Wait until November.......

I feel the need to post in this thread, just so I can find it in November, and make fun of everyone like CF who are predicting 100 seat loses for the Dems.

November will be politics as usual. Most incumbents will win, just like always. The republicans will pick up seats in both the Senate and the House, but not enough to take a majority in either.

No revolution is brewing.

^ That.
^ Is totally out of touch with what has been happening the last year.

It's understandable they'd feel that way...

I would too if I thought the passage of the bloated healthcare bill was widely popular, that 1 out of 10 people unemployed was Bush's fault, and that increased numbers of foreclosures and bankruptcies were "acceptable losses"...

I'd feel that way too if I ignored all indications that America was not buying Barry's bullshit anymore...

Dems lose 30-50 seats in the House and 4-6 seats in the Senate. The economy is getting better, jobs are being created, and people will start feeling somewhat better, so there will be less impetuous to throw the bums out.
Jobs are being created where?

The unemployed roll grows each month.

The economy hasn't gotten better, wall street made money as many firms laid off workers.

You think the anger over the 670 billion in tax increases in Barycare alone is just going to blow over?

The last jobs survey had nearly 200k nonfarm payrolls added, most of which were in the private sector, and something like 400k were added in the household survey.

Do I think its going to blow over? No, that's why I think the Dems are going to lose a lot of seats. I just don't think they're going to lose as many as you think.

Arguing about this is rather pointless, isn't it? You have your opinion, I have mine.

I value my opinion much more than yours, just as I'm sure you value your opinion over mine.

We'll see who's right in November.
Ever seen a political climate like this?

Ever seen a potus this devisive?

Ever seen non democrats protest?

Ever see a GoP candidate win in not one but two solid blue states?

Ever see a bill as unpopular as Barrycare is?

You are not being serious if you think this election cycle will be politics as usual.

I don't think its any different than what happened under Bush. The only differences are that the Right is on the receiving end so they all think the same things the Left thought for eight years, and there are more on the Right than the Left, which means there will be a bigger impact at the polls.

You are thinking and internalizing what the Left thought for eight years.

^ And that.

Arguing about this is rather pointless, isn't it? You have your opinion, I have mine.

I value my opinion much more than yours, just as I'm sure you value your opinion over mine.

You are not being serious if you think this election cycle will be politics as usual.

I don't think its any different than what happened under Bush. The only differences are that the Right is on the receiving end so they all think the same things the Left thought for eight years, and there are more on the Right than the Left, which means there will be a bigger impact at the polls.

Think again.

And closely observe what moderates now think of Barry and the dems.

The left will vote Dem, the right will vote GoP.

The moderates will swing as they see fit, and right now they are damn made at obama for a year of wild spending, ignoring teh public, a healthcare bill disaster and a trillion dollar fraud laughingly called 'the stimulous.'

The Dems set up a perfect storm of disaster for themselves, and now I have to laugh at the people that believe it will be politics as usual or 'what, me worry?' comments.

And even if by a miracle the dems survive 2010, this fight won't end, it will go on into 2012 and beyound.

In the end as people's wallets keep getting hammered from Obama's polices the result will be almost automatic.

^ And that.
Is unrealistic.

^ Is totally out of touch with what has been happening the last year.

Yes.

Yes, did you forget about GWB?

No, actually. I made that point in another thread. But the tea parties are nowhere near the size of the anti-iraq war protests in 2003.

Yes. And in NY, a district that has NEVER gone Democrat did. Anomalies happen, you're reading too much into it.

You mean 45% approval? Yes, I've seen plenty.

As I said, I have my opinion, and you have yours.

I've been working in politics for years, and this is what I do for a living - predicting trends and reacting to them. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

We'll see in November.

BTW, the anger is on the Right. It is not in the center, nor on the Left.
You couldn't be more wrong.

The right doesn't vote in Mass, remember who won.

Also bear in mind who won in NJ.

People don't like being lied to, and the moderates feel they were bullshited bigtime.

Name it

No, but it wasn't like this, moderates wern't protesting Bush.

No, actually. I made that point in another thread. But the tea parties are nowhere near the size of the anti-iraq war protests in 2003.
Foriegn policy never has the effect domestic policy has in elections.

Yes. And in NY, a district that has NEVER gone Democrat did. Anomalies happen, you're reading too much into it.
the GoP candidate split the vote.

Name them.

I've been working in politics for years, and this is what I do for a living - predicting trends and reacting to them. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

We'll see in November.
yes, we will.

^ And that.
Is unrealistic.

It's the epitome of realistic.

The hard right is throwing a bitch fit right now that is akin to the bitch fit the hard left throw over Bush.

The fact that you guys delude yourselves into thinking that the teabag movement is the massive ground swell of moderates isn't supported by the numbers that show the majority of teabaggers are conservatives (shocker).

I think most moderates have a wait and see attitude. The political climate as close as one month before the election could very well decide how it goes.

To propose that Obama is more divisive than Bush is completely devoid of reality.

But get back to us when Obama's numbers hit the 25% range.

Yes.

We'll see in November.

Great post.

The fact that you guys delude yourselves into thinking that the teabag movement
There is no 'teabag' movement shiteater, do you need it tatooed on your forehead before you get that?

The people that like to go out and protest and act like they are a grass-roots movement, when in reality, they are typical dyed-in-the-wool GOP voters aren't teabaggers?

What are they? Do you prefer the more refined "Tea Party Movement"?

You couldn't be more wrong.

The right doesn't vote in Mass, remember who won.

Also bear in mind who won in NJ.

People don't like being lied to, and the moderates feel they were bullshited bigtime.

A moderate won in Mass and a moderate beat a very unpopular governor in NJ, both elections held at the very depth of the recession in the heart of a wrenching healthcare debate. Healthcare will be off the front pages in November and the economy will be getting better.

The polling data does not show the same animosity in the middle as it does on the Right. That does not mean the middle is going to flock to the Dems - the Dems have lost ground in the middle and they will lose a lot of seats. But the dynamics are going to be different in six months.

Of course, the Democrats aren't exactly known for ruthless efficiency. It is perfectly within them to do something remarkably stupid - cap and trade, for instance. But Republicans standing up for Wall Street and big banks, as they are now in blocking financial reform, isn't a winning combination either.

The people that like to go out and protest and act like they are a grass-roots movement, when in reality, they are typical dyed-in-the-wool GOP voters aren't teabaggers?
Actualy a typical 'teabagger' would be you shiteater.

What are they? Do you prefer the more refined "Tea Party Movement"?
I told you this from the start, if you keep up the insults you getting them right back.

Its up to you whether it goes on, but you are delussional if you think you can have a civil discussion when you keep tossing out the same insult over and over again.

Exactly.
Exactly wrong.

Show me where the anger is in the middle Xen, because I have not seen any evidence of it. Point to something other than anecdotes.

What you are seeing, or at least what I have seen, in the middle is disappointment with the Dems. But disappointment is much different than anger. People don't think clearly when they are angry.

Forum List

Back