Want to know why the left is pushing INSURRECTION so hard?

I always thought it was just a "mostly peaceful" demonstration. With all those police officers waving people on into the Capitol, I don't see how most of the demonstrators would even suppose they weren't supposed to be there! I listened to Trump's speech on Fox while I was waiting for the Ted Cruz address, and while it wasn't his best speech, for sure, he did not in my hearing tell them to go into the Capitol ---- he told them to go "down there" and protest the pending election certification.

Obviously that Babbitt woman went too far, and I wonder what the story was with Zip Tie Guy.

But that's a far cry from the violent crowbars and Molotov cocktails thrown at police and all the other horrific black riot violence and burning and looting the Dems supported and encouraged.

I don't agree that it was especially dangerous if the demonstrators HAD gotten in the same room with Congress. It seemed to be a party atmosphere with Antler Man and the mischief about the desks and podiums and all --- cheerful. A lot more cheerful and good-humored than ALLLL the French mob attacks on the National Conventions --- the mobs swarmed into their "congresses" armed with clubs and guns again and again during the Revolution, and many times in later years (1830, 1848, 1871, and did they get in during the big riots in 1936? They sure were trying to, all night.) The French mobs never killed any of the representatives --- they never even killed the King and his family hiding under the podium in a tiny room. They just crowded in and yelled at them. Eventually, sometimes hours later or even overnight, some soldiers would come and get rid of the rioters.

I can't imagine our cheerful crowd even shouting at the Congress. We have video that they stayed in between the velvet ropes while moving through the Capitol! A far cry from the horrible rioters with crowbars leaping again and again to pry plywood off the stores on Fifth Avenue New York. I often wonder if I would have gone in if I had been at the Capitol; or have looked at the situation and gone home. I don't know! I'm pretty used to being in protests in D.C. over the decades. I might have gone in, if I didn't have to do much climbing.
What “all these police officers“ waving people into the building?

These ones?

19982870-56AD-45EE-AA86-B788ACE561A0.jpeg

or was it the officer the mob dragged down the steps and beat with bats and flagpoles?

756378F7-263F-4841-AB36-959CA761BEE1.jpeg

Looks like your cheerful mob strayed from the velvet rope…

C35BBA2F-3B91-46F9-8B65-6DE062A7D5C8.jpeg

I don’t think it was as innocuous as riot that got out of hand.

I always thought it was just a "mostly peaceful" demonstration. With all those police officers waving people on into the Capitol, I don't see how most of the demonstrators would even suppose they weren't supposed to be there! I listened to Trump's speech on Fox while I was waiting for the Ted Cruz address, and while it wasn't his best speech, for sure, he did not in my hearing tell them to go into the Capitol ---- he told them to go "down there" and protest the pending election certification.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with the poster Coyote.
I disagree---in part ---with poster Circe.

From my perspective, there are many moving parts, timelines, places, actors.
Accordingly, there are many stories about each.
One partisan view can say...."they were criminal insurrectionists" whereas the other side will allege it was an epidsode of 'Tourists-Gone-Wild'.
CAVEAT: I am not asserting either poster above falls into either of those categories.

The point is, we can grasp one story (and it'll be true)....and we can grasp another seemingly opposite story (and it too, will be true).
Mostly peaceful, given the thousands of people....true.
A violent mob savagely beating uniformed officers......true.

So, there are elements of truthiness in many of the narratives offered. And, as we know, the view of what happened on January 6th can be greatly influenced about what one thinks of Don Trump. That's not to say, haters of Trump think he did everthing bad that day, or....lovers of Trump say he did everything right. But the view of who he is colors many perceptions of January 6th.

It WAS a huge crowd....Don Trump says "1 million"...... others practiced in guaging crowd size say "certainly less than 250,000".
Whichever number you agree to....it is still a LOT of people in one relatively small space.
Some of them were the 'tip-of-the-spear' and acted as leaders and accelerators (see below Lawfare link).
Some of them were gobsmacked hangers-on who wandered around inside the Capitol...taking selfies, some even staying within the rope lines.
But there is gobs of footage showing the that not all of them were bedazzled rubes from the hinterland.
Some came with their Kevlar costumes, acted organized and purposeful, some went to specific offices seeking specifica legislators.

I am persuaded that there was an Organ Grinder or Grinders.....setting it in motion and doing so with a specific intent.
And around them....almost as 'cover' were the multitudes of angry MAGAHatters who came to DC because Don Trump --and his minions--had ginned them up for over 2months that they were victims; had urged them to come to a 'it-will-be-wild' meeting of like-minded; and then inspired them to go to the Capitol to stop the counting of the Electoral votes.

Now, I am just an old retired business guy who now farms soybeans and corn because it keeps me active. But the point is, I'm a long long ways from the Capitol. So my view of January 6th is structured upon what I saw on the telly as it occurred, by what I read in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post....and a handful of other newsfeeds. I wasn't there. I wasn't an eye-witness. And no official calls me seeking advice.

But with that, my perspective now leans towards:
Trump was pesuaded there was an avenue of action that would keep him in office.
He was persuaded (long experience in his rallies) that he had foot soldiers who could create the kinetic energy to cause confusion; Persuaded he could jam up the Congress, the Constitution, the Courts, and if need be, the military (ala' 'The Insurrectio Act'.)

And so the die was cast.

But it got so very very ugly so very very quickly.......the The Plan turned into Defcon4, and the splashback of sh*t began to splatter Trump and his minions.
It DID... get out of hand. Kinetic energy can do that.

Anyway, I found yesterday's Lawfare piece pretty informative. I link to it below.
In it, revealingly ...at least to me.....are two things: One the organization and seeming cooridination within the groups of Proud Boys and Oathkeepers. They seemingly had a purpose. Why? To what end?

And most revealing, that what we saw happen from early to mid-2020----well before the election, with the assertion ("will only lose if they cheat me"), the ginning up of a 'voting machine' scandal', and then the forceful stoppage of Electoral Votes.....well, all of that was described before. As a plan.

As a plan. Four years before!
By Roger Stone.
You can read about the Proud Boys and Stone in the Lawfare Link.

Now, we all look forward to the work of the Select Committee. That cake is still baking.
There is more to come.
What? I dunno. But will watch keenly.

IMHO

you leftists try to redefine words to make them sound bad if jan 6 2021 was an insurrection all of 2017-2021 was a coup and insurrection the DC belt way group, democrat party and the democrat controlled media
Talk about REDEFINE

Why don't you tell us EXACTLY what the attack on the Capitol by a mob intending to kill the VP so a guy who'd back Trump's plan to stay in power would act as President of the Senate and keep Trump in power and out of prison should be called.

Forum List

Back