Vegan mother is found guilty over death of 18-month-old son who weighed just 17lb when he died

Not really. Man as with gorillas and many big dinosaurs survived for millions of years eating nothing but berries, fruits, leaves, etc. There is nothing really in meat that one cannot get from a vegetable source. The main benefit to meat-eating is the energy DENSITY in that a little meat can go a long way in freeing up time for people to do other things than just gathering food.
Hmm. Maybe I can explain. There are herbivores that eat only plants. Some dinosaurs were herbivores. There are omnivores that will eat plants and meat. Even dinosaurs and simians. Chimpanzees arev omnivores. Carnivores only eat meat. Surprisingly there are birds that are Carnivores. All raptor birds are Carnivores. Cats are Carnivores. Dogs are Carnivores but the present day dogs do better with a partial omnivore diet.

Ya with me so far? Human beings are omnivores. We possess both cutting front teeth and flat grinding molars. Our bodies possess the ability to generate enzymes to digest both meat and plants.

A person might choose to consume a vegetarian diet and do quite well. It isn't good for children but adults make their own choices. Such a diet has to be more carefully regulated than a balanced diet, but whatever floats your boat. Just stop hysterical cheerleading because as you can see, people die on this diet. Especially children.

Hmm. Maybe I can explain. There are herbivores that eat only plants. Some dinosaurs were herbivores. There are omnivores that will eat plants and meat. Even dinosaurs and simians. Chimpanzees arev omnivores. Carnivores only eat meat. Surprisingly there are birds that are Carnivores. All raptor birds are Carnivores. Cats are Carnivores. Dogs are Carnivores but the present day dogs do better with a partial omnivore diet.

Ya with me so far? Human beings are omnivores. We possess both cutting front teeth and flat grinding molars. Our bodies possess the ability to generate enzymes to digest both meat and plants.

A person might choose to consume a vegetarian diet and do quite well. It isn't good for children but adults make their own choices. Such a diet has to be more carefully regulated than a balanced diet, but whatever floats your boat. Just stop hysterical cheerleading because as you can see, people die on this diet. Especially children.

It's not about facts. It's about demonizing people because they have some trait you feel that doesn't align with your politics.

You really think I don't know the difference? I've been vegan for 6 years, and guess what? I never get sick anymore. I used to get sick just as much as the next person. Nowadays, even when people around me get sick, I just don't. :dunno:

Dairy is actually not healthy, contrary to what most people think. Dairy is linked to certain types of cancer and other health issues, and it is completely unnecessary. You've been hoodwinked by industries who are all about making money.
Assuming you are an adult.... good for you. You made your own decisions are are happy with them.

Veganism isn't a diet, it's an ethical stance.

Technically, a person could eat nothing but Oreos every day and be "vegan" but that doesn't make that a "vegan diet," that would just be a fool not eating healthy food. A whole-food plant-based diet IS a very healthy diet, arguably the healthiest, as it's known for not only preventing disease but even reversing disease. There is ZERO need to eat dead bodies.

And it is idiotic. If a vegan diet were good for you, you wouldn't need to take supplements.

The Japanese have records of Budhist monks going back 2000 years. The average life expectancy for one on a vegan diet was 31. If they ate one egg a day, their life expectancy jumped to 51 years.

So much for the health advantages of your vegan diet.

I dismiss that as a country we should have to choose between two terrible choices. But that is off topic and has been discussed many times.

Trump may not be a great choice, but his ego-excursions do no real harm to the nation other than annoy the Left, which is probably exactly what he wants it to do. That said, in a system designed to EXCLUDE good, qualified better people, you have to go with the least of all evils and Trump is it. Maybe DeSantis or Tulsi Gabbard.

You don't get good candidates when every election is DRIVEN by MONEY, special interests, campaign contributions, and wholly dishonest advertising full of lies to TRICK the electorate into voting for THEIR guy.

Trump may not be a great choice, but his ego-excursions do no real harm to the nation other than annoy the Left, which is probably exactly what he wants it to do.

Ask McCain how that works out. (If you still could). If Trump hadn't had this crazy need to demean McCain, Obamacare would have ended.

There was absolutely no reason for Trump to do that. He just couldn't help himself.

That said, in a system designed to EXCLUDE good, qualified better people, you have to go with the least of all evils and Trump is it. Maybe DeSantis or Tulsi Gabbard.

You don't get good candidates when every election is DRIVEN by MONEY, special interests, campaign contributions, and wholly dishonest advertising full of lies to TRICK the electorate into voting for THEIR guy.

I refuse to vote for the lesser evil as even the lesser evil is still evil.

Ask McCain how that works out. (If you still could). If Trump hadn't had this crazy need to demean McCain, Obamacare would have ended.

There was absolutely no reason for Trump to do that. He just couldn't help himself.

I refuse to vote for the lesser evil as even the lesser evil is still evil.
Only you define who is evil?
.Trump Good. Trump has done more for the country than any other president

Only you define who is evil?
.Trump Good. Trump has done more for the country than any other president

I agreed with the idea that people get stuck voting for the lesser evil. Why didn't you question the one who posted that?

Assuming you are an adult.... good for you. You made your own decisions are are happy with them.
There are tons of vegans who have babies and children who are perfectly healthy and happy. I'd say much healthier than kids who eat the standard American diet (S.A.D. ) which is known for eventually causing the most common causes of death (heart disease, cancer, etc.)

Again, you guys have been hoodwinked by the industries who care only about making money.

I thought breast feeding took care of all nutritional requirements. Unless the mother is a vegan?

Not really. Man as with gorillas and many big dinosaurs survived for millions of years eating nothing but berries, fruits, leaves, etc. There is nothing really in meat that one cannot get from a vegetable source.
That's complete bullshit.

B12 is an essential nutrient. There is no B12 in berries, fruits, leaves etc. There are no vegetables that contain B12.

A B12 deficiency causes many health problems, including permanent brain damage.

What are the symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency?​

Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause physical, neurological and psychological symptoms. The symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency can develop slowly and can get worse over time. Some people may have no symptoms despite having a low level of vitamin B12 in their bodies. People with vitamin B12 deficiency can have neurological symptoms and/or damage without anemia (lack of red blood cells).
General physical symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency can include:
  • Feeling very tired or weak.
  • Experiencing nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
  • Not feeling as hungry as usual.
  • Weight loss.
  • Having a sore mouth or tongue.
  • Having yellowish skin.
Neurological symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency can include:
  • Numbness or tingling in your hands and feet.
  • Vision problems.
  • Having a hard time remembering things or getting confused easily.
  • Having a difficult time walking or speaking like you usually do.
  • If neurological problems develop from vitamin B12 deficiency, they may not be reversible.
Psychological symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency can include:
  • Feeling depressed.
  • Feeling irritable.
  • Experiencing a change in the way you feel and behave.

There are tons of vegans who have babies and children who are perfectly healthy and happy. I'd say much healthier than kids who eat the standard American diet (S.A.D. ) which is known for eventually causing the most common causes of death (heart disease, cancer, etc.)

Again, you guys have been hoodwinked by the industries who care only about making money.
You can make these decisions only for yourself and perhaps your children until you get caught. Like these parents got caught. Proselytizing to the unwilling gets you ignored as a zealot.

I know all that, Tipsy, I've intensely studied biology, anatomy, physiology, diet, dinosaurs, herbs, paleoanthropology and just about anything else related. I used to make and prescribe herbal medicines for people. You should read Prof. Arnold Erhert's book on Mucousless Diet where he explain VITALITY. Loss of vitality is what kills people, usually through constitutional obstructions, not eating or not eating meat.

We were herbivores before we gradually became omnivores. Being a carnivore like a dog only means that their alimentary track is set up enzymatically and bacteriologically to digest meat. No one dies due to the shape of their teeth. Children die of malnutrition not because of fruit, but for lack of calories. It is a quantitative matter of being underfed, not WHAT they ate.

Forum List

Back