Walmart or Trader Joe's

I miss the Albertson's in Tyler and the old Randall's in Lufkin, Texas.
Did that shithole Brookeshire's buy out Albertson's there too.

I sure miss the beef from Albertson's, and their fried chicken was second to none.
I don't know, since we have moved to SLC some years ago. We lived on the hill above the Brookshire family and other mansions (we did not have a mansion). The Brookeshires in Tyler were OK, but Albertson had them beat solid.

I miss the Albertson's in Tyler and the old Randall's in Lufkin, Texas.
Did that shithole Brookeshire's buy out Albertson's there too.

I sure miss the beef from Albertson's, and their fried chicken was second to none.
I don't know, since we have moved to SLC some years ago. We lived on the hill above the Brookshire family and other mansions (we did not have a mansion). The Brookeshires in Tyler were OK, but Albertson had them beat solid.
I really have little choice but three Walmarts, 25-35 miles away.

Top Foods had two big stores here but were higher priced. They must have had a good union too because one checker cow busted my balls for getting in her line while she was busy staring into space. I gave her shit right back and she didn't want to hand over my receipt. I never went back.

One closed, the other one went employee owned and is called Haggins now, their house brand.

Fred Meyer is over priced too, same union problem though. The female checkers are absolute assholes. One order me to remove my items from the basket. I dumped it on the belt, shit flew everywhere. I asked if there was anything else I could do for her. Another bitch ordered me to remove my driver's license and hand it over. I said no and she gave me a little shit about it and said she could refuse to sell me the stuff. I said go right ahead.

I thought about loading up a cart full of magazines and books on the bottom then a lot of frozen foods, ice cream, etc. on top and leaving the cart in the remotest area. But I voted with my dollars instead.

Which one do you prefer? Personally I don't like Walmart's Great Value crap.

Well if you would rather pay more for same product with the brand name labels be my guest.
After all Sara Lee is still Sara Lee whether it be that brand name label or the great value label without the cost.

Well if you would rather pay more for same product with the brand name labels be my guest.
After all Sara Lee is still Sara Lee whether it be that brand name label or the great value label without the cost.

Walmart's Great Value is prohibited in our home by my wife.
I usually never shop at Walmart as there are none near in where we live in Minneapolis. But one time I was on my commute home and my wife called and asked if I'd pick up some pasta. Just as I hung up I came upon Walmart, so I ran into there and bought the type of pasta she was looking for. They only had that type of pasta in the Great Value brand, so I bought it. Before my wife used it, she boiled up a small batch and tasted it. Within moments, I was on my way to the store we usually shop to buy her preferred brand. :laugh:

Last edited:

I like most of Walmart's GV brands. Their crunchy peanut butter and Chunky Chocolate Chip and Iced Oatmeal cookies are delish as are other food items I have tried. There are some I have tried I didn't like and I have never seen to a Trader Joes.

GV crunchy peanut butter is LOADED with chips of nuts. I love that. It quells the taste for other nuts which are too expensive for me. I like that. I like to save money on groceries so I have it when I want the pricey stuff, online or elsewhere. :D

I like Trader Joe's - there is one in my neighborhood, which is quite convenient.

Forum List

Back