Vermont DID IT!

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness".

I bolded the important part for you. Our country was founded on ensuring life for its citizens.

What that phrase means is that the state will not kill you or allow anyone else to kill you. It doesn't mean the state will protect you from mother nature.

Medical care hardly existed when the Founding Fathers signed the Declaration of Independence. Your understand of the term "right to life" absurd.

Single payer actually has nothing to do with the mandate. Here's a newsflash and why I said you are clueless. You already do pay for others people healthcare, like it or not. Your insurance premiums (assuming you have insurance) are directly influenced by the costs incurred in our system by those without insurance. Me, you and anyone else who purchases health insurance have our rates increase due to covering the costs of those who can't afford insurance. Once you can grasp and understand that concept we can then continue the conversation. Until then, you'll continue to be clueless as to what healthcare in this country is about.

That's a justification for eliminating the imposition of such costs on insurance companies, not for increasing them.

You'd pay less if the people for whom you are paying were getting preventative care and using Drs offices instead of going to the ER.

And why do they go to the ER? Because they have no insurance.

There's no reason to go to the ER to get a mamogram or a flu shot.

Just think of what this means to small or startup businesses. The owner and all the employees would have health coverage without any additional expense.

The cost of health care for everyone from individuals to GM or GE will experience a decrease in cost.

A shining example of how liberals beleive that if the government provides it then no one pays for it.

That's not what liberals believe.

But everyone who isn't a moron realizes that the bigger the pool of patients covered by an insurance program the lower the cost per patient. Duh. Simple economics of scale and statistics.

You think it's that simple? Sure, bigger pool of payers but also a bigger pool of people wanting care and the same number of doctors and hospitals. Maybe fewer numbers of doctors as many could leave the state or retire when the price controls for what they can charge drops. So, longer waits to see a doctor and more visits to the emergency rooms for the sniffles.

I assume the insurance companies will have to provide care for pre-existing conditions, and no caps? If I ran a health insurance company, I wouldn't be doing business in Vermont.

What part of Vt. do you live in??

I lived in Norhtern NH for 20+ years. Did a lot of horse showing at the Lyndonville Fair.

Sure mis NE in the Fall especially the County Fairs.

Did you move there to avoid paying state income taxes?

Yes, it's constitutional. Vermont has applied for a waiver just as all states are permitted to do by the HC legislation. Any state that develops a system with outcomes that meet federal standards is free to get a waiver.

Waivers are unconstitutional. The Constitution mandates that all laws are to be enforced equally and uniformly. How does letting some people off the hook comport with that requirement?

Oh, that's interesting. I love Northern NH! We hike and play in the White Mountains all the time.

We live in the northwest, near Lake Champlain and about 30 miles from the Canadian border.

What is a tic on the ass of society like you doing in a state with no income tax?

Yes, it's constitutional. Vermont has applied for a waiver just as all states are permitted to do by the HC legislation. Any state that develops a system with outcomes that meet federal standards is free to get a waiver.

Waivers are unconstitutional. The Constitution mandates that all laws are to be enforced equally and uniformly. How does letting some people off the hook comport with that requirement?

No one is being let off the hook. Learn what the waivers do.

Should be interesting to see how it fares in VT.

I wonder if the legislature decided this or if the taxpayers voted it in??

I'm willing to bet the former is the case.

Like all legislation it was passed by the legislature and signed by the governor - but it has fairly wide support throughout the state.

You're trying to explain representative government to them? A brave soul.

You're not really this stupid, are ya? There's nothing unconstitutional about allowing states to opt-out of federal programs. No ones being "let off the hook" with our version of health care reform.

In fact, Vermont has opted-out of the traditional Medicaid program for about five years now.

As long it's in another state and I dont have to pay for it I could care less.

LOL. So clueless. Go back to sleep.

Do you even know what single payer means? It''s the same thing as an individual mandate, it means I would have to pay for it, even if I don't use it. It also means that my tax dollars would pay for some lazy welfare recipients healthcare, regardless if he/she can work and pay for their own. It's taking tax payer money and redistributing it to those too lazy to do anything for themselves. Noone has a right to my labor, sorry for your luck, like I said, glad it's not my state, and Vermont....like Massachusetts will suffer for it.

Well, here's your first problem. You think single-payer and an individual mandate are the same thing.

Sounds like States Rights. I guess all that talk of a mandatory Federal Gov't takeover of HC was little more than a bunch of hooey.

Waivers granted at the whim of some federal bureaucrat are an example of states rights?

The stupidity of left-wingers defies comprehension.

"90% of ALL medical advancements in the WORLD -originate in the US."

Where did that little gem of a claim come from?

Even if it's true, wouldn't you expect most medical advancements to come from the world's largest developed country?

That's pretty-much what happened, in Canada....it worked better than anyone had expected.​

is that why Canadians come to the US in droves to get urgently needed medical care?

Less than 1% of Canadians come across the border for health insurance. On the other hand, 80%-90% of Canadians are happy with their medical system, according to different polls.

What will the right do when this system proves a great success?

When has what they hate being a great success ever made them stop and think before?

They're still advocating lowering taxes on the rich and deregulating every industry you can name. Reality has no impact on their thought process, no matter how many times what they support proves to be a dismal failure and what they oppose proves to work splendidly. They are wholly unaffected by external stimuli.

Sounds like States Rights. I guess all that talk of a mandatory Federal Gov't takeover of HC was little more than a bunch of hooey.

Waivers granted at the whim of some federal bureaucrat are an example of states rights?

The stupidity of left-wingers defies comprehension.

No - waivers granted as laid out by the specific criteria in the legislation is an example of states rights

Forum List

Back