The Lone Ranger

Watchmen-feature.jpg

So the question presents itself...why did a white version of The Lone Ranger come to be what America believes to be thee lone ranger?

So the question presents itself...why did a white version of The Lone Ranger come to be what America believes to be thee lone ranger?
Because at the time the story developed, black people were considered inferior and there were too few black folks to relate to the character.

Is that what you were looking for? It's the truth. It sucks, but it happened.

Not my fault.

I think we have made up for it many times over. So, you can stop crying about it now....finally.

About the only Blacks on television back then were Amos and Andy. And Nat King Cole had a very short show, like for 15 minutes.

This board is such a learning curve! So much for the L/R & his buddy Tonto's 1950's TV image. Looks like that mask & Tonto was an early PC attempt to foster the image of: "can't we just all get along?"

Same reason people think the ancient Egyptians were Swedish.
They were not really "black" either, although some evidence suggest that Egyptians were like Ethiopians, with black skin, but not like sub-Saharan Africans.

There's a really good argument for Jesus being black that white folks love to ignore.

Sorry. I must have missed the link to a reputable source for this incredible "revelation."

Did this guy have a Native American sidekick? White horse? Silver bullets? Speak scrupulously good grammar using no contractions?

He did have a Native American companion, rode on a silver horse, was a master of disguise, and an expert marksman.

Because the real story wasn't being told. Kind of like American history has been taught post-1970s.

Because at the time the story developed, black people were considered inferior and there were too few black folks to relate to the character.

Not my fault.

I think we have made up for it many times over. So, you can stop crying about it now....finally.
Who's the "we" and how have they made up for it?

Same reason people think the ancient Egyptians were Swedish.
They were not really "black" either, although some evidence suggest that Egyptians were like Ethiopians, with black skin, but not like sub-Saharan Africans.

There's a really good argument for Jesus being black that white folks love to ignore.
No such thing as sub-saharan. Thats more white boy speak trying to separate Egypt from Africa.

Here ae some Ethiopian people. They look like Black people to me. In fact my friend is Ethiopian and I wouldnt have known if he didnt tell me.

www_media_partially-generated-page-translations_2000245_image_-c-monika-tichackova-mokonissa-primary-school-02.jpg_2133x1200-cover.jpg

Not my fault.

Who's the "we" and how have they made up for it?
We = the world

Do you want me to list all the black badasses made so by the roles they play/characters they portray? Or, will you just take my word for it?

Forum List

Back