Virginia Forces Christian Ministries to Adopt 'Government Ideology' or Pay $100K

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
What the Democrats have in store nationally.

Three Christian schools and a Christian network of pregnancy centers are suing Attorney General Mark Herring (D-Va.) in order to prevent Virginia from implementing two pro-LGBT laws that force “people of faith to adopt a particular government ideology under threat of punishment.” The two laws purport to prevent “discrimination” against LGBT people but, in reality, they force Christian ministries to choose between violating their sincerely held religious beliefs or paying hefty fines, as much as $100,000 per offense.

Virginia Forces Christian Ministries to Adopt 'Government Ideology' or Pay $100K

If you look nationwide, the left is well on it's way to fundamentally Transforming America.

i think it's inevitable since all young people are indoctrinated into the Marxist, anti-American mind set, and the Old Guard dies off.
so, the clock is ticking on traditional America and the Constitution. There simply is not sufficient resistance.
California just successfully banned handguns essentially.
UnConstitutional RedFlag laws now allow anyone to take your guns.

I think our only chance to stay the execution temporarily is to get a strong conservative supreme court.
I gave up on the hilarious notion that "Patriots won't allow it".

Three Christian schools and a Christian network of pregnancy centers are suing Attorney General Mark Herring (D-Va.) in order to prevent Virginia from implementing two pro-LGBT laws that force “people of faith to adopt a particular government ideology under threat of punishment.” The two laws purport to prevent “discrimination” against LGBT people but, in reality, they force Christian ministries to choose between violating their sincerely held religious beliefs or paying hefty fines, as much as $100,000 per offense.

I don't remember Christ saying to treat people differently when it came to ministry.

I don't remember Christ saying to treat people differently when it came to ministry.
I don't remember Christ telling people to use government force to make other people accept as legitimate certain "sinful" behaviors.

If you can cite an example, I will change my mind.
jesuschrist1.jpg

I wonder why this amendment failed?

During a debate in the Virginia House of Delegates over an amendment to the Virginia Values Act that would have excluded “a religious corporation, association, society, or unincorporated house of worship” from the definition of public accommodations, Delegate Joshua Cole (D-28) asserted his view of Christianity as the correct one in opposing the amendment:

The baker in Colorado has taken no Religious Orders but is merely a member of the laity. He is not any form of Religious authority and is practicing in public accommodation on a for-profit basis.

I wonder why this amendment failed?

During a debate in the Virginia House of Delegates over an amendment to the Virginia Values Act that would have excluded “a religious corporation, association, society, or unincorporated house of worship” from the definition of public accommodations, Delegate Joshua Cole (D-28) asserted his view of Christianity as the correct one in opposing the amendment:

The baker in Colorado has taken no Religious Orders but is merely a member of the laity. He is not any form of Religious authority and is practicing in public accommodation on a for-profit basis.

Free exercise isn't limited to the clergy.

Then you wasn't paying any attention.

Complacency in the church is just one more reason for the gradual invasion of the left into America's first principles and social values.

Compromise in general is to blame, but that includes compromise from the church as well.
Yep...look at all the Christians that are stupid enough to vote the left into power. Going against their Christian values.

Complacency in the church is just one more reason for the gradual invasion of the left into America's first principles and social values.

Compromise in general is to blame, but that includes compromise from the church as well.
Yep...look at all the Christians that are stupid enough to vote the left into power. Going against their Christian values.
Not only do some self-professed Christians vote Democrat, but most of the rest roll over for the moonbats.

Christians used to be much more outspoken than they are now. It's like that 1954 law that stifled the clergy also by association stifled the flocks.

I don't remember Christ telling people to use government force to make other people accept as legitimate certain "sinful" behaviors.

jesuschrist1.jpg
For that to work, it would need to say "let he whose sins are condemned by others ask government to cast the first and every other stone at those who condemn."

Last edited:

It isn’t enough to fight these insane laws by going through the courts and having them repealed. The people in government that bring up these insane laws that infringe on people’s constitutional rights need to held accountable and thrown in jail.

jesuschrist1.jpg
It’s the leftists who are most adept at casting stones, punishing certain behaviors.

Example: Don't Want to Wear an LGBT Pride Emblem? You're Fired.

Example from the U.K.: Mother arrested after calling a transgender woman a man

Last edited:

jesuschrist1.jpg
It’s the leftists who are most adept at casting stones, punishing certain behaviors.

Example: Don't Want to Wear an LGBT Pride Emblem? You're Fired.

Example from the U.K.: Mother arrested after calling a transgender woman a man
When did the UK become the US?

Discrimination is not part of our American values. Discrimination against LGBTs is part of the "Christian values" only of certain varieties of the Christian faith. Not all. Nor are people of various religions entitled to more or superior rights to those to which other citizens are entitled, regardless of who they are. Every member of every religion must come to terms with how to observe the tenets of their faith and the requirements of the law simultaneously. There is no reason to allow anyone to transfer this burden onto other people. People forget that in cases such as these, LGBTs would bear the burden of a "government ideology," even though they are not responsible for what someone else believes.

Discrimination is not part of our American values. Discrimination against LGBTs is part of the "Christian values" only of certain varieties of the Christian faith. Not all. Nor are people of various religions entitled to more or superior rights to those to which other citizens are entitled, regardless of who they are. Every member of every religion must come to terms with how to observe the tenets of their faith and the requirements of the law simultaneously. There is no reason to allow anyone to transfer this burden onto other people. People forget that in cases such as these, LGBTs would bear the burden of a "government ideology," even though they are not responsible for what someone else believes.

Lots of words for forcing your beliefs on a religious organization despite their beliefs to the contrary.

Compromise is not possible with SJW morons like you, if it were we would all be better off.

The Democratic Party no longer exists.

Lots of words for forcing your beliefs on a religious organization despite their beliefs to the contrary.

Compromise is not possible with SJW morons like you, if it were we would all be better off.

How do you "compromise" when all it means is that everybody has to bow down to you? These shit-for-brains types are trying to force their beliefs on the rest of us. Sorry, we don't scapegoat a whole group of people or try to exclude them from general society just because some cults don't like them. LGBTs are NOT RESPONSIBLE for whatever beliefs someone else chooses to have. Beliefs are a choice. They should not become a government ideology. BTW: I'm proud to be an "SJW." It sure beats the alternative of being a warrior for social injustice.

How do you "compromise" when all it means is that everybody has to bow down to you? These shit-for-brains types are trying to force their beliefs on the rest of us. Sorry, we don't scapegoat a whole group of people or try to exclude them from general society just because some cults don't like them. LGBTs are NOT RESPONSIBLE for whatever beliefs someone else chooses to have. Beliefs are a choice. They should not become a government ideology. BTW: I'm proud to be an "SJW." It sure beats the alternative of being a warrior for social injustice.

How is forcing a church or religious school to hire say a secretary who lives a lifestyle that doesn't agree with said church or schools teachings making everyone "bow down"

This is the same bullshit as forcing the bakers to bake for Same sex weddings, it's not about fairness, it's about forced acceptance.

The force here is on the government, not on the school or church.

SJW's are today's fascists, really something to be proud of. You are just as bad as those Moral Majority assholes back in the 80's going after rock music.

Forum List

Back