Suh Promise

Rookie
Apr 4, 2022
According to the UN ranking plastic pollution is the fifth highest contributor of climate change, and affect every country of the world both rich and poor.

My name is Ambe Promise Suh I am a student in the university of Calabar Nigeria studying Accounting with a very strong passion for environmental protection, it was not until early 2021 that I became fully conscious of the plastic pollution problem, from a web article that year I discovered that Nigeria produces about 1.2 million metric tons of plastics waste annually with only about 12% of this waste recycled and the rest end up in landfills and water bodies which is very harmful to both human health and water habitats, in past years some sea creatures have been reported dead as a result of them eating plastics (you see the problem right).

After seeing this problem I was interested in solving it, I engaged in my research and learning and by the grace of God I am currently converting plastic waste to pavers, it was not really easy from the beginning as it is commonly said "nothing good comes easy", but I kept on practicing and the more I practiced the better I became.

This paving bricks are durable, strong and can last for about 50years, the best part about recycling plastic waste to pavers take plastic waste completely from the environment never to return, there are used for paving roads, walk paths, office/compound surroundings, schools among others.

Though I used a local method which is not so eco-friendly but I believe that with your support we can get a complete eco-friendly production process.

I believe that the success and growth of this project will create jobs for unemployed youths including women and girls, it will increase the living standards of communities, it will bring about community infrastructural development, it will also serve communities with a clean environment, good health, quality life and a steady stream of income.

This project can be replicated any where in the world and it with still give same great impact.

My dream is to own factories in Nigeria, Africa and the rest of the world, I know that this dream is very possible though am currently limited financially,

So I humbly ask for your support if you love what am doing and you want to see this project touch many lives, poor and underprivileged people then please do well to support the project.

You can support us Financially, with equipment and you can also share this story with organizations and individuals who can support us.

My advice to you and all young people all over the world is " Do not only rely on the government of your country get out of your comfort zone and look for global problems right from you community and start solving today.

If you are interested to talk to me or support the project contact me:
Whatsapp: +2349059436018
Facebook: @SuhPromise.
email: [email protected]

I humbly remain your "The PLASTIC GUY.

Waste plastic is already being incorporated into highway paving in some places, and supposedly makes for a better road. Plastic is being recycled into hundreds of products now. The problem is the careless discarding of it, and the cost of collecting, storing, and selling it.

My city no longer accepts plastic bags in the recycling program as they aren't compatible with the sorting machinery. So we are told to put plastic bags, and plastic sheeting, into the trash. It then goes to the landfill.

Last edited:
that is great, I think a small group can come in to take care of the plastics that are not accepted in your recycling program instead of taking them to landfills, I make use of plastic bags for my project.

Have a nice time, thanks for engaging

According to the UN ranking plastic pollution is the fifth highest contributor of climate change, and affect every country of the world both rich and poor.

My name is Ambe Promise Suh I am a student in the university of Calabar Nigeria studying Accounting with a very strong passion for environmental protection, it was not until early 2021 that I became fully conscious of the plastic pollution problem, from a web article that year I discovered that Nigeria produces about 1.2 million metric tons of plastics waste annually with only about 12% of this waste recycled and the rest end up in landfills and water bodies which is very harmful to both human health and water habitats, in past years some sea creatures have been reported dead as a result of them eating plastics (you see the problem right).

After seeing this problem I was interested in solving it, I engaged in my research and learning and by the grace of God I am currently converting plastic waste to pavers, it was not really easy from the beginning as it is commonly said "nothing good comes easy", but I kept on practicing and the more I practiced the better I became.

This paving bricks are durable, strong and can last for about 50years, the best part about recycling plastic waste to pavers take plastic waste completely from the environment never to return, there are used for paving roads, walk paths, office/compound surroundings, schools among others.

Though I used a local method which is not so eco-friendly but I believe that with your support we can get a complete eco-friendly production process.

I believe that the success and growth of this project will create jobs for unemployed youths including women and girls, it will increase the living standards of communities, it will bring about community infrastructural development, it will also serve communities with a clean environment, good health, quality life and a steady stream of income.

This project can be replicated any where in the world and it with still give same great impact.

My dream is to own factories in Nigeria, Africa and the rest of the world, I know that this dream is very possible though am currently limited financially,

So I humbly ask for your support if you love what am doing and you want to see this project touch many lives, poor and underprivileged people then please do well to support the project.

You can support us Financially, with equipment and you can also share this story with organizations and individuals who can support us.

My advice to you and all young people all over the world is " Do not only rely on the government of your country get out of your comfort zone and look for global problems right from you community and start solving today.

Great Job ... Nice Initiative ... And Good Luck In Your Endeavors.

Recycled plastic products and paving stones come in a variety of shapes, colors and applications ...
Plus they are readily accessible to the public and generally found in common use.

The competition in the market is a bit stiffer here, but that is a fair indication that you will see more success where you are.

that is great, I think a small group can come in to take care of the plastics that are not accepted in your recycling program instead of taking them to landfills, I make use of plastic bags for my project.

Have a nice time, thanks for engaging

Most Americans do a pretty good job of policing themselves when it comes to recycling.
The rest of the world not so much.

If You Are Genetically Incapable of Building It, Tear It Down!

Never in a million years could Africans have invented plastic. Your jealousy of White achievement is what motivates your Green ideology.

Forum List

Back