Vice News: Eating These Foods Might Make You Racist

Jun 19, 2014
Vinland
Trigger Warning Not Satire.

Apparently emotionally unhinged 20 something liberal bloggers are in a tizzy over "racially insensitive" food brands like Uncle Ben's Rice or Land O' Lakes Butter. They believe the removal of the Washington Redskins trademark sets a precedent for the US Patent Office to remove the trademarks of the aforementioned food brands. They are calling for people that actually have money and some common sense(not hypersensitive college students in mountains of student loan debt) to boycott these products to push to Feds to remove these trademarks.

A lil' preview from the article.

Sixty years removed from the advent of the American Civil Rights Movement, and racism is still alive in the aisles of our grocery stores.

From butter to syrup and porridge, rice, ice cream or waffles, bigotry in food products has stirred international debates for decades. But now, just two weeks after the US Patent and Trademark Office revoked the trademark of the NFL’s Washington Redskins, many popular items commonly found on the shelves of the nation’s supermarkets could soon come under identical scrutiny for their disparaging portrayals of minorities.

Purchasing a bottle of Aunt Jemima, of course, doesn’t make you akin to a full-fledged Klan member. Yet continued support and proliferation of derogatory branding and images requires further inspection into the pervasive prejudices that continue to permeate culinary advertising.

Eating These Foods Might Make You Racist | MUNCHIES

19046798_bZeXxNeLRQiTjAS8p1hPNP8-elfeusR46Aw6N8h9-oM.jpg

Mama Burger, Milan Italy

Derogatory branding? When I was a kid, I thought the Aunt Jemima bottles were the coolest bottles ever.

And Uncle Ben's? Oh, yea, I can see how that is racist. Rice is white, or some such thing.

What about brown rice? The lefties love to call people "brown" (regardless of it making any sense at all).

I like ****** JIM'S CHITLINS myself. Served with CHINK CHIN'S RICE and WETBACK BEANS.

They should really shit their panties when the courts restore the Redskins trademark. That damned pesky 1st Amendment again.

I'm really craving some Chef Boy-Ar-Dee raviolis right now!

Now I'm craving some Rootin' Tootin' Raspberry drink!

Here's a new name for the Washington Redskins:

Attachments

• $injunorange.jpg
    $injunorange.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 112
Even Funny Face got PC years ago.

Injun Orange and Chinese Cherry were replace by Jolly Olly Orange and Choo Choo Cherry.

Trigger Warning Not Satire.

Apparently emotionally unhinged 20 something liberal bloggers are in a tizzy over "racially insensitive" food brands like Uncle Ben's Rice or Land O' Lakes Butter. They believe the removal of the Washington Redskins trademark sets a precedent for the US Patent Office to remove the trademarks of the aforementioned food brands. They are calling for people that actually have money and some common sense(not hypersensitive college students in mountains of student loan debt) to boycott these products to push to Feds to remove these trademarks.

A lil' preview from the article.

Sixty years removed from the advent of the American Civil Rights Movement, and racism is still alive in the aisles of our grocery stores.

From butter to syrup and porridge, rice, ice cream or waffles, bigotry in food products has stirred international debates for decades. But now, just two weeks after the US Patent and Trademark Office revoked the trademark of the NFL’s Washington Redskins, many popular items commonly found on the shelves of the nation’s supermarkets could soon come under identical scrutiny for their disparaging portrayals of minorities.

Purchasing a bottle of Aunt Jemima, of course, doesn’t make you akin to a full-fledged Klan member. Yet continued support and proliferation of derogatory branding and images requires further inspection into the pervasive prejudices that continue to permeate culinary advertising.

Eating These Foods Might Make You Racist | MUNCHIES

I can remember when PC first reared it's ugly head back in the 80's...
Billiards was at least once referred to as a racist game because a white ball was used to pocket( contain or even incarcerate) the colored balls.
Inner city has been referred to being a racist phrase. Some how radical blacks and self hating white liberals decided "inner city" meant "black" ...as though American cities were depopulated of Caucasians and no other demographic, racial or cultural groups resided there.
Also back then idiots such as Spike Lee ran around the country screaming as anyone who would listen that any movie, tv show or commercial that did not feature black actors was inherently racist. And oh, it gets better.....That any of the above that DID have black actors, was simply practicing tokenism.
Here's one.....The original label of Snapple Iced Tea which was once a regional brand in the NY Metro area featured the image of a Clipper ship in the back ground of the label. Someone in the radical racist black realm decided to start a rumor that the Clipper ship was actually a "slave" ship.
It is this kind of fucked up thinking that gets the Left nowhere.
When real estate values in predominantly minority urban neighborhoods bottomed out, the natural process of real estate development began to turn upward as people decided to invest in these areas and rehabilitate distressed properties. This process earned the term "gentrification"....This term was latched on to by liberals who used it in a negative connotation. All the while those very same liberals championed the outward movement of minorities into predominantly white suburbs. Double standard.
I remember reading a letter to the editor in the NY Daily News that concluded with "why is it when blacks move to the suburbs is deemed progress but when whites move to the city it's deemed as racist?"
and the libs and their radical black cohorts sit there in amazement wondering why there is so much backlash against them.
Those of us who are just trying to live our lives and be left alone throw our hands up in frustration and want to scream WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU PEOPLE WANT?!!!!!!

Last edited:
This article is actually pushing for removing these items OP.

With the official line on racism in food yet to be drawn, it’s time for consumers to vote with their wallets and stop the proliferation of bigoted images in branding and packaging. And while the purchase of Land O’Lakes, Aunt Jemima, or Coon Cheese does not necessarily equate to an admission of racism, the US Patent and Trademark Office and similar government agencies worldwide have already set a very striking precedent and similar regulation in the supermarket could soon follow suit.

Looks like the title got you and you didnt go further

Forum List

Back