Waiting For The New Purchase To Arrive.

Ordered a new Pietta 1860 Colt Army, should be here this week.

RH0705.JPG

Next month I'm seriously considering a replica (Uberti) 1866 Winchester Yellow Boy chambered in 44-40.

1866-yellowboy-carbine-rifle.png

And I'm sorta considering a 1760 Tulle Fusil de Chasse. It's a kit from Track of the Wolf, the French voyager gun which was used extensively up through the Rev War. One of the precursors to our Kentucky/Pennsylvania long rifle.

french-tulle-fusil-de-chasse-42-parts-list_1.jpg

And finally I might pick up a 1858 Remington Revolving Carbine (Uberti made reproduction).

remington%20revolving.jpg
Non-corrosive BP substitutes make them fun to shoot, too.

Get yourself a Henry Mare's Leg....classified as a handgun, it is a Henry lever action rifle with a short stock and a 13" barrel.

I shoot mine one handed.

RH0705.JPG

Next month I'm seriously considering a replica (Uberti) 1866 Winchester Yellow Boy chambered in 44-40.

And I'm sorta considering a 1760 Tulle Fusil de Chasse. It's a kit from Track of the Wolf, the French voyager gun which was used extensively up through the Rev War. One of the precursors to our Kentucky/Pennsylvania long rifle.

And finally I might pick up a 1858 Remington Revolving Carbine (Uberti made reproduction).

Being a historical purist, I do living history and reenacting, I use real black powder then thoroughly clean my firearms.

I ordered the Tulle kit, they are soldering the lugs and sight for me and all I have to do is the fit the hardware, do a little sanding on the stock and stain/seal the stock.

Amazingly the Tulle kit arrived today, was told they had to make more stocks and I wouldn't get it until the middle of January. He must have sent it out with the first stock made. When I opened it I was very surprised and pretty freaked out, it appears there's a ton of work I have to do to put it together, seriously considered returning it but after finding a series of videos by someone making a similar kit I realized while there is some difficulty I can do this. Besides when I'm done I'll have an authentic reproduction and not some historically incorrect mass made piece of junk.

Finally got to really working on it about a month ago, taking it very slowly. I have the barrel and the lock inletted now I need to pin the barrel in place. I've been cutting the gates off the metal pieces, grinding, filing and sanding the metal and getting ready to fit the trigger.
Later I'll fit the ramrod furrules, side plate, trigger guard and butt plate once I've shaved the stock down to a more appropriate size.

In the mean time, between working on the flinter and tailoring an 1870s - 80s outfit for myself I'm also refinishing an old CVA 12 gage muzzelloading SXS. Will be removing the bluing, filing off the CVA stamps and the bull shit modern "engraving" on the rest of the metal parts.
Will most likely end up browning all the metal though I'm not sure whether I want to refinish the stock or not, we'll see.

RH0705.JPG

Being a historical purist, I do living history and reenacting, I use real black powder then thoroughly clean my firearms.
You kinda have to after shooting black powder...

In the mean time, between working on the flinter and tailoring an 1870s - 80s outfit for myself I'm also refinishing an old CVA 12 gage muzzelloading SXS. Will be removing the bluing, filing off the CVA stamps and the bull shit modern "engraving" on the rest of the metal parts.
Will most likely end up browning all the metal though I'm not sure whether I want to refinish the stock or not, we'll see.
I'll give you a stick of hickory...

RH0705.JPG

You kinda have to after shooting black powder...
Cleaning black powder fouling is easy, messy but easy.

The inletted lock and barrel on the Tulle.

DSC_0304.JPG

The parts above it are for the CVA side by side I've decided to refinish.

RH0705.JPG

Love the Colt.

How are the projects coming? I am really interested in the CVA.
I have the cheesy "engraving" filed off both hammers, the rear tang and one of the lock plates, almost completely filed off the other lock plate. Gonna soak the barrels in vinegar to remove the bluing then probably brown the barrels. I have to strip the poly off the stock, sand it down then refinish it with Tru Oil or Teak oil. I'm also looking at manufacturing a steel butt plate for it.

Forum List

Back