Vietnam is similar to Ukraine

LBJ created a faked crisis and then set the rules so that we could win every battle and lose the freaking war. The media supported LBJ like they support every democrat and then blamed Nixon when it all went bad. Lefties criticized the "military industrial complex" back then and today it's ten times worse but no criticism.
Nixon inherited LBJ's war and the Pentagon convinced Nixon the war was winnable. Nixon then became the scapegoat for the war.

My dad remembers how the Vietnam war divided the country. Many young men fled to Canada to avoid getting drafted.
Indeed, to me they were the real patriots, one of my Cousins now passed away who was American served twice in Vietnam with the Marines, he was the Son of my Mothers Sister who went to settle in the US aged 19, the story i was told when he was 18 he was called up, his mother was talking about sending him to England, but you know what lads are at that age are like he wanted to go with his mates,he went back for a second time so i think he must have voluteered for that, i met him a few times over the years nice guy but he must have been a real believer in the propaganda.

Biden is leading us down the path to war.

Putin went the path of war when he sent an invasion army in Ukraine.

The Ukrainians decided to fight against Putin rather than surrender like Putin and most of the rest of the world expected.

It is not our war but I am glad to see the Russians getting owned by the underdog Ukrainians.

The Ukrainians decided to fight against Putin rather than surrender like Putin and most of the rest of the world expected.

It is not our war but I am glad to see the Russians getting owned by the underdog Ukrainians.
The Ukrainians will eventually lose this war.

For a start the Russians are not getting owned, and the war didn't start just over a year ago, have you not followed whats gone on for 9 years?

For a start the Russians are not getting owned, and the war didn't start just over a year ago, have you not followed whats gone on for 9 years?
The massive invasion with the intention of taking over the entire country did start a year and a half ago.

If a country that supposedly has a first rate military can't take over a 20th rate military right next door and have suffered close to 100K deaths then I would say that is pretty much getting owned.

I am surprised the Ukrainians actually fought. They pretty much rolled over when the Russians took over the Crimea.

Piss on Putin. The blood of this war is on his hands. The Ukrainians are no saints by any stretch of the imagination but they do not deserve what Putin had in store for them.

As an American the winner of this conflict will have little or nothing to do with my security. I sure don't want us to get involved with any kind of ground action. However, as a Boomer that grew up in the Cold War where the Russians were a real threat and the Evil Empire I want to see them get their asses kicked. As a Vietnam Veteran that remembers all the support the goddamn Russians gave the Communists that were killing my fellow Americans then I say piss on them.

Biden is leading us down the path to war.

If anything the Ukraine/Russia War is a mirror image of Vietnam. The west is supporting the local forces at a safe distance without becoming involved in direct combat. Although there is some evidence that both Soviet and Communist Chinese troops were directly involved in combat in Vietnam. The released POWs said that there were Soviet and Chinese interrogators involved in their torture.

1web.jpg
Yeah, a real big demonstration. There are perhaps a hundred people there. You can see the left and rear boundaries of the "crowd".

The Ukrainians will eventually lose this war.
That's what I thought at first, now I think Russia can't win as long as the west continues to support Ukraine with weapons, money and economic sanctions. Russia is running out of money, munitions and military equipment. When you have to rely on poorly maintained Cold War weapons, you are losing.

We've spent literally trillions of dollars over the decades in preparation of destroying the Russian military.

Now actually it is being destroyed in the clearance section of the Dollar General and you guys are bitching about it? LOL!!!

The massive invasion with the intention of taking over the entire country did start a year and a half ago.

If a country that supposedly has a first rate military can't take over a 20th rate military right next door and have suffered close to 100K deaths then I would say that is pretty much getting owned.

I am surprised the Ukrainians actually fought. They pretty much rolled over when the Russians took over the Crimea.

Piss on Putin. The blood of this war is on his hands. The Ukrainians are no saints by any stretch of the imagination but they do not deserve what Putin had in store for them.

As an American the winner of this conflict will have little or nothing to do with my security. I sure don't want us to get involved with any kind of ground action. However, as a Boomer that grew up in the Cold War where the Russians were a real threat and the Evil Empire I want to see them get their asses kicked. As a Vietnam Veteran that remembers all the support the goddamn Russians gave the Communists that were killing my fellow Americans then I say piss on them.
If Russia had wanted to take over Ukraine they wouldn't have tried it with 150k troops, why would they want Bandera infested Western Ukraine? it's the Polish who are after that, and you sound like you still think the War in Vietnam was a good idea, are you insane? did it ever cross your mind that the NVA were fighting to defend their Country? the Vietnamese had already smashed the French Colonialists and the idiots in the Whitehouse thought it a good idea to take their place, how did that work out? and you have not learnt your lesson by the sound of it.

That's what I thought at first, now I think Russia can't win as long as the west continues to support Ukraine with weapons, money and economic sanctions. Russia is running out of money, munitions and military equipment. When you have to rely on poorly maintained Cold War weapons, you are losing.
In the meantime Germany is Bankrupt and other Countries in Europe will go the same way because of their stupidity.

We've spent literally trillions of dollars over the decades in preparation of destroying the Russian military.

Now actually it is being destroyed in the clearance section of the Dollar General and you guys are bitching about it? LOL!!!
No your Governments have spent trillions of your tax payers $$$$$$$ making some people very rich but they never seem to have enough, Smedley Butler said it, War is a Racket, you should read his book and wake up.

If Russia had wanted to take over Ukraine they wouldn't have tried it with 150k troops, why would they want Bandera infested Western Ukraine? it's the Polish who are after that, and you sound like you still think the War in Vietnam was a good idea, are you insane? did it ever cross your mind that the NVA were fighting to defend their Country? the Vietnamese had already smashed the French Colonialists and the idiots in the Whitehouse thought it a good idea to take their place, how did that work out? and you have not learnt your lesson by the sound of it.
Veitnam worked out from a military standpoint. Nixon took the war to the North, pretty much kicked their ass and got them to sign the Paris Peace Accords, which allowed Sout Vietnam to exist as non Communists. The objective of the war all along. However, that victory was given away by the filthy ass Democrats, with the help of a few weak RINOs, when they defunded all help to South Vietnam. The political victory that the Communists got that they did not win on a battlefield.

However, that has nothing to do with Ukraine. The goddamn Russians thought they could over run the country in a couple of weeks but they were mistaken. A year and a half later they are bogged down in a costly war with over a hundred thousand deaths and a few hundred thousand wounded. Meanwhile their once highly rated conventional forces are being decimated and as we saw a couple of weeks ago, a very mutinous attitude in the Russian military.

No your Governments have spent trillions of your tax payers $$$$$$$ making some people very rich but they never seem to have enough, Smedley Butler said it, War is a Racket, you should read his book and wake up.

The Cold War cost the West trillions of dollars and now the Ukrainians are kicking the Russian asses for the cost of a few old stock anti tank missiles.

Forum List

Back