Walmarts gun restrictions

I don't see anything wrong with this. You can't even buy a drink until you're 21. If you ask me the age should higher to buy a gun.

The brain isn't fully developed until you're 24-25. So 25 is a good age to allow people to buy a gun.
But it's perfectly acceptable to place that "isn't fully developed brain" on a battlefield with a "fully automatic" weapon, then tell him he can't smoke or drink.

Sorry Soldier. You're too immature to own a firearm, smoke, or drink.

I don't see anything wrong with this. You can't even buy a drink until you're 21. If you ask me the age should higher to buy a gun.

The brain isn't fully developed until you're 24-25. So 25 is a good age to allow people to buy a gun.
But it's perfectly acceptable to place that "isn't fully developed brain" on a battlefield with a "fully automatic" weapon, then tell him he can't smoke or drink.

Agreed! I personally think the drinking age is antiquated. Other countries allow people to drink at 18 and some at 16.

Its ridiculous how you're old enough to die for this country but not old enough to buy a drink.

False comparison fallacy.

So, at what age should one be allowed to own a gun illegally? Would that be 25, too? Are rampage killers making sure they're old enough to be rampage killers or something?

So, for three years, every law abiding woman who lives alone must not only be unarmed, but be known by all to be unarmed.

What effect do you think that will have?

Who anointed you arbiter of all things that should be?

So, for three years, every law abiding woman who lives alone must not only be unarmed, but be known by all to be unarmed.

Lots of women live alone unarmed everyday. I lived alone from the time I was 23 until I was 27 alone.

And having a gun doesn't always ensure safety. An intruder can always attack when you're in a room where the gun isn't present.

They wont be able to enforce that countrywide. Some states have PA laws that include age.
They SHOULD be able to run their business how they see fit but the bedwetter fascists have spoken!

I actually don't have an issue with PA laws in actual PA's.

When you invite the public inside your property to conduct business then there are rules.

Now if you contract a service between two parties, and the service is non-essential, non-timely, and easily replaceable then PA laws shouldn't apply.

Dick's is a walk-in store, the definition of a PA.

No...there should be safety and health rules but there should be no rules telling you who you can and can't serve...it is your private property........

Lots of women live alone unarmed everyday. I lived alone from the time I was 23 until I was 27 alone.

And having a gun doesn't always ensure safety. An intruder can always attack when you're in a room where the gun isn't present.

And there are women who live alone, and are raped and murdered.....

So.....

Is it better that a woman is raped, than that she be allowed to carry a gun to stop it?

Agreed! I personally think the drinking age is antiquated. Other countries allow people to drink at 18 and some at 16.

Its ridiculous how you're old enough to die for this country but not old enough to buy a drink.

And Kill for this country.......that is part of the equation too....

There is a Civil Rights law suit just waiting on this age restriction....

Walmart and Dick’s Raise Minimum Age for Gun Buyers to 21

Two of the nation’s leading gun sellers, Walmart and Dick’s Sporting Goods, took steps on Wednesday to limit their sales of firearms, thrusting themselves into the middle of the polarizing national debate over gun control.

Walmart, the biggest gun seller, announced late in the afternoon that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age. It also said it would no longer sell items resembling assault-style rifles, including toys and air guns.

Early in the day, Dick’s said it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores. The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and would also require any gun buyer to be at least 21, regardless of local laws.

Under federal law, a person must be at least 21 to buy a handgun from a firearms dealer. But 18-year-olds can buy semiautomatic rifles and other firearms.

It looks like the market is ahead of the politicians in judging public sentiment.

Walmarts has a low class of people who I prefer to stay far away from. Dick's Sporting Goods has an even lower class of people who make me puke. Target is the worst of all.

edit: Anyone who shops at Target is a raving lunatic!

Last edited:

There is a Civil Rights law suit just waiting on this age restriction....

Yep. Courts and Congress have let lawyers run amuck and have locked the country up to the point nothing effective can be done about anything at all. The is the first reform that needs to be addressed, kicking massively funded 'social justice' ambulance chasers back into the sewers they crawled out of. I don't exempt a lot of right wingnuts from complicity in that, either.

Let Dicks and Walmart do as they please...truth be told there are literally thousands of places someone can buy ARs.

But the left struts around like peacocks thinking they've won some great battle LOL
Once again showing that no one profits more from mass shootings than the NRA and gun manufacturers.
Can you show how they profit ? The only people I see that get anything out of these murders are lefty zealots exploitation for political means. Before the bodies are even cold progressives are screaming for 2nd Amendment restrictions.

Walmarts located in urban areas south of me carry no firearms or ammo. Seems they deemed the inner city as a place to not sell long ago. Appears more discriminatory to not sell to blacks than 20 year olds. Yet no one had a problem with that. Non issue in my book.
Personally, I will go to a proper gun store with an indoor range. Not a damn discount big box retailer.

^^^^^ This.

As said before, many walmarts don't sell guns in the first place, haven't in years. This is merely a PR hoax. So is the sniveling about the NRA, meant to divert attention away from left wing 'progressive' policies and racist pandering to black pols that have been continual failures in the education system since the Nixon Presidency.

They wont be able to enforce that countrywide. Some states have PA laws that include age.
They SHOULD be able to run their business how they see fit but the bedwetter fascists have spoken!

I actually don't have an issue with PA laws in actual PA's.

When you invite the public inside your property to conduct business then there are rules.

Now if you contract a service between two parties, and the service is non-essential, non-timely, and easily replaceable then PA laws shouldn't apply.

Dick's is a walk-in store, the definition of a PA.

No...there should be safety and health rules but there should be no rules telling you who you can and can't serve...it is your private property........

The thing is once you invite the public into your property without restriction, you do become a public accomodation. The real question is does this make ANY transaction you do subject to PA laws. The progressive controllers say yes, people with more sense say no.

Forum List

Back