Walker cuts $300 million from university budget then gives $200 million to the NBA

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Shows where his priorities are

Scott Walker Takes A National Risk With State Education Cuts - NBC News

His proposed $300 million cut to the University of Wisconsin system, however, could be more problematic for Walker. At home, it's highly controversial, receiving aggressive opposition from the students of the 26 two- and four-year universities and their 39,000 employees. Nationally, it is sure to be scrutinized and quite probably turned into an aggressive line of attack against the governor

In the same budget proposal, Walker nearly cancels out his university cuts with a $220 million grant to build a new NBA stadium for the Milwaukee Bucks, another component receiving initial opposition in the state even though Walker pledges that the state will make its money back.
Deace said Walker is handing free red meat over to the Democrats.
"If I'm a Democrat, my first commercial is Walker cuts $300 million to education but gives $200 million to the NBA," Deace said. "I don't understand who tells these guys that's a winning message."

That works out to $1650 for every university student to give to a Basketball team

What do you expect from a college dropout?

Again the university asked Walker to make those cuts, don't you feel like an idiot now for starting this thread?

The faculty at the largest school in the state, UW-Madison, has already unanimously passed a resolution saying the cuts will "diminish the quality, breadth and access to education for Wisconsin residents," and Chancellor Rebecca Blank called the cuts "too large for the system to absorb."

But at least the Basketball team will have luxury boxes

That works out to $1650 for every university student to give to a Basketball team

What do you expect from a college dropout?

Again the university asked Walker to make those cuts, don't you feel like an idiot now for starting this thread?

The faculty at the largest school in the state, UW-Madison, has already unanimously passed a resolution saying the cuts will "diminish the quality, breadth and access to education for Wisconsin residents," and Chancellor Rebecca Blank called the cuts "too large for the system to absorb."

An NBA stadium will bring millions to the city. That's why Los Angeles wants to build an NFL stadium and we don't even have a team to play there.

Shows where his priorities are

Scott Walker Takes A National Risk With State Education Cuts - NBC News

His proposed $300 million cut to the University of Wisconsin system, however, could be more problematic for Walker. At home, it's highly controversial, receiving aggressive opposition from the students of the 26 two- and four-year universities and their 39,000 employees. Nationally, it is sure to be scrutinized and quite probably turned into an aggressive line of attack against the governor

In the same budget proposal, Walker nearly cancels out his university cuts with a $220 million grant to build a new NBA stadium for the Milwaukee Bucks, another component receiving initial opposition in the state even though Walker pledges that the state will make its money back.
Deace said Walker is handing free red meat over to the Democrats.
"If I'm a Democrat, my first commercial is Walker cuts $300 million to education but gives $200 million to the NBA," Deace said. "I don't understand who tells these guys that's a winning message."

"Politics" ----- "Favoritism" ------ "Self-Service" ------ "Kick-Backs" ------ "Once A Crook, Always A Crook"

Taking from the NBA would be unfair because all that would do is punish the rich guys.

But taking from the students tho....Now theres an idea we can all rally around

An NBA stadium will bring millions to the city.

If You Build It They Might Not Come The Risky Economics of Sports Stadiums - The Atlantic

Overall, Glendale is not only on the hook for $15 million per year over two decades to a potential Coyotes owner, but also a $12 million annual debt payment for construction of its arena. In return, according to the Republic, the city receives a measly "$2.2 million in annual rent payments, ticket surcharges, sales taxes and other fees." Even if the Coyotes were to dominate the league like no other in recent memory and return to the Stanley Cup Finals year after year, the city would still lose $9 million annually.

Do the people of Wisconsin like basketball that much more than higher education, or is this just another example of Republican's fear of education?

An NBA stadium will bring millions to the city. That's why Los Angeles wants to build an NFL stadium and we don't even have a team to play there.

Let the NBA pay for its own stadiums if it makes that much money

Taking from the NBA would be unfair because all that would do is punish the rich guys.

But taking from the students tho....Now theres an idea we can all rally around

I think the students will understand the need for luxury boxes

Forum List

Back