Vegan Neighbors Offended By The Smell Of Cooking Meat

Do they have HOA’s (home owners association) Down Under?

It doesnt sound like it here

Otherwise its not such a laughing matter when Karens go on the warpath

They can wield enormous power over their neighbors

They're not nasty, they just get carried away is all.

Thank you! buttercup and CarlinAnnArbor should follow your example.

Actually I think that they're both conservative.

Lol I was being sarcastic because they follow their eating habits religiously.

Veganism is an ethical stance. It's not about health or any other thing people say it is about.

I went plant based for my health at first and then I embraced veganism because I don't want contribute to the cruelty that is factory farming,

And I find that it's not really people who stop eating meat that have the problem with it. People I have known for a long time started giving me shit about not eating meat anymore and seem pissed that I don't want them waving a piece of steak under my nose at a cookout.

Veganism is an ethical stance. It's not about health or any other thing people say it is about.

I went plant based for my health at first and then I embraced veganism because I don't want contribute to the cruelty that is factory farming,

And I find that it's not really people who stop eating meat that have the problem with it. People I have known for a long time started giving me shit about not eating meat anymore and seem pissed that I don't want them waving a piece of steak under my nose at a cookout.
I find that its vegans who always try to intervene in my lifestyle and preach to me about me being wrong by eating meat. You make your own choices and do whatever you want, I would never give advice to anyone unless someone asked for my opinion.

I find that its vegans who always try to intervene in my lifestyle and preach to me about me being wrong by eating meat. You make your own choices and do whatever you want, I would never give advice to anyone unless someone asked for my opinion.
Tell you what go vegan as an experiment and see the kind of shit your friends and family give you.

People I have known for a long time started giving me shit about not eating meat anymore and seem pissed that I don't want them waving a piece of steak under my nose at a cookout.

That isn't right either. Diet is a personal choice. You shouldn't be harassed whether you eat meat or just fruits and vegetables.

I don’t mind vegans. Eat what you want
Just when they show up at a BBQ and declare they won’t eat anything we prepared

Either let me know what you eat well in advance or bring your own vegan food

I don’t mind vegans. Eat what you want
Just when they show up at a BBQ and declare they won’t eat anything we prepared

Either let me know what you eat well in advance or bring your own vegan food

So you only serve meat, no salads, no grilled vegetables?

So you only serve meat, no salads, no grilled vegetables?
Baked beans have bacon
My wife makes macaroni salad with tuna
Vegans have some detailed complaints about mayo and other things

Just let me know well in advance and we can cook what you want

Thank you! buttercup and CarlinAnnArbor should follow your example.

You must've forgotten about post #21 where I made it clear that the people in the OP shouldn't have done that, and I also clearly stated that in a similar situation (in my own apartment!) I stayed in my room and didn't say anything.

So don't start being dishonest. Debating this issue and offering a different perspective is not the same thing as telling you what to do in your own house. If I did that, then quote the post, please.

YES! I'm so glad you brought up this point, because people on this thread reacting emotionally seem completely oblivious to any perspective other than their own.

I too have had meat-eaters give me a hard time about what I eat, and get mad at me or mock it....not because I had said or done anything... but just when they realize I'm vegan. In other words, simply existing in their presence sometimes brings on the crap from them.

And look at this thread. We've been called crazy, we've been called Dems or libs (which I find hilarious), we've been called nasty and all sorts of other hateful attacks, just for debating this issue. Don't get me wrong....I'm OK, I'm actually used to it by now. The reason I brought that up is to second what you said about it often being the other way around - meat eaters often give vegans a hard time. But of course that's not as much fun for them as a thread about an evil vegan family on the other side of the world who had a run-in with their neighbor. :lol:

Last edited:
If God didn’t want you to eat meat, he would not have made it taste so good

Actually, most of the time you have to add salt and seasonings for it to taste good. And those things you add to it are plantbased. ;)

Besides, by your logic you should want human meat on the menu, since people have said human meat tastes like pork.

d-Iz4-BYnt-N9.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, most of the time you have to add salt and seasonings for it to taste good. And those things you add to it are plantbased. ;)

Besides, by your logic you should want human meat on the menu, since people have said human meat tastes like pork.

d-Iz4-BYnt-N9.jpg
Not really

You only need heavy seasoning on poor cuts of meat.
On a good cut of meat, the less seasoning, the better
yum
1684437330217.jpeg

You must've forgotten about post #21 where I made it clear that the people in the OP shouldn't have done that, and I also clearly stated that in a similar situation (in my own apartment!) I stayed in my room and didn't say anything.

So don't start being dishonest. Debating this issue and offering a different perspective is not the same thing as telling you what to do in your own house. If I did that, then quote the post, please.

Oops, I really need to apologize to you as I totally forgot that you said that, but look, all the mocking stuff about vegans I say isn't directed towards you. It's like the LGBT stuff,.. when I have it crammed down my throat so far I start choking on it I lose my temper, but it isn't intentional. At least you're not calling me an evil person though for eating meat like CarlinAnnArbor was so I give you credit for that.

d-Iz4-BYnt-N9.jpg

Well there are such things as cannibals, but mostly those are the thoughts of carnivorous animals.

Vicious Elitists Growling About Nonsense

The two self-righteous wackos here are not extreme cases; they're just more open about their feelings of superiority to normal and sane people.
You say exactly what an abortion rights activist would say about someone who stands for innocent human life -- EXACTLY THE SAME. That's why your opinion and your personal attacks mean nothing to me.

You call someone who says it's wrong (and EVIL) to. TORTURE animals, "self-righteous wackos."

That says a whole lot more about YOU than it does me.

Oops, I really need to apologize to you as I totally forgot that you said that, but look, all the mocking stuff about vegans I say isn't directed towards you. It's like the LGBT stuff,.. when I have it crammed down my throat so far I start choking on it I lose my temper, but it isn't intentional.

I get where you're coming from. But pls keep in mind, you started this thread, not me or CarlinAnnArbor or BluesMan. And btw, I'm pretty sure you started another vegan-related thread recently, so it seems that you either want to debate this topic, or just stir the pot. lol ;) And if you look at threads I've started, I think there are probably only 2 or 3 threads in the last 3 years that are even related to this topic. Yes, I will debate it if someone else starts a thread on it. But your definition of "crammed down your throat" seems to be simply seeing people post the opposing view... and again, most of the time it is not us who are starting these threads, but other people. We're just replying and debating or discussing the topic.

Forum List

Back