Warren Zevon "Excitable Boy" around 1978

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
For my money the album changed the tone of pop music from the carefully crafted Beatles junk to real life. Hard charging Warren Zevon managed to offend everyone from the psychiatric treatment industry (excitable boy) to southerners (dead man's song) to the CIA (Roland) to the British based hit song (Werewolves of London). Zevon's singing skill left a lot to be desired but his songs were amazing. Too bad he died relatively young of lung cancer in 2003.

For my money the album changed the tone of pop music from the carefully crafted Beatles junk to real life. Hard charging Warren Zevon managed to offend everyone from the psychiatric treatment industry (excitable boy) to southerners (dead man's song) to the CIA (Roland) to the British based hit song (Werewolves of London). Zevon's singing skill left a lot to be desired but his songs were amazing. Too bad he died relatively young of lung cancer in 2003.
AH OOOOO!
His hair was perfect.

Warren was a genius musically. He never cared about being "popular", he definitely marched to his own tune. Thanks very much for bringing him up, and Happy Holidays to you.

Bring lawyers, guns and, money, and don't you ever talk trash about the Beatles again.

Forum List

Back