U of Arizona is $240 MILLION in the hole due to "accounting error".

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
There may be layoffs, scholarship and aid cuts as well as some sports teams axed. Why? The U of Az leadership has been very vague about the gross miscalculation. "Accounting Error" is the official excuse but this statement from President Robbins in translated from typical Libspeak sounds like
"We spent for Woke, and we went broke
":

"There were about 80 or so initiatives in this strategic plan," Robbins said. "Over half of them were focused on supporting students and helping them to, as I say, realize their hopes and dreams, so they can go out and make the world a better place."

There may be layoffs, scholarship and aid cuts as well as some sports teams axed. Why? The U of Az leadership has been very vague about the gross miscalculation. "Accounting Error" is the official excuse but this statement from President Robbins in translated from typical Libspeak sounds like
":

"There were about 80 or so initiatives in this strategic plan," Robbins said. "Over half of them were focused on supporting students and helping them to, as I say, realize their hopes and dreams, so they can go out and make the world a better place."

Any chance they will shut down their football team?

Yeah...I know...be serious Candy.

Apparently not...in case you haven't heard they are like 240M in the hole.
While I understand and agree with your general sentiment, football does generate positive income - the alums LOVE it.

That money is then used for Title IX sports I really care about, though we need hella more women's rugby. :)

That's probably their only source of profit. Wokester thinking would dictate to shut it down, crazy as that is.
If football did generate money, a place like Ohio State, Michigan, UT, etc.. would have free tuition by now...how many (allegedly) hundreds of millions of dollars has that program pulled in in the last 50 years?

But no...the tuition has only risen year after year. Fees, books, housing, etc... all up.

If football did generate money, a place like Ohio State, Michigan, UT, etc.. would have free tuition by now...how many (allegedly) hundreds of millions of dollars has that program pulled in in the last 50 years?

But no...the tuition has only risen year after year. Fees, books, housing, etc... all up.
Football players and a lot of other athletes do receive free education from the proceeds of the football program. The reason tuition has risen for everyone else is because the Democrat party keeps throwing money into the system to buy teachers union and professors loyalty. It's working. Back to MAGA

Football players and a lot of other athletes do receive free education from the proceeds of the football program.
Well, good for them. LOL
The reason tuition has risen for everyone else is because the Democrat party keeps throwing money into the system to buy teachers union and professors loyalty. It's working. Back to MAGA
Really? UT is being victimized by the Democrats? Any proof that the Democratic party in Texas is doing this or are you just pulling it out of your ass like you do everything else?

":

Don't you just hate it when you lose a receipt or two or three or four?

Apparently not...in case you haven't heard they are like 240M in the hole.
Because of the mismanagement by the university’s leadership. Football programs at a major university generates tens of millions in revenues.

The money generated by football programs fund the lesser watched sports and most female athletic teams.

Because of the mismanagement by the university’s leadership.
Meanwhile back in reality, A&M is paying a coach who is not coaching $70+M out of the taxpayers pocket because he didn’t win enough football games.
Football programs at a major university generates tens of millions in revenues.
And the money hasn’t lowered the tuition for the students. So why again is it there?
The money generated by football programs fund the lesser watched sports and most female athletic teams.
Gee..it should probably benefit the citizens of the state; not fund “lesser” sports.

":

That is roughly { $ 240 Billion } what Trump maintains when
interviewed by Hugh Hewitt that the Biden Adm has enabled
Iran to amass.And that's since Trump left office.Trump
left Iran bankrupt.

That is roughly { $ 240 Billion } what Trump maintains when
interviewed by Hugh Hewitt that the Biden Adm has enabled
Iran to amass.And that's since Trump left office.Trump
left Iran bankrupt.
That wouldn't surprise me, Biden is Obama 2.0 basically. However you may have the wrong thread for this subject.

That wouldn't surprise me, Biden is Obama 2.0 basically. However you may have the wrong thread for this subject.
That was from this mornings Hugh Hewitt talk radio show
from 6 am - 9 am.I think it may have been recorded.
But it was a rather recent Trump interview.
I think Trump said Iran didn't have " peanuts " when he was
Potus.It makes sense that College Football is a huge revenue
plus for most College.But I'd say NCAA College basketball is even
a Bigger Revenue maker.

Meanwhile back in reality, A&M is paying a coach who is not coaching $70+M out of the taxpayers pocket because he didn’t win enough football games.

And the money hasn’t lowered the tuition for the students. So why again is it there?

Gee..it should probably benefit the citizens of the state; not fund “lesser” sports.
You’re just not a smart person.

Forum List

Back