Verdict reached in Smollett hate hoax trial

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
The verdict has been reached. You heard it here first.

"Jurors have reached a verdict in Jussie Smollett’s trial for allegedly orchestrating and reporting a fake hate crime on himself.

The panel of 6 men and 6 women deliberated for more than 9 hours Wednesday and into Thursday before informing the court they had reached a decision, court personnel said. The verdict is expected to be read in the courtroom of Judge James Linn shortly.

Smollett, 39, is charged with six counts of disorderly conduct for allegedly lying to police about the January 2019 incident. If convicted the actor faces up to three years in prison, though with no prior criminal record its far more likely he would receive a sentence of probation.

This is a developing story. Check back for details."

Jury in Jussie Smollett case reaches a verdict

I kept hearing his name all over the place, but I finally just Googled what he was charged with today. I'll be anxious to know the verdict.

:auiqs.jpg:

1639091459473.png

From The Hill just now, Dec. 9: "Many have marveled at the audacity of Smollett, who literally is asking jurors to discard not just every piece of material evidence, videotape and eyewitness testimony but to defy any semblance of logic in accepting his account of a racist attack by Trump supporters. That's because he is not really trying to convince anyone he didn’t stage the attack with the help of Nigerian brothers Abimbola and Olabingo Osundairo. He is trying to get the jury to vote for him despite his guilt. It is called jury nullification, and this may be the most raw example of the practice in decades."

Sure: this is what was done in the O.J. trial. It was obvious he was guilty, so the jurors simply ---- ignored that.

Forum List

Back