Vegas Mom Shot Dead Was Looking For Suspect

Son daughter and assailant. Anyone other witnesses?

Las Vegas Mom Tammy Meyers Went Looking for Suspect Before Road Rage Killing - NBC News
Police Vegas mom son searched for vehicle before shooting - SFGate
It just doesn't add up, if sfgate story is right. Now reading an updated story from nbc, that doesn't mention everything the sfgate story does, which story is really right with so-called facts? If nbc is, then it seems plausible. Reading the sfgate story creates more questions in my mind and mom is not here to tell us.

I fear there is even more to this story. Time will tell. Sad all around.
enquiring minds want to know.

There are plenty of people around to tell.

Son daughter and assailant. Anyone other witnesses?

Las Vegas Mom Tammy Meyers Went Looking for Suspect Before Road Rage Killing - NBC News
Police Vegas mom son searched for vehicle before shooting - SFGate
It just doesn't add up, if sfgate story is right. Now reading an updated story from nbc, that doesn't mention everything the sfgate story does, which story is really right with so-called facts? If nbc is, then it seems plausible. Reading the sfgate story creates more questions in my mind and mom is not here to tell us.

I fear there is even more to this story. Time will tell. Sad all around.
enquiring minds want to know.

There are plenty of people around to tell.

Others at home? Neighbors? I think a complete story can come out from who there is.

Correct. Gun nutters on here care nothing for responsible ownership of guns. It's all about ownership. Not responsible ownership.

This young man had a right to have a gun, He had a right to go out hunting trouble with his Mom.
What the young man didn't have was enough fucking common sense to say, Mom, let it go. No one was hurt. It's 11:30 at night and I am not taking my gun and going out looking for trouble with you.

You know why the young man DIDN'T offer his Mom that sound advice?
Cause he was 22 years old with a gun. And plenty of testosterone and anger. And he was gonna "protect" his Mom from this terrible slight where no one was hurt.

Young men with guns have no common sense. And below the age of 30, they shouldn't be allowed to own a gun.

Having a party or both parties armed changes the equation of a confrontation

Having a gun in your pocket makes you less likely to back down. Each party having a gun makes a situation like we saw in the OP more likely to occur

This was not a simple instance of 2 armed people having an argument.

The idiot woman who got herself dead went out after the fact with her son and a gun to track down some guy who cut them off in traffic.

SHe's dead because she was stupid not because she was armed

She went back to get her son and the gun. She did not tell him to leave it home

She wanted to escallate the situation and the gun allowed her to do it

You are assuming facts not in evidence. But even if you are correct, so what?

So she had a chance to break off the confrontation and chose to escallate it

Having a gun will do that

No. Being a fool will do that. Having a gun does not make you more a fool and not having a gun does not make you less a fool. Your argument is absurd.

The idiot woman who got herself dead went out after the fact with her son and a gun to track down some guy who cut them off in traffic.

And you are stupid BECAUSE you can't seem to figure out that IF her son had not been armed, she wouldn't have gone out looking for trouble. It was the GUN that gave her the NERVE to go looking for trouble. Period.

Just like it's a GUN that gives lots of people the idea that they can be assholes when they want cause they've got a gun.

Most of the people who feel that way are men under 30.

And you know that how?

Statistics, common sense and an understanding of male hormones when applied to young men.

And you are stupid BECAUSE you can't seem to figure out that IF her son had not been armed, she wouldn't have gone out looking for trouble. It was the GUN that gave her the NERVE to go looking for trouble. Period.

Just like it's a GUN that gives lots of people the idea that they can be assholes when they want cause they've got a gun.

Most of the people who feel that way are men under 30.

And you know that how?

Statistics, common sense and an understanding of male hormones when applied to young men.

First off, tell me how you know that having a gun gave them the nerve to go looking for trouble and they wouldn't have done it if all they had was a baseball bat.

Second, how do you know it's a gun that gives people the idea they can be assholes.

Third: Present your statistics. "Common sense" is just another way of saying "I have nothing to back up what I'm saying". Show me the medical studies regarding hormones in young males which support your claim they can't own guns.

No. Being a fool will do that. Having a gun does not make you more a fool and not having a gun does not make you less a fool. Your argument is absurd.

You don't seem to grasp human nature very well. Or are you just deflecting? And the topic isn't less or more a fool as applied to lifetime behavior.

But occasional foolish behavior of a violent nature is definitely heavily influenced by whether or not you have a gun.

Everybody feels rougher tougher and meaner when they are carrying. Why carry if you don't feel that way? You are carrying so you can be tougher than the prospective criminal that you are protecting yourself from. And if you don't run into a true criminal, you can be assured that you won't take any shit over a parking space disagreement. You got a gun.

Either that or the person is just plain scared all the time, so they carry a gun all the time. Just in case type thing. But a scared person with a gun is not the best situation either.

Both scenarios produce foolish behavior with a gun. By people who wouldn't be foolish without one.

Show me the medical studies regarding hormones in young males which support your claim they can't own guns.

You ever notice how tightly controlled gun are by the US Military? How soldiers don't have personal weapons in their living space. How the armory controls who has guns and when they have them?

Why you think that is? What does the Army know about young men, weapons and the young mans sometimes irrational behavior driven by hormones?

You might want to take a google on testosterone and the other male hormones and what they do to critical thinking skills in young men.

If you wanna educate yourself.

You ever notice when you read about the young kid that finds Dads gun and shoots themselves or someone else, ever notice that most of those Dads are under 30? Makes sense. Young men with young families.

How about those domestic violence calls where the guy shoots his wife then himself? Those men, under 30.

Mass shootings in this country? All under 30.

Drive by gang shootings? Under 30.

First off, tell me how you know that having a gun gave them the nerve to go looking for trouble and they wouldn't have done it if all they had was a baseball bat.

In the world you used to live in maybe. Fist fighting when I grew up was honorable sport I thought.

But today? You gotta be kidding me. With non stop talk about your gun rights and need to arm yourself, you think people just go looking for trouble without a gun? Knowing that the person you are looking for is probably, in this world today, armed. At 11:30 at night?

You would do that? (go to a gun fight with a ball bat) That would be foolish.

Having a gun in your pocket makes you less likely to back down. Each party having a gun makes a situation like we saw in the OP more likely to occur

How do we keep the guns out of the hands of fools?

You don't seem to grasp human nature very well. Or are you just deflecting? And the topic isn't less or more a fool as applied to lifetime behavior.

But occasional foolish behavior of a violent nature is definitely heavily influenced by whether or not you have a gun.

Everybody feels rougher tougher and meaner when they are carrying. Why carry if you don't feel that way? You are carrying so you can be tougher than the prospective criminal that you are protecting yourself from. And if you don't run into a true criminal, you can be assured that you won't take any shit over a parking space disagreement. You got a gun.

Either that or the person is just plain scared all the time, so they carry a gun all the time. Just in case type thing. But a scared person with a gun is not the best situation either.

Both scenarios produce foolish behavior with a gun. By people who wouldn't be foolish without one.

I grasp human nature quite well. You, for example, are using that well known human argument of "everybody knows". Typically used by humans who can't back up their claim.

I carry a gun. If you take my parking spot, I will find another spot. If I were the type to confront you over a parking spot, I wouldn't need a gun to do it. I could do it as effectively with a knife or a tire iron. But I don't engage in confrontations over stupid things like that. Perhaps you are engaging in yet another trait of human nature, letting your imagination run away with you.

Show me the medical studies regarding hormones in young males which support your claim they can't own guns.

You ever notice how tightly controlled gun are by the US Military? How soldiers don't have personal weapons in their living space. How the armory controls who has guns and when they have them?

Why you think that is? What does the Army know about young men, weapons and the young mans sometimes irrational behavior driven by hormones?

You might want to take a google on testosterone and the other male hormones and what they do to critical thinking skills in young men.

If you wanna educate yourself.

You ever notice when you read about the young kid that finds Dads gun and shoots themselves or someone else, ever notice that most of those Dads are under 30? Makes sense. Young men with young families.

How about those domestic violence calls where the guy shoots his wife then himself? Those men, under 30.

Mass shootings in this country? All under 30.

Drive by gang shootings? Under 30.

So you aren't going to produce the studies or statistics to back up your claims. Why am I not surprised?

How do we keep the guns out of the hands of fools?

You don't. Just as you don't keep them from being behind the wheel of a car, or buying a baseball bat, or alcohol, or any of the myriad of things that a fool can hurt himself or others with. You hold them accountable for what they do, not what you think they might do. You can live in a free society or a safe society. You can't have both. Which do you prefer?

In the world you used to live in maybe. Fist fighting when I grew up was honorable sport I thought.

But today? You gotta be kidding me. With non stop talk about your gun rights and need to arm yourself, you think people just go looking for trouble without a gun? Knowing that the person you are looking for is probably, in this world today, armed. At 11:30 at night?

You would do that? (go to a gun fight with a ball bat) That would be foolish.

So you agree that people looking for trouble will look with or without a gun. So here is your solution. Don't go looking for trouble.

Having a gun doesn't always make you safer. She actually went looking for the suspect who would eventually shoot her dead. Would she have done this if she wasn't with her armed son? I really doubt it. And what was their intention of going out with her armed son looking for the suspect? Intimidate them? Or were they going to start shooting?

Having a seat belt won't always save your life in a crash. Wearing a heavy coat won't always keep you from freezing to death. Carrying water in the desert won't always keep you from dying of dehydration.

So?

In this case the gun got her killed. Nobody has died cause they carried water.
the gun didn't get her killed.

She went home after some guy cut her off got her son and a gun and then went out looking for trouble.

Her idiotic actions got her killed

It is the dirty underbelly of our second amendment rights

Irresponsible ownership

Correct. Gun nutters on here care nothing for responsible ownership of guns. It's all about ownership. Not responsible ownership.

This young man had a right to have a gun, He had a right to go out hunting trouble with his Mom.
What the young man didn't have was enough fucking common sense to say, Mom, let it go. No one was hurt. It's 11:30 at night and I am not taking my gun and going out looking for trouble with you.

Cause he was 22 years old with a gun. And plenty of testosterone and anger. And he was gonna "protect" his Mom from this terrible slight where no one was hurt.

Young men with guns have no common sense. And below the age of 30, they shouldn't be allowed to own a gun.

The gun "allowed" her?

Sorry but a gun is an inanimate object.

The fault here is on the woman who acted like a complete and utter moron

funny how most people with guns don't do what this idiot did isn't it

It is the dirty underbelly of our second amendment rights

Irresponsible ownership

Wait a minute here. Didn't you hear our dear leader Obama say yesterday that its not RELIGION but PEOPLE who are killing. Same thing here, its not the gun, it's the person who is responsible. Obama is finally getting a clue maybe

-Geaux

Forum List

Back