Station Eleven - HBO Max

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Watched the first episode last night.
Promising. Hopefully keeps it up.
Looks like some decent shows coming out now... refreshing, after the last year of bunk

Looks like some decent shows coming out now... refreshing, after the last year of bunk
Low rated on IMDB. 6.9. Besides why bother watching a show that mimics real life?

Plot Summary
A post apocalyptic saga spanning multiple timelines, telling the stories of survivors of a devastating flu as they attempt to rebuild and reimagine the world anew while holding on to the best of what’s been lost.

Low rated on IMDB. 6.9. Besides why bother watching a show that mimics real life?

Plot Summary
A post apocalyptic saga spanning multiple timelines, telling the stories of survivors of a devastating flu as they attempt to rebuild and reimagine the world anew while holding on to the best of what’s been lost.
Not a lot to choose from. Well, actually there is a WHOLE lot to choose from, but 98% of it sucks or is woke shit

What is the woke factor?

Are the main characters Negroes?

Are the bad guys Whites?

Any queers?

Not a lot to choose from. Well, actually there is a WHOLE lot to choose from, but 98% of it sucks or is woke shit
I can’t agree. There are so many streaming options offering an infinite number of series and movies, you should be able to find something.

Although the first episode was interesting, if if turns out to be just another apocalyptic movie, I'll skip it

I can’t agree. There are so many streaming options offering an infinite number of series and movies, you should be able to find something.
You're right, practically every movie that has enjoyed any box office success is being streamed somewhere. The problem is not finding a good movie but deciding on which one.

Watched episode 3 last night.
Meh.
It just isn't that interesting. It's ok, kind of better than staring at a blank screen.
Not sure if we will watch anymore.

The book has been on my list for a while now, just picked it up a week or so ago. I'll read it first, but I am pleased the the reviews are at least decent.

Low rated on IMDB. 6.9.

On IMDb, that's a fairly good rating.

I just checked it, and the rating has gone up to 7.1. For me, a movie gets iffy when the rating is below 6.0.

The book has been on my list for a while now, just picked it up a week or so ago. I'll read it first, but I am pleased the the reviews are at least decent.

On IMDb, that's a fairly good rating.

I just checked it, and the rating has gone up to 7.1. For me, a movie gets iffy when the rating is below 6.0.
I don’t believe a 7.1 rating is good, when Breaking Bad is 9.4. There are hundreds of shows rated below BB and above this show, but it might still be good.

It seems anymore what passes for making a show is to film characters having random conversations.
Nothing happening, just people talking about one thing or another.
And that is what this show has been to me.
People sitting around talking. And that would be ok if it progressed the story or was interesting.
Walking Dead became true to it's title in this way.
Was a great series...among the best... till it turned into a collection of people sitting around talking

Forum List

Back