Wall Street Surges As Workers Lose Their Jobs and Their Homes

I honestly don't know. It certainly won't be either of the main 2. I'm leaning towards Barr, because his platform is in line with mine, but I'm wary of whether of not I can trust him.

I'll probably vote for him because I'd like to see the LP finish high in the election, and send a message to the establishment that we WILL challenge the 2 party stranglehold. I'd rather be a part of something like that, which could lead to REAL change, then vote for a lesser of two evils. I'm not even sure either of the 2 main candidates are any more evil than the other one. They suck equally as bad, as far as I'm concerned.

According to an affidavit filed by Barr's second wife Gail Barr, Bob Barr paid for and did not object to her having an abortion in 1983.

http://www.tylwythteg.com/enemies/Barr/barr1.html

Check this out.

Barr and others claim that homosexual marriage is a threat to "traditional" heterosexual marriages like his own. Problem is....long before the gay rights movement gained momentum, Barr was on his third marriage.

"He told me that the campaign would take my mind off my health problems," states the former Mrs. Barr in a sworn affidavit. "He never went to the chemotherapy treatments with me. He never tried to understand what I was going through. He was not there for me when I needed him."

DID BOB BARR TAKE ILLEGAL CAMPAIGN MONEY?

Bob was also tied to the Council of Conservative Citizens (CCC), a white-supremacist racist group that preaches "integration is genocide."

Bob Barr (R-Geor.) has never met a gun he didn't like.

Today, Barr proclaims that he is qualified to know that Clinton is at fault because he used to serve as a United States attorney, where he prosecuted many cases. The records show, however, that Barr never tried a case

It is alleged that Rep. Barr consistently defamed and slandered anyone who gets in his way, or as in the case of the Religion of Wicca, he attacked it, making political points with his Far Right conservative constituency.

I honestly don't know. It certainly won't be either of the main 2. I'm leaning towards Barr, because his platform is in line with mine, but I'm wary of whether of not I can trust him.

I'll probably vote for him because I'd like to see the LP finish high in the election, and send a message to the establishment that we WILL challenge the 2 party stranglehold. I'd rather be a part of something like that, which could lead to REAL change, then vote for a lesser of two evils. I'm not even sure either of the 2 main candidates are any more evil than the other one. They suck equally as bad, as far as I'm concerned.

Now I see why Bob Barr is running. He can't stand the idea of Obama being the president.

In 1998, Barr gave the keynote speech at the national convention of the Council of Conservative Citizens; a hate group that routinely denigrated blacks as "genetically inferior," complained about "Jewish power brokers," called homosexuals "perverted sodomites," and accused immigrants of turning America into a "slimy brown mass of glop."

Council of Conservative Citizens (CCC) was a mystery to most Americans until 1998. Late that year, a scandal erupted over prominent Southern politicians' ties to the brazenly racist group.
At first, even the politicians in question claimed they didn't know what this Council was all about. Sen. Trent Lott of Mississippi, who had spoken to the group five times, once telling its members they "stand for the right principles and the right philosophy," claimed he had "no firsthand knowledge" of it.
Congressman Bob Barr of Georgia, who touched off the brouhaha by delivering a keynote speech at the CCC's national convention in June 1998, said he had "no idea" what the organization stood for.

SPLCenter.org: Communing with the Council

Could be next month, could be next year, could be next decade. Could be the next generation that has to deal with it, even. I'd say that uncertainty is enough to say ENOUGH. We're mortgaging our children's future so that today's investors can keep a smile on their face, and this election can go smoothly. It's bullshit. It's not how a responsible society works, as far as I'm concerned. My boy is about to turn 1, and I want to see him grow up prosperously. I don't want to see him have to take the brunt of the mess. I'd rather take it now, in lieu of him taking it. And I'm basically speaking in terms of ALL children. They have no say in this, but we do. Instead of us taking responsibility for our fuck ups, we're sending them down the line to our children who had absolutely nothing to do with the mess we're in.

My son is 18. I hear ya', Bro.

Not necessarily. There are a few people who are coming from NOWHERE right now, with an opportunity to win some key seats around the country.
A man by the name of BJ Lawson who's running for US Congress out of NC, is a good example. And there are others this year, as well. Many with a good chance of winning. And then there's always the fact that regardless of whether we run for office, we still have a LOT of power that we simply refuse to exercise.

Yup, there's always good people out there, some of them even attain high office, too.

Listen bro, I like you around here. You seem knowledgable, and willing to learn something new besides your pet beliefs.

Nice of you to say that.

But you seem so defeatist, and it's a downer.

This is what comes of having paid attention and having been involved in this ongoing decline for the last 40 years, I suppose. Telling people what you already know doesn't work just depresses them.

I think you're confuse recognizing the complexity of the problem for being a defeatist, but that's okay. I am not offended.

No one understands the difficulty in taking on the system more than I, so to speak, but I will never let that ruin my resolve.

Bully for you, but a lot of people know the difficulty better than you probably do now.

That's exactly how I started out, too and I won a few battles that I like to think make a difference.

And FWIW, I'll probably win a few more, too, before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

You think I'm a defeatist based on what I write here?

You really think the man who created a system to tap the resources of this idealistic international organization of international volunteers feels defeated?

www.childrensbooksonline.org/volunteers.htm

I have absolute faith that MOST people in the world (conservative or liberal) want the good thing to happen to our nation and our world.

But they need someplace to be able to make that difference, and politics is probably not the place it's gonna happen if we keep the systems we have, now, in place.

Keep the faith, and don't confuse the bearer of unhappy tidings for the cause of them.

The glass isn't half full, the glass isn't half empty.

The state of the glass is whatever the state of the glass is, comrade, and my attitude or yours has doodle-squat to do with it.

Until you can look at that glass clearly, you can never change it.

I don't trust Barr. He's a hypocrite. Went after Clinton from day one and ended up having his own mistress.

I don't know why you don't like Obama. I really don't see it. The rest of the world likes him.
No, the rest of the world does not like him. I certainly do not. I would characterize my situation as being a conservative for which a conservative candidate is unavailable in this election. There are a lot of people like me. But Obama certainly will not be getting my vote.

Brian

I'm telling you, and I'm not a market expert mind you, something is WRONG. There's no Earthly reason for the market to be doing as well as it is right now. Whether you actually think it's doing "well" or not. It's doing WAY better than it SHOULD be doing.

The PPT is manipulating the index futures. I mean, it's either that, or the majority of investors are just plain RETARDED. Why would ANYONE be in the Dollar right now? It should probably be even lower than it already IS, and the Dow should CERTAINLY be below 10,000. I can't figure it out, but I'm not breaking script.
I do not think the PPT was involved in the latest bear market bounce. I think it was the absence of shorts in the market as well as the short covering that occurred recently (in conjunction with the announcement from the SEC). While the SEC was attempting to limit (artificially) shorting of the financials, this fear spread to other sectors and has served as a prop to the equity markets in general.

I'm staying out of the Dollar, because there's simply nowhere for it to go but DOWN.
Sure there is. We could have a deflationary depression and you would see the Dollar strengthen.

Brian

My reasons for not liking Obama have nothing to do with Islam or churches. I don't like him because he's a tax and spender. You say he won't raise taxes, but how will he afford all his spending? You do know he proposes an increase in capital gains taxes, right? Capital gains are realized in all economic classes, sealy. I'm middle class, and I invest. I don't have a ton of money, and I'd like to keep the returns I'm getting right now, rather than give them away for pet programs like our already failed welfare system.

I don't agree with most of his social ideas. I like his Iraq policy, but how can you be sure he will come through on that with all the investment Corporate America has in it? The corporate media is sucking his dick, but I'm supposed to believe he's REALLY going to stick it to all those corps that are benefitting from the occupation? Come on.

He's my polar opposite domestically, and I have a hard time trusting him on his foreign policy. I don't believe we need to be invading Pakistan, either. And that's about the only part of his foreign policy i DO believe he'll come through on, because of the implications it would have on Corporate America, particularly the military-industrial complex.

The guy's got establishment written all over his face.

The fact is I don't see ANY candidate running for president that I actually TRUELY LIKE. Ron Paul was that guy, but he's out of it. I was going to write him in, but I don't think my state has write-ins on the ballot.

I may just choose not to vote at all, in which case I'll probably go down to my precinct and write Paul in anyway. It'll probably be a decision I make on my way to the poll, unless something significant happens between now and then.

Damn good points. I love how Bobo says we should like Obama because "the rest of the world does" to rich :D

I do not think the PPT was involved in the latest bear market bounce. I think it was the absence of shorts in the market as well as the short covering that occurred recently (in conjunction with the announcement from the SEC). While the SEC was attempting to limit (artificially) shorting of the financials, this fear spread to other sectors and has served as a prop to the equity markets in general.

Sure there is. We could have a deflationary depression and you would see the Dollar strengthen.

Brian

You really think the (lack of) shorting is keeping the DOW over 11,000 in the midst of all this economic turmoil? I'm struggling to figure out why the DOW hit the 7,000's in '02, but it won't break 10,000 today. It couldn't just be the rate increases at the time, could it?

I understand your point about a deflationary depression, though. Sadly, that's probably the ONLY thing that would strengthen the Dollar, short of a complete political overhaul.

No, the rest of the world does not like him. I certainly do not. I would characterize my situation as being a conservative for which a conservative candidate is unavailable in this election. There are a lot of people like me. But Obama certainly will not be getting my vote.

Brian

Bush, Delay, Boehnner & McCain didn't ruin the country all by themselves. The entire GOP went along with their plans over the last 8 years. I wonder if there are any conservatives left in Washington.

Brian

Yes the rest of the world does like him. Better than Bush anyways. Better than McCain.

Bush, Delay, Boehnner & McCain didn't ruin the country all by themselves. The entire GOP went along with their plans over the last 8 years. I wonder if there are any conservatives left in Washington.
There are a few, but not many.

And the Democrats have certainly played an equal part in all of this mess. And it is a mess that has evolved for several decades now, not just the last eight years.

Brian

I love it how you lost conservatives will try to make it a negative because the rest of the world likes him. Schmucks.

the "rest of the world" doesn't have to immediately feel the effects of his domestic policies. We do. In fact, most people HERE don't even understand what the adverse effects would be, let alone foreigners.

I'm not sure why what "the rest of the world" thinks should have any impact on how Americans vote.

I love it how you lost conservatives will try to make it a negative because the rest of the world likes him. Schmucks.

Who said it was negative. I just think it is hardly a good reason to like him. Of course I know you can't make any decisions of your own, and just follow the sheep.

Ok call me more names now.

Forum List

Back