Waco Documentary on Netflix

I knew the guy who was shot on the roof.
The thing that always struck me as strange...there was a long investigation on Koresh and they knew his every move.
That being said they also knew Koresh was a frequent customer at the local hardware store so why didnt they arrest him there?
Why endanger all those women and children with a raid? Yeah Koresh and his followers were nuts but his followers were indoctrinated and didnt deserve to die.
Same shit with Ruby Ridge.
Because they didn't know what would happen if they took Koresh.
That would not necessarily lead to his nuthouse followers to give them selves up.
In fact, if you are informed on the story, you would know it would have likely resulted in no different outcome than what happened.
Koresh convinced his brainwashed followers that HE and only HE is their path to heaven. NOT doing what he said is a guarantied pathway to hell. They believed that with all their being.
Taking out their leader could have been equally disastrous.

Because they didn't know what would happen if they took Koresh.
That would not necessarily lead to his nuthouse followers to give them selves up.
In fact, if you are informed on the story, you would know it would have likely resulted in no different outcome than what happened.
Koresh convinced his brainwashed followers that HE and only HE is their path to heaven. NOT doing what he said is a guarantied pathway to hell. They believed that with all their being.
Taking out their leader could have been equally disastrous.

How do you know what would have happened?
You dont know and thats a fact. Seems to me they should have erred on the side of caution so they wouldnt put all the innocent children at risk.
Waco was an unmitigated disaster and a total fuck up.
It's not like they couldnt have grabbed Koresh and still raided the compound if it were necessary.
It was pretty obvious they didnt have surprise on their side since the Branch Davidians knew they were coming.

How do you know what would have happened?
You dont know and thats a fact. Seems to me they should have erred on the side of caution so they wouldnt put all the innocent children at risk.
Waco was an unmitigated disaster and a total fuck up.
It's not like they couldnt have grabbed Koresh and still raided the compound if it were necessary.
It was pretty obvious they didnt have surprise on their side since the Branch Davidians knew they were coming.
Uh... less coffee perhaps?
I never said I knew anything. That would be impossible.
All I am saying in a documentary about this, I remember one of the ATF folks saying this.
It was an all around screw up, but Janet Reno was in charge. And she obviously had a history of overreacting and using gestapo tatctics.

First and foremost the death of all of those people are directly on the backs of two individuals...
David Koresh #1
Janet Reno #2
First was none of this would have happened if Koresh wasn't a psychopath and a narcist with delusions of self grandeur. As a part of his desire to have complete control, he convinced all of his followers the world would come and destroy them and they needed to build their own army. That decision, sealed the doom for his followers.
Second, enter Janet Reno. Questionably a psychopath herself. She saw the ATF and the FBI as her own military arm. And would not hesitate to use violence and taking the lives of others to achieve what she wanted. On the first fateful day, ground commanders learned their raid was discovered and told Washington they were nixing the raid. Reno refused to stop and ordered them in anyway.
And the rest is history.

Forum List

Back