Video shows Republicans walking out of the Senate chamber as Ketanji Brown Jackson was confirmed as the first Black female Supreme Court justice

Carson, Cain, and Keyes are all smarter than you idiots.

Alan Keys is not smarter than my cat.

I still remember when the GOP drafted him to run against Obama for the Illinois Senate. I am not sure he had ever even been to the state prior to that. He got fucking crushed, even most of the staunch Red counties did not vote for him.

with them its all behind your back.....republicans tell you to your face what they think of you,democrats tell you what you want to hear,when you walk out of the room the conversation changes.....
Hahahahaha

What a bunch of crap. Now go worship another person for a few years and throw him under the bus the moment the orange slob turns on him.

Republicans walked out of the Senate chamber during a standing ovation as Ketanji Brown Jackson was confirmed as the first Black female Supreme Court justice in US history.

Video footage showed several Republican senators leaving their seats and heading to the exits as applause erupted in the chamber after the Senate voted 53-47 to confirm her to the Supreme Court on Thursday.

The one Republican senator filmed joining the applause as colleagues filed past was Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah, who was one of only three moderate Republicans who voted to confirm Joe Biden's nominee. The others were Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Sen. Susan Collins of Maine.

CNN's chief political correspondent, Julia Borger, said that Republicans had shown "disrespect" toward Jackson, and singled out Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, who she said had been late for the vote, and Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, who said he had not been admitted to the Senate chamber because he wasn't wearing a tie and had to cast his "no" vote from the cloakroom instead.

"Whether you agree with the outcome or not, you need to pay this woman the respect that she is due. And you need to do that for any Supreme Court nominee," Borger said.

Jackson's confirmation hearings were a grueling process, with the US appeals court judge at times subjected to questioning and accusations by Republicans that legal experts have denounced as unfair and misleading.

During the confirmation, Sen. Josh Hawley misleadingly claimed she had been lenient toward offenders guilty of child-sexual-abuse-image offences, in a line of attack criticized by the White House as a dog whistle to the far-right QAnon movement.

Sen. Tom Cotton baselessly claimed that she would have defended Nazi war criminals, falsely saying that she had chosen to defend Guantanamo Bay inmates while neglecting to mention the cases were assigned to her when she was a public defender.

In a sign of the deep partisan divisions in the Senate, the vote to advance Jackson's confirmation in the Senate Judiciary Committee was deadlocked, with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer having to use a special procedure to advance the process to a full Senate vote.

The Grand Old Party, the party of inclusions. WAFJ.

This is a prime example why black folks don't support this party.

Whether you agree with her or not, this is a historic moment in this country's history and these cowards get up and walk out.
Republicans did fucking what?
Showed disrespect???
WTF???? What the hell do they call what they did to kavanaugh?
Holy shit man!

Yes.

It is important to be hypocritical.

Those Republican Senators should have smiled and applauded and commented how wonderful that the Court finally has a Justice of her background.

It makes everyone feel good and creates harmony, real or not.

I realize that the GOP can never forgive the Dems for how they treated Judge K. during his confirmation hearing.

But the GOP should show that they are more mature than the Dems.

And hopefully the voters will reward the GOP come November.

Republicans walked out of the Senate chamber during a standing ovation as Ketanji Brown Jackson was confirmed as the first Black female Supreme Court justice in US history.

Video footage showed several Republican senators leaving their seats and heading to the exits as applause erupted in the chamber after the Senate voted 53-47 to confirm her to the Supreme Court on Thursday.

The one Republican senator filmed joining the applause as colleagues filed past was Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah, who was one of only three moderate Republicans who voted to confirm Joe Biden's nominee. The others were Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Sen. Susan Collins of Maine.

CNN's chief political correspondent, Julia Borger, said that Republicans had shown "disrespect" toward Jackson, and singled out Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, who she said had been late for the vote, and Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, who said he had not been admitted to the Senate chamber because he wasn't wearing a tie and had to cast his "no" vote from the cloakroom instead.

"Whether you agree with the outcome or not, you need to pay this woman the respect that she is due. And you need to do that for any Supreme Court nominee," Borger said.

Jackson's confirmation hearings were a grueling process, with the US appeals court judge at times subjected to questioning and accusations by Republicans that legal experts have denounced as unfair and misleading.

During the confirmation, Sen. Josh Hawley misleadingly claimed she had been lenient toward offenders guilty of child-sexual-abuse-image offences, in a line of attack criticized by the White House as a dog whistle to the far-right QAnon movement.

Sen. Tom Cotton baselessly claimed that she would have defended Nazi war criminals, falsely saying that she had chosen to defend Guantanamo Bay inmates while neglecting to mention the cases were assigned to her when she was a public defender.

In a sign of the deep partisan divisions in the Senate, the vote to advance Jackson's confirmation in the Senate Judiciary Committee was deadlocked, with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer having to use a special procedure to advance the process to a full Senate vote.

The Grand Old Party, the party of inclusions. WAFJ.

This is a prime example why black folks don't support this party.

Whether you agree with her or not, this is a historic moment in this country's history and these cowards get up and walk out.
Hopefully it becomes a societal norm, to stand up, turn your back on, and walk out on groomers and the like.

Such a dumb talking point. Notice Barrett and Gorsuch did not have the same problem.
Not dumb at all...
Quite Accurate actually..
I ask again if the have a standard for such things
What do they call the six weeks of total Bullshit they pulled during the Kavanaugh hearings and confirmation?

I would expect sitting justices to be decent and proper....no surprise there.

Jo

"Congratulations ! You got the position. Of course we excluded 95% of all other candidates, but hey don't think about that. Just be happy you won. Your accomplishment is a historical event. It proves that a Black female can rise to the top...but only because we excluded 95% of the other people. You must be so proud of yourself!".... Now how in the hell is this not insulting to the judge.
I wonder how many other folks were qualified when only white men were being put on the SC.

I don't know if I'm your age or not. Today is my b day and I'm 58. I too remember seeing racism. The news would show us images of the KKK in full regalia marching through D.C. and other city's. I saw reports on television of blacks being dragged behind pickup trucks, blacks being beaten etc...
I don't see that today do you? With the left controlling the media(almost all of it) if all the racism was taking place it would be shown to us over and over again because that's the side that pushes it. Show me all the racism you say exist in a country that has elected a black man President twiced and currently has a black VP. If racism is systemic which you seem to think it is than you should be able to show it to me.
When can start with the Justice System.

I wonder how many other folks were qualified when only white men were being put on the SC.
Well since this pick was basically nearly 100% based on skin color I guess we'll never know. The worst thing Biden could have done to her is to indicate ahead of time that he was only going to select a black woman. His penchant for making spectacularly destructive statements knows absolutely no boundaries. A husband might as well tell his wife that sex with the hooker was absolutely the most spectacular and mind-blowing sex of his life but it doesn't really mean anything because she's the one he loves.

Jo

Forum List

Back