Was the Columbus, OH., police officer justified shooting the knife wielding girl? (poll)

Do you support the police officer shooting the knife wielding girl protecting the unarmed girl?

• Yes, the shooting was justified.

Votes: 111 94.1%
  • No, I'll explain in my post

Votes: 7 5.9%

• Total voters
And the girl shot was the victim being attacked by the gang,
That's not what happened when LE arrived. There were no physical attacks going on when they rolled up.
I beg to differ. As soon as they got out of the police car the gal with the knife knocked another girl down and then went after the girl wearing pink. Watch the videos again.

She was getting close to her head area with the knife when the police shoots her to stop it.

How can you miss the obvious Rigby5?

Silly.
It was on over hand grip, swinging side to side.
That would be impossible to reach the head area, and she never got close.

The only way a knife attack could be deadly is un underhand grip, a direct lunge below the ribcage, pointed upward.
Nothing else really had any chance of being deadly.
An the knife wielder never looked at all like she was intending any real harm.
It was all theatrics.
She could easily have made contact, but never actually tried.
Stop posting nonsense. Here is a photo showing the murder in-progress, until the cop stopped her.
View attachment 483123

Wrong.
The sharp edge of the knife is to the right.
If this swing to the left tried to contact the neck, it would have had to have been with dull backside of the blade.
This is a side ways swring.
Nothing remotely deadly appearing at all.

And only M'Kia lived there and had the right of defense.
The girl in pink is one of the trespassing attackers.

You are suggesting that casual non threatening unarmed "trespasser" carrying a cat in her arms should be slashed?

Really are you on drugs today? your tortured rationalizations have gotten stupider by the thread page.

It is EASY to stab anyone who is trapped by a car, you must never have handled a knife in your life because you are trying the impossible in saying knife held the way that girl help can't stab anyone.

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Holding a knife out to the side is winding up for a wild roundhouse swing. It is not the way you prepare for a direct lunge, which is the only really threatening way to use a knife in an attack.
Nor did the woman in pink have a cat.
Four fatal shots is an escalation from a possible slash.
Not saying it was terrible, but not the best possible outcome, and 4 shots was overkill.
Bad training.
But good marksmanship.

You are full of shit!

You have yet to show she shouldn't be shot to prevent a stabbing that was a second ot two away from being real.

The girl screamed that she was going to stab her and it is easy to do that with a long knife, you are trying to conjure proof out of thin air, the VIDEO utterly destroys everything you say.

She was still alive after the first shot you idiot, that is why he kept firing, besides who give a shit if she had 1 or 4 bullets in her body, she is DEAD!

Here is the link to much better video of the incident
You just really get past your ignorant dogma. In Canada or maybe even in America, a police officer would admit that death of a citizen by his gun would be his failure as a police officer.

Police action at a crime scene or potential crime scene that results in death or deaths, is police failure.

Why didn't they stay in the house until the police arrived? Also the officer had no way of knowing who the individuals were when he arrived, he had to react to the situation he was witnessing.

There's nothing more you need to know than just the fact that death or deaths at a crime scene is police failure.

Hundreds more comments on this thread are not going to change that fact.

Reitterating over and over again by Americans that that is the desired outcome is just window dressing.

The reasons why it's desired is of interest here.

You are a fucking idiot. The officer didn't create the situation, he had to react to it.

Why didn't they stay in the house until the police arrived? Also the officer had no way of knowing who the individuals were when he arrived, he had to react to the situation he was witnessing.

There's nothing more you need to know than just the fact that death or deaths at a crime scene is police failure.

Reitterating over and over again by Americans that that is the desired outcome is just window dressing.

You are a fucking idiot. The officer didn't create the situation, he had to react to it.

I put him on ignore he is that way all the time, not worth reading his low IQ stuff.

He's just another nosey foreigner that DOES NOT BELONG in America's internal discourse. Folks like him do not belong on a forum dedicated to American politics and I don't know why so many of you bother arguing with them. There is plenty to deal with internally without some foreigner offering their useless input into our affairs.
Put them on ignore

Your fellow Americans will be close to unanimous that I'm a fuking idiot.

Police action at a crime scene or potential crime scene that results in death or deaths, is police failure.

IMHO there is no justification for the police to allow anyone to murder an unarmed person.
The girl with the knife is attempting to murder an unarmed girl, totally unacceptable.
Anyone who blames the cop for anything other than doing his job "protecting" the unarmed girl is a racist gaslighting POS.

The public sees this largely as an unfair fight.

If the police officer would have pulled out a knife to stop the assailant, it wouldn't have been as bad.

It would have been at least a fair fight. In this situation, a gun vs. a knife, totally unfair.

Yeah, I heard that some twat on social media said, "That cop brought a gun to a knife fight," like that's some conclusively bad criticism.

Seems to me that Ma'Khia brought a knife to a gun fight.

He's just another nosey foreigner that DOES NOT BELONG in America's internal discourse. Folks like him do not belong on a forum dedicated to American politics and I don't know why so many of you bother arguing with them. There is plenty to deal with internally without some foreigner offering their useless input into our affairs.
Put them on ignore

Does putting me on ignore include that you will stop obsessing over my opinions?

Yeah, I heard that some twat on social media said, "That cop brought a gun to a knife fight," like that's some conclusively bad criticism.

Seems to me that Ma'Khia brought a knife to a gun fight.

Unless you're a Klan member, Police action at a crime scene or potential crime scene that results in death or deaths, is police failure.

No stabbing occurred and none was likely to occur if police had not arrived either.
I have twice posted a link to a crime in Cincinnati where on the same day the police shot M. Bryant a
13 year old teen stabbed another 13 year old to death with a pocket knife.

What you keep repeating is just garbage and nonsense. I don't want to be rude but
you keep repeating nonsense that's easily disproved.
You should really stop.

Nor is shooting a teen 4 times with hollow point .40S&W the best way to stop it.
I agree it might be overkill, no pun intended, but you have to admit the chunky
attacker stopped her attempted murderous assault.

She could have stopped before but ignored police warnings. So you have to admit police action
achieved the intended outcome and the girl under attack likely had her life saved, despite what
you continually claim.

With all due respect, Donald...you're an idiot! You've got one woman about to stab the other and the Police are about ten yards away. What "remedy" would you suggest is going to keep that other girl from being stabbed other than to shoot the girl wielding the knife? That girl gets shot regardless of skin color. Claiming otherwise is nothing more than race baiting! The Police Officer involved did his job. Not shooting and letting an unarmed person be murdered is what you think should have happened which is why you ARE an idiot!
I'll pay you the courtesy of one reply. The death may or may not have been preventable.

I won't get into any detail because your words indicate to me that you have absolutely no interest in hearing anything rational on how police attitudes could save so many American lives.

In the very slim chance that you actually care about human life, you could investigate the difference in American police actions ending in deaths, as opposed to other modern democracies.

Or you can just conclude that I'm an idiot and drop the whole thing.

A question for you: Can you reconcile your lust for death by police with your religious beliefs?

Yep, I vote for you being a fucking idiot. No one has a lust for death, sometimes it's just not preventable. The officer did his job.

Just like the folks in this link did.

British police kill knife-wielding man who fatally stabbed two people on London Bridge

Yes. And No. I know. It is I the cop hater. At least that is what the replies from certain people will claim.

Yes. Shooting a weapon wielding individual is justified to save life.

The problem is totality of the situation. Nobody was hearing the commands of the cop. He wasn’t the loudest voice there. The fighting girls didn’t even see him. Not because they were black. Nor because they were girls.

The term is situational awareness. It takes training to avoid the normal human tendency to focus on one thing. The tunnel vision. A vast majority of you will never have experienced it. But with training you can avoid that deadly mistake.

The girls fighting were seeing nothing but their enemies. Totally normal human reaction. They were not hearing anything. Much less the sounds of the cop shouting.

This is where you need something to startle them. Something to get their attention. A shot into the grass as one example. I watched the video once. My mind screamed fire a shot into the ground. It will startle the girls out of the tunnel.

When the cop fired. At that moment he had a choice. Let another person get stabbed. Wounded. Possibly killed. Or shoot.

I don’t find fault with the shooting at the time it happened. But here again is where my often advocated position comes in. A study into the totality of events. Alternatives that can be thought of. Alternatives that may be available to the next cop in the next situation. Alternatives that may save a life later. And there are always alternatives. There are always lessons to be learned.

The biggest thing is think. It is hard to think in a stressful situation. The ability to do so is invaluable. This is where training comes in. Teaching people to think when the stress is on. Teaching them to avoid that tunnel vision.

The more you know. The better you are. We should milk incidents like this for every ounce of information.

It was a justified shooting IMO. It was still regrettable. And I would like to think of ways to avoid it if possible next time. I don’t want to see anyone die. Cop or civilian. If it can possibly be avoided.

You know why you don't fire into the ground? One word: ricochet.

Also, startling someone who's already swinging a knife at someone is an excellent way to make them lurch forward and CONTINUE THE SWING. Ever hear of momentum? Ever get startled by a loud, unexpected sound behind you? Did you freeze, or did you jump? Moron.

Maybe YOU should try thinking before flapping your gob about things you clearly know nothing about.

You convinced me. The shooting was absolutely not justified. Try and convict him for murder.

Awww, is your feewings hurt? I guess you showed me by your vicious decision to "think" something at me. I am cut to the quick by your incisive willingness to hold opinions based on whether or not someone is nice to you about your ignorance, rather than based on facts.

Actually, I'd be really glad that I upset you with my utter lack of respect for you as a sentient being . . . if it wasn't for the fact that I don't respect you enough to give a shit either way.

If this attitude is consistent in America and not just an anamoly on this forum, the country is in some very deep trouble.

This is an indication of budding fascism, apparently caused by the defeat of their mentally ill, would-be president.

How can we determine the depth of the sickness in America. Is this demonstration of evil the real thing for America now?

Is it too far out to suspect that America's police have taken up a mission to kill black people? Can the conviction of Chauvin serve to discourage police brutality for long enough to allow normalcy to seep back into the system?

The rise of Germany's Third Reich can foretell that which appears to be America's course, if progress toward fascism isn't stopped soon.

Biden must appease a very angry and violent people and it must happen quickly!

And the girl shot was the victim being attacked by the gang,
That's not what happened when LE arrived. There were no physical attacks going on when they rolled up.
I beg to differ. As soon as they got out of the police car the gal with the knife knocked another girl down and then went after the girl wearing pink. Watch the videos again.

Don't believe your eyes, use a PROG-head instead.

So the knife wielder pushed one attacker down first in the video.
She had the knife then.
How come the woman knocked down was not cut?
The knife wielder lived there?
Did the other 2 women live there?
No, they were attackers from elsewhere.
They all lived there. This was a foster family. They got into a fight over housekeeping. No one was from elsewhere.

Correct.
But the knife wielder was smallest and the other started it.
It is not at all likely there was any real risk until the cop fired 4 .40S&W hollow points into her.
A hollow point is designed to expand into a small buzz saw that saws into the body from the rifling spin.
That was the only deadly intent anyone actually saw.
The knife swings were all so awkward as obviously only be theatrics.
There was not even a single drop of blood from the knife, even though they certainly had made close personal contact.

You hear that? New rules for cops.

A. The cops must find out who started it before a person drills a knife into another in the street.

B. If the person holding the knife is smaller than their opponent, the police must take that into account before the person drills a knife into another in the street.

C.. It doesn't matter that the person being stabbed does not have a weapon if they're bigger.

D. There was no risk the knife would have harmed anyone, this was the police force's fault the knife was a knife and she really didn't mean it.

E. She was only pretending to draw a knife toward the other's neck or torso. Police need to ask if they intend to harm another person or if it's just for posture.

F. There was no blood. Police must look for blood before they act as a person swings a knife at another.

So here's how it works.......

Cops show up. They see a girl ready to slam a knife into another on the street, but how do they know she actually will? First they must do their forensics in search for blood spatter. They'll need to put those fighting onto a scale to judge who has a physical advantage, and when that's done they quiz the person who is swinging a weapon if they really mean it.

No new rules needed.
Old rules need to be followed instead.
Police have no additional authority beyond that anyone has.
They can't because no one can give it to them, because they don't have it.
Instead of police, we need armed Neighborhood Watch that knows the people and situation better, and can find a better solution.
Distant is bad.
The closer the better.
Police are SO distant, they likely do more harm than good.
Like the War on Drugs, no-knock warrants, asset forfeiture, etc.
Police are doing a very bad job and getting worse all the time.
Better off without them.
We did fine 100 years ago without them.
Their main goal is to raise revenue.

Run along and have another bowl of commie propaganda.

With all due respect, Donald...you're an idiot! You've got one woman about to stab the other and the Police are about ten yards away. What "remedy" would you suggest is going to keep that other girl from being stabbed other than to shoot the girl wielding the knife? That girl gets shot regardless of skin color. Claiming otherwise is nothing more than race baiting! The Police Officer involved did his job. Not shooting and letting an unarmed person be murdered is what you think should have happened which is why you ARE an idiot!
I'll pay you the courtesy of one reply. The death may or may not have been preventable.

I won't get into any detail because your words indicate to me that you have absolutely no interest in hearing anything rational on how police attitudes could save so many American lives.

In the very slim chance that you actually care about human life, you could investigate the difference in American police actions ending in deaths, as opposed to other modern democracies.

Or you can just conclude that I'm an idiot and drop the whole thing.

A question for you: Can you reconcile your lust for death by police with your religious beliefs?
One life was saved, moron.

From my POV as a Canadian, I can conclude that the lives of American children aren't worth saving.

Or so it would seem if this forum is taken as representative of America in any way?

I put him on ignore he is that way all the time, not worth reading his low IQ stuff.

Yep, but I don't use that feature.

The Biden admin just can't stop blaming cops instead of blaming criminals!? The GOP has lots of ammo for 2022 and 2024.

Good! More ammo is probably the best way forward to a solution for America. The streets must run red with the blood of it's citizens.

It can also serve to harden the opinions of the rest of the world on America's turn to fascism.

Not to mention the leg up it all gives to China!
If the streets run red with CRIMINAL blood so be it.

No one with a brain gives a fuck what the rest of the world thinks of our criminal problems. We are TOP DOG so they can fuck right off or stop taking our free handouts of blood & treasure.

China publicly executes their criminals so lol at that dumbass statement. They also execute political rivals.
So does Saudi Arabia - by chopping off the perp's head.

From my POV as a Canadian, I can conclude that the lives of American children aren't worth saving.

Or so it would seem if this forum is taken as representative of America in any way?
Their lives aren't worth saving if it's at the expense of someone else's life.

Forum List

Back