Was the officer who knelt on George Floyd's neck, a racist?

Yea it's almost like public opinion isn't a court of law

I wasn't talking about public opinion. I don't even know how one would argue public opinion.

Person A thinks one thing and Person B thinks something else. A and B disagree. Ok. Settled?

"I don't think it's possible to prove race-based motives behind the vast majority of these kinds of incidents.

I wish we would just leave race out of this. It just clouds up the discussion with something that can't be proven by either side.

The issue here is police incompetence, not police racism."

That to me reads like you care about public opinion. Race will have nothing to do with his prosecution in a direct sense.....The prosecutor is not out there saying this. What are you talking about?

Only people bringing race into this are in the court of public opinion.

How we have suddenly shifted to "can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt" idk. Race will not be relevant in the trial i'm sure

I just read an article on Yahoo News that came from the New York Times concerning Derek Chauvin, the officer who knelt on George Floyd's neck.
'Don't Kill Me': Others Tell of Abuse by Officer Who Knelt on George Floyd (yahoo.com)
A few paragraphs down you can read that there were "six arrests as far back as 2015 that the Minnesota attorney general's office sought to introduce, arguing that they showed how Chauvin was using excessive force when he restrained people". In the next paragraph, you can read this. "Of the six people arrested, two were black, one was Latino and one was Native American. The race of the other two was not included in the arrest reports that reporters examined."

I would like to know the race of these other two people. It seems to me that since race was not included in these arrest reports, it is possible that they were white. If that is the case (I am not suggesting that I am convinced that they were white) that would prove that Derek Chauvin is not a racist. He may have been a bad cop, deserving of being removed from law enforcement, but if he is not racist, then this whole "George Floyd was killed by a racist cop" was not the truth. Maybe all the violence and destruction would not have happened.
I wonder why people think that just because youre a racist that keeps you from being a general all around asshole to others? Seems to me the two would go hand in hand.

If you're an equal opportunity asshole you're not a racist by definition
False. Being an racist doesnt necessarily have anything to do with being an asshole.

I just read an article on Yahoo News that came from the New York Times concerning Derek Chauvin, the officer who knelt on George Floyd's neck.
'Don't Kill Me': Others Tell of Abuse by Officer Who Knelt on George Floyd (yahoo.com)
A few paragraphs down you can read that there were "six arrests as far back as 2015 that the Minnesota attorney general's office sought to introduce, arguing that they showed how Chauvin was using excessive force when he restrained people". In the next paragraph, you can read this. "Of the six people arrested, two were black, one was Latino and one was Native American. The race of the other two was not included in the arrest reports that reporters examined."

I would like to know the race of these other two people. It seems to me that since race was not included in these arrest reports, it is possible that they were white. If that is the case (I am not suggesting that I am convinced that they were white) that would prove that Derek Chauvin is not a racist. He may have been a bad cop, deserving of being removed from law enforcement, but if he is not racist, then this whole "George Floyd was killed by a racist cop" was not the truth. Maybe all the violence and destruction would not have happened.
I wonder why people think that just because youre a racist that keeps you from being a general all around asshole to others? Seems to me the two would go hand in hand.

False. Being an racist doesnt necessarily have anything to do with being an asshole.

What kind of racist treats everyone equally?

Not much of a racist

I wasn't talking about public opinion. I don't even know how one would argue public opinion.

Person A thinks one thing and Person B thinks something else. A and B disagree. Ok. Settled?

"I don't think it's possible to prove race-based motives behind the vast majority of these kinds of incidents.

I wish we would just leave race out of this. It just clouds up the discussion with something that can't be proven by either side.

That to me reads like you care about public opinion. Race will have nothing to do with his prosecution in a direct sense.....The prosecutor is not out there saying this. What are you talking about?

I was addressing the OP.

I don't think it's possible to prove that Chauvin is racist. Simple as that.

We have no idea what was going through his mind when he killed Floyd.

I was addressing the OP.

Yea but you're crying about people who are openly discriminated against assuming a cop (whose profession is doing the discrimanting) is being a racist

You know why that won't stop

If you want it to stop you have to stop the racial profiling.

That's the issue. Not people bringing race up when it's obviously relevant in these contexts. More so than any other aspect of our lives.

What you're asking for is impossible with this discrimination going on. Will not and should not happen.

This is better than teh alternative, which is what you want. We all pretend everything is ok. Nothing more disturbing in American governance than our criminal justice system

Yea but you're crying about people who are openly discriminated against assuming a cop (whose profession is doing the discrimanting) is being a racist

What are you talking about?

My point was that we can't know what was going through Chauvin's head when he killed Floyd. That's it. That's my point.

Anything outside of that was detracted from responding to you trying to clarify myself.

What are you talking about?

My point was that we can't know what was going through Chauvin's head when he killed Floyd. That's it. That's my point.

Anything outside of that was detracted from responding to you trying to clarify myself.

No your point was we shouldn't talk about it and cast aspersions when we don't know 100%

Which again cops don't get that right

We piss on them because tehir profession is filled with racist fuckwits

In the court of public opinion no one gives a fuck about guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Reasonable guilt is good enough

Let him hang for the good fo society. Fuck him

Pigs should be scared

Just like OJ got off for the good of society. Sometimes this is how this shit has to go for unity. We let pretty black whores die and no one cares. We let a pretty white one die and let OJ get away with it. When your system is openly racist you get these sorts of weird outcomes. Like having to release murderers for social cohesion because you had nazis as part of your police force.

Last edited:

Not much of a racist
The kind that pretends to not be racist. What did that have to do with my point?

Not much of a racist
The kind that pretends to not be racist. What did that have to do with my point?

By your standard everyone is racist is what i'm getting from this

Including probably most black americans

To be racist you have to actually do or think something racist in my world view. Not just be an asshole who interacts with people of other ethnic groups.

I was addressing the OP.

" We have no idea what was going through his mind when he killed Floyd. "

We can use reasonable judgement based on his previous behavior while interacting with Black people. His employer said he had a problem with Black people. That would be enough for me if I was a juror.

No your point was we shouldn't talk about it and cast aspersions when we don't know 100%

Yea, that too. I don't think we should conclude that Chauvin is racist when we can't possibly know that he is.

But we know his profession is

There is a dead black guy on the ground who he callously handled

That's enough

Society is too fucked up to bear this scenario and not go after him.

Just like society was too fucked up to convict OJ

All this race centric shit warps the system, and it starts from the racial profiling.

Not much of a racist

By your standard everyone is racist is what i'm getting from this

Including probably most black americans

To be racist you have to actually do or think something racist in my world view. Not just be an asshole who interacts with people of other ethnic groups.
Black people cant be racist in this country but nice diversion.

Its possible to be an asshole without being a racist and its possible to be both.

We can use reasonable judgement based on his previous behavior while interacting with Black people. His employer said he had a problem with Black people. That would be enough for me if I was a juror.

That's new to me. Do you have a link to that?

But we know his profession is

Many racist police officers don't mean that every one of them is racist.

You keep making these points like it isn't overwhelmingly true that police racially profile

Even black cops

That's enough. The burden is not 100%, beyond a reasonable doubt, or whatever other absurd non existent standard you want to use.

None of that matters when the public gets involved

Gotta give black America what they want sometimes to mollify them over the litany of other fucked up things society does. This is one of those times.

Hell racial crime rates are enough for cops to racially profile. Cops are a lot worse behaved than your average black guy.

That's new to me. Do you have a link to that?

" Speaking to CBS, Santamaria also said she believed that Chauvin was "afraid and intimidated" by black people. "

Forum List

Back