifically Black people.
Just because Chauvin was observed having a problem with black people does not mean that in a situation like that (differing only in the race of the person being dealt with) that he would treat a white person any better. That is the crux of the problem.

Forum List

Back