Video evidence shows that recycling hurts the environment, and landfills help the environment

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
Below are two videos

The first video shows that much of the recycled garbage from rich countries (the U.K. in this case) gets sent to poor countries, where it just sits there on the ground without any covering or protection, getting blown around, and often ending up in rivers and ultimately the ocean.

The second video shows a landfill in a rich country (New York in this case). The landfill is well sealed and covered, and is now a park with grass, trees, plants, and animals.

Recycling is a scam. It makes people feel good, but it actually hurts the environment instead of helping it. The environment would be a lot better off if we stopped recycling, and put our garbage into landfills. The proof is in the videos.

If it is actually recycled, it is not sitting on top of the ground or buried. That is the stuff that is not recycled, whether is was supposed to be or not.

As long as those cans on the curb are emptied every Wednesday...they could feed it to baby seals for all I care.

If it is actually recycled, it is not sitting on top of the ground or buried. That is the stuff that is not recycled, whether is was supposed to be or not.

OK. That is true.

But the people involved shouldn't be saying that it's "recycled" when it's not.

OK. That is true.

Absolutely correct. Hope I am not wasting time, energy and money separating my trash and dropping off electronic at best buy for recycling.

It's no secret that it's economic warfare.
How exactly does that work as economic warfare? Not saying you are wrong or right, but not understanding the economic warfare angle without more explanation.

How exactly does that work as economic warfare? Not saying you are wrong or right, but not understanding the economic warfare angle without more explanation.
It's one angle of unrestricted warfare.

Figure it out.

OK. That is true.

Absolutely correct. Hope I am not wasting time, energy and money separating my trash and dropping off electronic at best buy for recycling.

Anything that has metal in it is likely to be recycled. Metal has always been recycled, ever since people started using it thousands of yeas ago. For example, it takes 20 times as much energy to extract uranium from raw ore, as it does to recycle aluminum. For anything with metal, I think we can be pretty certain that the recycling is real, and that it is happening.

Now with things like plastic, paper, and glass, recycling may, or may not, save resources. In some cases, it may even use more resources than it saves. There are so many different variables going on with these things.

I very much support the use of tree farms as a renewable and sustainable way of getting high quality, virgin paper. Given that trees are renewable, the idea that recycling paper somehow "saves" trees is not something that I agree with.

And I don't for one minute buy the claim by doomsayers that we are running out of resources. Scarcity leads to higher prices. Higher prices lead to conservation, substitution, innovation, and searches for new supplies.

Gold is great for certain electrical uses. But gold is scare, so its prices is high. So we use copper instead.

Aluminum used to be so rare that it was considered a precious metal. When they built the Washington monument, the top of it had a small piece of aluminum that weighed a few dozen pounds. At the time, this was the biggest piece of refined aluminum that had ever existed, and it was considered to be quite an achievement. But later, someone invented a way to mass produce aluminum at a very low cost. Today, aluminum is so abundant and cheap that we throw aluminum foil in the garbage. (Bigger pieces do get recycled.)

Today, the world has more people than ever before. And at the same time, the average person eats more calories of food, has more square footage of housing, owns more clothing, gets more medical care, uses more energy, and owns more material possessions, than at any other time in the history of the world.

The world's supply of resources is getting bigger, not smaller.

The most important resource that we have is information. And once a new technology has been invented, it can never be uninvented. The multi-trillion dollar silicon revolution is based on taking worthless sand (or other similar rocks) and using technology to turn it into something very valuable. I support using technology to give every person on earth a first world standard of living.

Israel desalinizes water for less than 1/5 penny per gallon.

Source: Over and drought: Why the end of Israel's water shortage is a secret

And yet in poor countries all over the world, there are huge numbers of people who do not have access to clean water.

But this is a choice that those countries made. For example, South Africa has a shortage of clean water because it chose to reject Israel's offer of help to build desalination plants.

Source: South African stupidity

It is possible to use technology to give every person on earth a first world standard of living. But it is a choice of whether or not to actually use that technology. People who choose to not build desalination plants are complete hypocrites if they complain about not having enough clean water.

Last edited:

Figure it out.

You said it is economic warfare. Someone else asked you how. When you responded, you didn't answer their question. I think it would be good if you answered their question.

Figure it out.

You said it is economic warfare. Someone else asked you how. When you responded, you didn't answer their question. I think it would be good if you answered their question.
Google the term "national sword" and go from there.

You may educate yourself, or you may choose to remain ignorant, like most LWNJs. It's your choice.

Where did you ever get the idea that those two videos proved anything? They aren't even valid evidence.

Where did you ever get the idea that those two videos proved anything? They aren't even valid evidence.

The first video shows what happens to "recycled" garbage in the real world.

The second video shows that in the real world, landfills are being turned into parks after they are full.

Both videos show what is happening in the real world.

Figure it out.

You may educate yourself, or you may choose to remain ignorant, like most LWNJs. It's your choice.

I googled the term. It says that China has recently banned the importation of garbage from rich countries.

But other poor countries have started to import the garbage that China no longer wants.

The environment would be better off it we put our garbage into landfills and then turned those landfills into parks, instead of exporting that garbage to third world countries where much of it ultimately ends up in the ocean.

Parks are good.

Putting garbage in the ocean is bad.

Figure it out.

I googled the term. It says that China has recently banned the importation of garbage from rich countries.

But other poor countries have started to import the garbage that China no longer wants.
Other southeast Asian countries have followed suit by banning garbage from the west, under pressure from China.

Did you know that before operation national sword, the USA's #1 export to China was waste paper, aka garbage?

When those massive container ships bring cheap manufactured goods from China to our shores, they don't like to go back empty.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back