Walmart pulls Juneteenth ice cream

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Walmart pulls Juneteenth ice cream Roy Wood Jr. called out on social media

Walmart is pulling its ice cream commemorating Juneteenth after criticism and backlash on social media.

The ice cream, consisting of a swirl of red velvet and cheesecake flavors, has a label that reads, “Share and celebrate African-American culture, emancipation and enduring hope.”

Many on social media have called out Walmart for using Juneteenth as a marketing scheme.

“Juneteenth holiday marks a celebration of freedom and independence,” Walmart said in a statement to FOX Television Stations. “However, we received feedback that a few items caused concern for some of our customers and we sincerely apologize. We are reviewing our assortment and will remove items as appropriate.”

Among those who have called attention to the ice cream is Alabama-raised Roy Wood Jr.

LOL.....Stacy Abrams is having it all sent to her house.

I don't see what's wrong with Walmart's efforts here.

Juneteenth is a holiday that is celebrated by all Americans who get the day off- not just black people.

This kind of product helps get people, particularly honky children, in the holiday spirit, particularly if they live in areas with few or no black people living.

I guess Walmart can just put watermelons on sale for the holiday, as well as adult products like malt liquor and newports for adults.

Juneteenth is a holiday that is celebrated by all Americans who get the day off- not just black people.

This kind of product helps get people, particularly honky children, in the holiday spirit, particularly if they live in areas with few or no black people living.

I guess Walmart can just put watermelons on sale for the holiday, as well as adult products like malt liquor and newports for adults.
Query: somebody has been telling me that tinted windows of cars is a black thing. Is that true, does anyone know?

The ice cream, consisting of a swirl of red velvet and cheesecake flavors, has a label that reads, “Share and celebrate African-American culture, emancipation and enduring hope.”
Huh! I assumed it would be chocolate. Maybe with chocolate chips.

1653402275598.png

We're going to KFC.

Juneteenth is a day that commemorates a historical event that pretty much nothing happened. It's like the Mad Hatter's Happy Unbirthday.

Texas resident here...no, it's not true.
For sunscreen? I once got a bad sunburn touring Charleston, SC, in a closed car --- through the car windows. So I wondered if it could be true about blacks and tinted windows. I HAVE noticed that here in Maryland blacks, especially young males, are still wearing masks when no one else is ----- probably to stay unrecognized wherever they go, like with hoodies. So maybe tinted car windows could be a black thing, but I bet you are right that it isn't in the South.

Walmart is one of those so called big box stores that colluded with the gov't. 'you help us ride herd on the american people over this covid scam' and we'll drive your smaller competition out of business for ya'. And they did. They put up cattle guards and guards at the entrance with no warning, at gov't orders. THey herded their customers in and out like cattle for slaughter. They harassed you at the door for masks and inside, allowed their still wet behind the ears employees to chide customers walking in unmasked. They limited what you could buy and then hurt the milk producers when there was NO NEED to by limiting their products or not putting them on the shelves. Note prices never went up at that time, remember? They put arrows on the floor telling you how and when you could enter an aisle. LOLOL Then they allowed their under educated, over privileged, hateful, loud mouthed, UGLY grandchildren to criticize all conservative america by criticizing our political and cultural beliefs. It used to be that just blue america/americans hated walmart. Now all of us do. even their own employees.

Circe said:
I keep meaning to ---- to try one of those famous chicken sandwiches. I could bring some home for lunch.

Somehow I just never get there.

wait till you see the bill.

Walmart is one of those so called big box stores that colluded with the gov't. 'you help us ride herd on the american people over this covid scam' and we'll drive your smaller competition out of business for ya'. And they did. They put up cattle guards and guards at the entrance with no warning, at gov't orders. THey herded their customers in and out like cattle for slaughter. They harassed you at the door for masks and inside, allowed their still wet behind the ears employees to chide customers walking in unmasked. They limited what you could buy and then hurt the milk producers when there was NO NEED to by limiting their products or not putting them on the shelves. Note prices never went up at that time, remember? They put arrows on the floor telling you how and when you could enter an aisle. LOLOL Then they allowed their under educated, over privileged, hateful, loud mouthed, UGLY grandchildren to criticize all conservative america by criticizing our political and cultural beliefs. It used to be that just blue america/americans hated walmart. Now all of us do. even their own employees.
We never go to Walmart, though there are three in the county, and after this advertisement it's not likely I'll hurry over ---------

Everytime you call walmart you have to listen to their bullshit covid recording.

Forum List

Back