Voter ID

Might be easier to accomplish if the Rs would go with it.

They complain of voter fraud yet don’t want to issue free voter identification to all voters.
No argument from me. But... Umm... Two out of three branches... Might be able to do it without the Rs. I really don't think the DNC is all that different than the GOP.

I’m fine with it either way. Then again, I’m not someone who thinks voter fraud is as big of an issue as conservatives are arguing. I think our system is fine as is.

I would expect Republicans to be the ones adamantly pushing for something like this. If you guys want ID for in-person voting, then give everyone free ID cards. Pretty simple idea that even someone like me can get on board with.

I’ve never heard them push for it either. Seems like a pretty easy fix if they’re so concerned about voter fraud.

Won’t fix all of it but will help.
Eh... It's been pushed. It was said that it was only to disenfranchise minorities. If you actually go to the link, check out the map where no ID is required by state. It's really no wonder why Cali invites illegals.

Looks like much of the country does things differently regarding ID.

Maybe if we give everyone a free ID, it will change the way some countries voting policy.

The left wants to ensure that voting is easily done for everyone. The right wants to ensure that voter fraud is minimized. Seems like a simple compromise to me. Win win. Wish you guys would push it.

I’m fine with it either way. Then again, I’m not someone who thinks voter fraud is as big of an issue as conservatives are arguing. I think our system is fine as is.
I think it has to be addressed regardless. Perception matters just as much if not more than truth. You can't continue the "meddling elections" over and over.

I would expect Republicans to be the ones adamantly pushing for something like this. If you guys want ID for in-person voting, then give everyone free ID cards. Pretty simple idea that even someone like me can get on board with.
Eh... That actually depends on how the "Free" ID's work and how they are given out. For example if it's left up to the state, it's pointless and just a waste of money.

Maybe if we give everyone a free ID, it will change the way some countries voting policy.

The left wants to ensure that voting is easily done for everyone. The right wants to ensure that voter fraud is minimized. Seems like a simple compromise to me. Win win. Wish you guys would push it.
I already have... I'm an army of one though.

*ponders*

Unless .. . I guess I wish you guys would push it.

Edit: I just... Don't understand how you think you are making some kind of point here. As far as I can tell the GOP is the only party that has EVER pushed it in my lifetime. Now I'm not a Republican, but you are lumping me in with the GOP... Which, on this.. I kinda get because I agree with the GOP on this.

But shouldn't you be saying "I wish we would push it?"

I think it has to be addressed regardless. Perception matters just as much if not more than truth. You can't continue the "meddling elections" over and over.

Eh... That actually depends on how the "Free" ID's work and how they are given out. For example if it's left up to the state, it's pointless and just a waste of money.

Well my opinion is that the right is just going to bitch and whine about fraud regardless of what Is done.

So I’m not really interested in what their perception is. If they lose, they will claim fraud regardless.

Maybe that’s why I don’t really care either way.

Even if you give out the IDs, you will still find a way to complain about their distribution anyway. But I still think it’s a good idea that would reduce the conservative perception of fraud less than it should.

Last edited:

I already have... I'm an army of one though.

*ponders*

Unless .. . I guess I wish you guys would push it.

Edit: I just... Don't understand how you think you are making some kind of point here. As far as I can tell the GOP is the only party that has EVER pushed it in my lifetime. Now I'm not a Republican, but you are lumping me in with the GOP... Which, on this.. I kinda get because I agree with the GOP on this.

But shouldn't you be saying "I wish we would push it?"

I do wish we would push it but it’s not high on my priority list.

As I already explained, I think our election process is fine as it is. I don’t think fraud is as huge as conservatives make it out to be. I trust our process.

As I already explained, I think our election process is fine as it is. I don’t think fraud is as huge as conservatives make it out to be. I trust our process.
Conservatives? Just conservatives? You know what... I don't care. I disagree. I disagreed 8 years ago, I still disagree now.

Well my opinion is that the right is just going to bitch and whine about fraud regardless of what Is done.

So I’m not really interested in what their perception is. If they lose, they will claim fraud regardless.
Oh yeah... that didn't happen at all when Republicans won. That's the frustrating thing here... You just seem to have faulty memory. Only conservatives did that.

Even if you give out the IDs, you will still find a way to complain about their distribution anyway. But I still think it’s a good idea that would reduce the conservative perception of fraud less than it should.
I've posted the video so many times... I'll post it again. Remember.. 8 Years ago. Edit: Working hard on 9 years I think.

Conservatives? Just conservatives? You know what... I don't care. I disagree. I disagreed 8 years ago, I still disagree now.

Currently, yes. Conservatives. Conservatives are the ones complaining of voter fraud.

Four years ago, liberals were complaining of election interference.

I say we're just a country of whiners and we're going to whine when our candidate loses regardless of the additional steps taken. Not me. I trust our process regardless of who wins.

Oh yeah... that didn't happen at all when Republicans won. That's the frustrating thing here... You just seem to have faulty memory. Only conservatives did that.

I've posted the video so many times... I'll post it again. Remember.. 8 Years ago. Edit: Working hard on 9 years I think.

It goes both ways. Nation of whiners.

Currently, yes. Conservatives. Conservatives are the ones complaining of voter fraud.

I say we're just a country of whiners and we're going to whine when our candidate loses regardless of the additional steps taken.
That's fair.

Not me. I trust our process regardless of who wins.
I think that's crazy. But honestly... Unless we get away from the two party system, I don't think it matters if elections are fair or not. I only hope by making it more secure, that will help brake the two party system hold.

I say we're just a country of whiners and we're going to whine when our candidate loses regardless of the additional steps taken.
That's fair.

Not me. I trust our process regardless of who wins.
I think that's crazy. But honestly... Unless we get away from the two party system, I don't think it matters if elections are fair or not.

To each their own. I'm not big on the elaborate conspiracy theory stuff that people go for around here.

I think our system is fine and I think the vast majority of all that talk is just people being sore losers.

Let me give you an example. Conservatives are complaining that the election was rigged. Yet not one Republican House member who won is questioning their own re-election victory. Why is that? Same ballots, same voting machines. Trump's loss is due to fraud but their victory is legitimate?

Let's call it what it is. People are just full of shit. Most anyway. Not you, I know you've been consistent about this the whole time.

Let's call it what it is. People are just full of shit. Most anyway. Not you, I know you've been consistent about this the whole time.
But that doesn't mean people aren't full of shit. Yeah... Ok... I get it.

quote-surely-if-we-can-land-a-spaceship-on-mars-we-can-certainly-put-a-voter-id-card-in-the-andrew-young-32-33-54.jpg

If dems can cheat in the tens of millions column, why would they support a voter ID?
then surely everyone can get vaccinated

9x1b46k3xpg71.jpg

Forum List

Back