Vegas Mom Shot Dead Was Looking For Suspect

It had nothing to do with her owning a gun and everything to do with her being an idiot

Well the idiot part is clear. I don't think they would have had the courage to go looking for the suspect without the gun however. This is why you are more likely to be shot if you carry.

More likely than what?

I have had a carry permit for over 25 years and have never been shot

I'm glad you have not been shot. How many times have you pulled it on an armed person?
Never

Las Vegas Mom Tammy Meyers Went Looking for Suspect Before Road Rage Killing - NBC News

Having a gun doesn't always make you safer. She actually went looking for the suspect who would eventually shoot her dead. Would she have done this if she wasn't with her armed son? I really doubt it. And what was their intention of going out with her armed son looking for the suspect? Intimidate them? Or were they going to start shooting?

Having a seat belt won't always save your life in a crash. Wearing a heavy coat won't always keep you from freezing to death. Carrying water in the desert won't always keep you from dying of dehydration.

So?

In this case the gun got her killed. Nobody has died cause they carried water.

It had nothing to do with her owning a gun and everything to do with her being an idiot

Well the idiot part is clear. I don't think they would have had the courage to go looking for the suspect without the gun however. This is why you are more likely to be shot if you carry.

More likely than what?

I'm glad you have not been shot. How many times have you pulled it on an armed person?
Never

Well that's probably why.

More likely than what?

Never

Well that's probably why.

I also don't get strapped and go out looking for people who cut me off in traffic.

That is the main reason I have never been shot at.

IOW I am not an idiot

It is the dirty underbelly of our second amendment rights

Irresponsible ownership

Correct. Gun nutters on here care nothing for responsible ownership of guns. It's all about ownership. Not responsible ownership.

This young man had a right to have a gun, He had a right to go out hunting trouble with his Mom.
What the young man didn't have was enough fucking common sense to say, Mom, let it go. No one was hurt. It's 11:30 at night and I am not taking my gun and going out looking for trouble with you.

You know why the young man DIDN'T offer his Mom that sound advice?
Cause he was 22 years old with a gun. And plenty of testosterone and anger. And he was gonna "protect" his Mom from this terrible slight where no one was hurt.

Young men with guns have no common sense. And below the age of 30, they shouldn't be allowed to own a gun.

Having a party or both parties armed changes the equation of a confrontation

Having a gun in your pocket makes you less likely to back down. Each party having a gun makes a situation like we saw in the OP more likely to occur

Las Vegas Mom Tammy Meyers Went Looking for Suspect Before Road Rage Killing - NBC News

Having a gun doesn't always make you safer. She actually went looking for the suspect who would eventually shoot her dead. Would she have done this if she wasn't with her armed son? I really doubt it. And what was their intention of going out with her armed son looking for the suspect? Intimidate them? Or were they going to start shooting?

Having a seat belt won't always save your life in a crash. Wearing a heavy coat won't always keep you from freezing to death. Carrying water in the desert won't always keep you from dying of dehydration.

So?

In this case the gun got her killed. Nobody has died cause they carried water.

No. Bad judgment and the other guy's gun got her killed. Looking for a fight got her killed. Just as ignoring speed limits on the road will get you killed even if you wear your seat belt.

This is just a story of a dumb mistake, not a reason not to carry a gun.

Irresponsible ownership

Correct. Gun nutters on here care nothing for responsible ownership of guns. It's all about ownership. Not responsible ownership.

This young man had a right to have a gun, He had a right to go out hunting trouble with his Mom.
What the young man didn't have was enough fucking common sense to say, Mom, let it go. No one was hurt. It's 11:30 at night and I am not taking my gun and going out looking for trouble with you.

Cause he was 22 years old with a gun. And plenty of testosterone and anger. And he was gonna "protect" his Mom from this terrible slight where no one was hurt.

Young men with guns have no common sense. And below the age of 30, they shouldn't be allowed to own a gun.

Having a gun in your pocket makes you less likely to back down. Each party having a gun makes a situation like we saw in the OP more likely to occur

This was not a simple instance of 2 armed people having an argument.

The idiot woman who got herself dead went out after the fact with her son and a gun to track down some guy who cut them off in traffic.

SHe's dead because she was stupid not because she was armed

Irresponsible ownership

The idiot woman who got herself dead went out after the fact with her son and a gun to track down some guy who cut them off in traffic.

She went back to get her son and the gun. She did not tell him to leave it home

She wanted to escallate the situation and the gun allowed her to do it

And you are stupid BECAUSE you can't seem to figure out that IF her son had not been armed, she wouldn't have gone out looking for trouble. It was the GUN that gave her the NERVE to go looking for trouble. Period.

Just like it's a GUN that gives lots of people the idea that they can be assholes when they want cause they've got a gun.

Most of the people who feel that way are men under 30.

I fear there is even more to this story. Time will tell. Sad all around.

There is more to the story. What the shooter will claim is that they saw they were being followed, lost the car following them, found it again, followed the car to a house and when the shooter went to ask what the problem was, the son started shooting. The guy in the car returned fire killed the mom and went to find an attorney.

The shooter will claim self defense and walk. And who's to say it wasn't? Mom went looking for trouble. Found it, so it's won't be hard for a jury to believe the woman's son started firing first.

Typical gun nutter response.
An AZ gun nutter does something EXTREMELY stupid. And dies for it. Of course gun nutters don't want top talk about this.

Last I checked Las Vegas was in Nevada, not Arizona, but then what do I know? I only live here.

There is more to the story. What the shooter will claim is that they saw they were being followed, lost the car following them, found it again, followed the car to a house and when the shooter went to ask what the problem was, the son started shooting. The guy in the car returned fire killed the mom and went to find an attorney.

The shooter will claim self defense and walk. And who's to say it wasn't? Mom went looking for trouble. Found it, so it's won't be hard for a jury to believe the woman's son started firing first.

I would throw them all in jail for a long time

Police Vegas mom son searched for vehicle before shooting - SFGate
It just doesn't add up, if sfgate story is right. Now reading an updated story from nbc, that doesn't mention everything the sfgate story does, which story is really right with so-called facts? If nbc is, then it seems plausible. Reading the sfgate story creates more questions in my mind and mom is not here to tell us.

enquiring minds want to know.

And you are stupid BECAUSE you can't seem to figure out that IF her son had not been armed, she wouldn't have gone out looking for trouble. It was the GUN that gave her the NERVE to go looking for trouble. Period.

Just like it's a GUN that gives lots of people the idea that they can be assholes when they want cause they've got a gun.

Most of the people who feel that way are men under 30.

And you know that how?

Irresponsible ownership

You are assuming facts not in evidence. But even if you are correct, so what?

Police Vegas mom son searched for vehicle before shooting - SFGate
It just doesn't add up, if sfgate story is right. Now reading an updated story from nbc, that doesn't mention everything the sfgate story does, which story is really right with so-called facts? If nbc is, then it seems plausible. Reading the sfgate story creates more questions in my mind and mom is not here to tell us.

enquiring minds want to know.

There are plenty of people around to tell.

Irresponsible ownership

You are assuming facts not in evidence. But even if you are correct, so what?

So she had a chance to break off the confrontation and chose to escallate it

Having a gun will do that

Forum List

Back