Wagner group surrenders to putin?

This always had the stench of a distraction...What's the other hand doing, or not doing, today?
It appears the wagner group chickened out....he may have missed a great opportunity....I think that if he had continued his approach on moscow he may have gotten a lot of support from the russian people as well as from Russian Soldiers who hated the war as well as putin.
b
Very discouraging to hear this.....yet still a lot of confusion there....it will be some time before what is going on can be adequately and accurately reported....still interesting times.

Even if the rebellion fizzles....overall Russia has been further weakend....if Ukraine manages to break out with their counter-offensive and drive the russians out....it should encourage more resistance to putin.

No, the Wagner group didn't chicken out. Prigozhin already knew within a couple of hours that he talked himself into getting his bullet if he didn't try to repair the damage he's done.

2. As with the last blowup by Prigozhin, he's suffered some serious losses to the Ukrainians and he's needed to deflect his failure away from it being his own responsibility.

But Prigozhin may have stepped too far out of bounds this time?\

It depends on whether Putin wants to serve up the bulletl at a time when he's useful to the cause of Russia's war against America?

It appears the wagner group chickened out....he may have missed a great opportunity....I think that if he had continued his approach on moscow he may have gotten a lot of support from the russian people as well as from Russian Soldiers who hated the war as well as putin.
No and obviously not, but you need to eat your crow now before starting more duplicat threads on the same topic.

The Wagner group leader ordered his troops to stop and return to Ukraine. I was getting ready to set up my cellar as a blast shelter.
Not sure if the danger is really over yet but certainly something has changed in the internal affairs of Russia.

Jo

Prig got the General that attacked him fired and a shot pot of money from Putin

That’s what this was all about BUT Putin’s gotta be pissed. I’d stay away from upper floor windows and watch who’s making the borscht if I were him

It appears the hope for a Russian Revolution was founded on hyperbole.

Prigozhin, whether he succeeded or not, is no hero. He's a brutal mercenary. While the idea of Putin being deposed is certainly a good thing overall, it's not a given that this guy taking control would have been a better outcome in the long run.

Prigozhin, whether he succeeded or not, is no hero. He's a brutal mercenary. While the idea of Putin being deposed is certainly a good thing overall, it's not a given that this guy taking control would have been a better outcome in the long run.

Wagner PMC ‘armed coup’ attempt in Russia: All the latest news​

Complete story available at RT.com. Including move made by Biden.

I was afraid it was going to be a nothing burger.

Probably they needed the support of the Russian Army and they were not getting it at the level that would assure success so they decided to quit before it got past the point where they couldn't.

Oh well, it took 25K Russians out of the fight in Ukraine and showed significant discourse within the military ranks so that is a good thing.

A part of me thought this was some kind of a high-level psychological operation by Russia to throw off Ukraine?

Forum List

Back