Wages at Golden Corral $2.13 an hour

I haven't seen a busboy in a long time.....I don't think busboys clear the tables anymore..The waitress/waiter IS the busboy today.

More importantly you are missing the entire point. America isn't tipping much if at all because the middle class is broke. Watch some documentaries. The richest people in the world don't tip the people that work for them. Park Avenue style..

^^^^^^get out of the house more^^^^^^^^

I know many waitress's / waiters that would fall down laughing at this post

I have no doubt you know many waiters/waitresses. You win that debate.

Oh I do, which means I have actual knowledge on the subject, and yes I did win. Thanks for the admission. :cuckoo:

Dumb fuck, idiot. That's how an intellectual con thinks he wins an argument. Your mommy is calling you.

and you think you win by avoiding all the questions that have been asked you.....now answer Pops question or go back to doing what you do best.....running from threads.....

Sorry, I tend to ignore morons, especially when they ask questions they already know the answer to. Both of you know I tipped him twice his hourly wage. You both also know it's cons that are stingy. They would even deny grandma her meds, and take food from children. It doesn't get any lower than you guys.

Cheapskate.

That's considerably less than 20% of your frugal dinner bill.

And who tips based on wage....you just can't dig yourself outta this hole. Give up already

and you think you win by avoiding all the questions that have been asked you.....now answer Pops question or go back to doing what you do best.....running from threads.....

Sorry, I tend to ignore morons, especially when they ask questions they already know the answer to. Both of you know I tipped him twice his hourly wage. You both also know it's cons that are stingy. They would even deny grandma her meds, and take food from children. It doesn't get any lower than you guys.

Cheapskate.

And who tips based on wage....you just can't dig yourself outta this hole. Give up already

You take food from children, deny grandma her meds, and say I should just give up. Sad that you have to look up to a snail.

Cheapskate.

You take food from children, deny grandma her meds, and say I should just give up. Sad that you have to look up to a snail.

Cheapskate :lol:

Cheapskate.

So now that he's been exposed as a liar, he immediately tries to divert the conversation to the standard partisan talking points.

That's usually a good sign.

:laugh:

Cheapskate.

So now that he's been exposed as a liar, he immediately tries to divert the conversation to the standard partisan talking points.

That's usually a good sign.

:laugh:

By under tipping he's actually doing the same thing he accuses cons of doing?

Very cool hangover

Dumb fuck, idiot. That's how an intellectual con thinks he wins an argument. Your mommy is calling you.

You tipped him $4!?!?! Damn, I bet he is still down on his knees thanking you.

EVEN WHEN there were bus boys, the waiters/waitresses gave them a part of their tips. So yea, indirectly, bus boys made tips.

KNOWING THAT the person that use to get minimum wage......has become obsolete because big money turned that into the job of the Waiter/Waitress who makes less than $3 on average................

So the person that use to make Minimum wage is gone and the Waiter/Waitress now takes over that duty but now does what they use to do and the job of a Minimum wage worker yet still get paid under $3?

No one can be this uneducated except for TheDude.

That depends on the restaurant policy, something anyone over the age of 14 knows.

By the way, fuckwad, federal law still requires restaurants to make sure servers get minimum wage when they factor in tips. I guess that makes you even dumber than you think everyone else is.

Another playground intellectual, with his fancy vocabulary. Whoa! You're arguing they get minimum wage, like that's enough to live on. Your karma is coming. Remember I told you so.

I am not the one that eats at Golden Coral and then stiffs them on the tip, am I?

My generosity is not his hourly wage.
Ummm.... yeah it is. That is how tips work, his hourly wage is base + tips.

Can I assume you'd be equally distressed about servers at high end restaurants that have a base wage of $2.13 yet make 60k+ annually?

Waitress/waiters work at restaurants that bring your food to you. At Golden Corral, it's a buffet, you get your own food. Bus persons come by and collect your plates.
And refill your coffee cup or water or soda glass and such... they probably provide about 40-50% of the level of service that one would expect in a non-buffet restaurant...

In most buffets I have been to, you get your own drinks...having said that, never been to a Golden Corral. (There are none in this area.)

I don't think I've ever seen a buffet where you get your own drinks. Food, yes. Drinks are usually provided by the servers.

You've got it all backwards.

Are you a server? Good ones can make far more than minimum wage

Work in a restaurant here and you are likely to be paid more than the average minimum.

Again, no tips required. Must suck to have to grovel for money, eh?

Must suck knowing you're not worth more, eh?

Personally, I'd hate to be like Noomi and go through life knowing my appearance and personality are so objectionable that working on any sort of commission - aka setting your own wage through your abilities and people skills - is impossible.

Work in a restaurant here and you are likely to be paid more than the average minimum.

Again, no tips required. Must suck to have to grovel for money, eh?

Must suck knowing you're not worth more, eh?

$18 an hour is better than what you Yanks get.

Not with your cost of living, it isn't. Of course, to be able to understand the difference, one would have to be . . . you know, smart and shit. :eusa_whistle:

Prove it.

Both of you know I tipped him twice his hourly wage.
So he's not making $2.13 an hour then.

Glad to have solved this thread as having a false premise right from your initial post, weird it took so many pages to do so.

My generosity is not his hourly wage.

Yes, actually, it is, because only cheapskate fuckwad leftists think tipping is "their generosity". Decent human beings understand the social structure and how it works and don't expect applause for behaving as they're supposed to (in this case, paying the commission for good service performed that tipping actually is).

Your tips are NOT someone's hourly wage. The wage he gets from his employer is his hourly wage. A tip is simply extra. A customer is not paying your wages, nor should they be expected to. The employer needs to ensure he is paying a decent wage to his/her employees, instead of expecting them to grovel to customers. If you want to grovel, go out on the street, stick a sign around your neck, and let people throw you a few coins.

Your tips are NOT someone's hourly wage. The wage he gets from his employer is his hourly wage. A tip is simply extra. A customer is not paying your wages, nor should they be expected to. The employer needs to ensure he is paying a decent wage to his/her employees, instead of expecting them to grovel to customers. If you want to grovel, go out on the street, stick a sign around your neck, and let people throw you a few coins.

Customers ALWAYS pay someone's hourly wage.

Customers ALWAYS pay someone's hourly wage.

Not in the form of tips, they don't.

Forum List

Back