War Hero Morris Jeppson Dies: Enola Gay Crewman Who Armed Atomic Bomb Dropped on Japs

I care very much for the lives of American soldiers, which is why I'm a strict noninterventionist. I don't like them dying for empire or to save face. As for being ignorant about history, my own personal opinion is that I'm not but I'm guessing yours differs.

I don't know how you wouldn't of gotten along with FDR. He ignored the Holocaust. And as according to your "strict noninterventionist" stance, you wouldn't of gotten involved in that either.

kevin wouldn't have done anything after pearl harbor. he would have sat back until the Japs made it all the way to Chicago.

Well I wouldn't have provoked the Japanese into attacking us in the first place, and his economic policies left much to be desired.

We didn't provoke the Japanese into attacking us in the first place you wingnut. The Japanese wanted to keep invading places for resources for the war which would of went directly to the Nazis. Plus, we weren't too happy about their actions against the Chinese.

Stop swimming and drowning yourself in the Libertarian think tank kool-aid for five minutes and realize that Japan was the aggressor.

I care very much for the lives of American soldiers, which is why I'm a strict noninterventionist. I don't like them dying for empire or to save face. As for being ignorant about history, my own personal opinion is that I'm not but I'm guessing yours differs.

I don't know how you wouldn't of gotten along with FDR. He ignored the Holocaust. And as according to your "strict noninterventionist" stance, you wouldn't of gotten involved in that either.

kevin wouldn't have done anything after pearl harbor. he would have sat back until the Japs made it all the way to Chicago.

As stated previously, I wouldn't have given Japan the incentive to attack Pearl Harbor in the first place.

Well I wouldn't have provoked the Japanese into attacking us in the first place, and his economic policies left much to be desired.

We didn't provoke the Japanese into attacking us in the first place you wingnut. The Japanese wanted to keep invading places for resources for the war which would of went directly to the Nazis. Plus, we weren't too happy about their actions against the Chinese.

Stop swimming and drowning yourself in the Libertarian think tank kool-aid for five minutes and realize that Japan was the aggressor.

Is name calling really productive to the discussion?

Source documents.

The Atomic Bomb and the End of World War II: A Collection of Primary Sources

The Japanese had NO INTENTION of surrendering before we dropped the bombs. In fact they had no intention of surrendering AFTER we dropped the Bombs. Only the DIRECT INTERVENTION by the Emperor changed that. And even then the Army attempted a Coup against the Emperor to stop his announcement they would surrender.

Oh grow up Kevin. If you seriously believe that America was the aggressor, you are being a wingnut. You seriously do not know your history and whatever you learn from those Libertarian think tanks have seriously warped your mind if you believe that. Nobody here is saying that we loved to drop the bombs on Japan. However, war is full of many actions that are both necessary and difficult. This is one of them.

Japan attacked the US to further their war aims in the Far East. THEY started a hot war against China to which the US quit selling them scrap metal and oil. Claiming that we FORCED the Japanese to attack us is retarded and insane.

Oh grow up Kevin. If you seriously believe that America was the aggressor, you are being a wingnut. You seriously do not know your history and whatever you learn from those Libertarian think tanks have seriously warped your mind if you believe that. Nobody here is saying that we loved to drop the bombs on Japan. However, war is full of many actions that are both necessary and difficult. This is one of them.

Grown ups don't generally refer to each other as "wingnuts" in civil conversation. If you can't see how vaporizing innocent civilians is aggressive, then I'm afraid we have little more to discuss. But you know, as well as I do, that had Germany or Japan dropped a nuke on us or anyone else they would have gone down in history as war-criminals.

Japan attacked the US to further their war aims in the Far East. THEY started a hot war against China to which the US quit selling them scrap metal and oil. Claiming that we FORCED the Japanese to attack us is retarded and insane.

Nobody said they were forced to attack us, simply that they were given incentive to do so.

Actually it's pretty clear they were reaching out to the Soviet Union to end the fighting before the bombs were dropped, and our intelligence knew this.

yeah, dumbfuck, that's why they were training their civilians in hand-to-hand combat right before the bombs. because they were trying to wage peace.
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Now that's not very nice.

well maybe you shouldn't be calling people war criminals when you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

yeah, dumbfuck, that's why they were training their civilians in hand-to-hand combat right before the bombs. because they were trying to wage peace.
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Now that's not very nice.

well maybe you shouldn't be calling people war criminals when you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

If vaporizing innocent civilians isn't a war crime then nothing in the history of the world has been a war crime.

Nobody said they were forced to attack us, simply that they were given incentive to do so.

Ahh yes, we should have continued to arm and fuel Japan and her wars of aggression so that we would be safe from attack, I got ya.

Ahh yes, we should have continued to arm and fuel Japan and her wars of aggression so that we would be safe from attack, I got ya.

We should have minded our own business.

It's reasons like this is why I would never vote for a hardcore Libertarian as POTUS. No offense Kevin, but I wouldn't want a POTUS at the wheel who would be willing to sit on his hands while clear and cut genocide occurs in front of him.

It's reasons like this is why I would never vote for a hardcore Libertarian as POTUS. No offense Kevin, but I wouldn't want a POTUS at the wheel who would be willing to sit on his hands while clear and cut genocide occurs in front of him.

Never mind that it is SOLELY our BUSINESS who we chose to sell to.

Forum List

Back