Vacation Hell

Yikes! Glad you all got out of there ok. With a little embellishment, you have a pretty good movie script there.

Thank you. My wife wanted me to write a short story about the experience. I just want to forget about it, but at the same time the experience is still haunting me a bit.
You are a good writer, you should do it.

Lot of weird shit out in the boonies.
You were smart to be armed.

I go everywhere armed these days. If it's not local river people and their meth labs around where I grew up then it must be crazy cultist mountain men. I wonder how many guests have stayed up at that particular lodge, unarmed, thinking they were completely safe tucked in so far away from the rest of civilization in general. And I wonder who was watching them through those big bay windows while they went about their vacation fun.

People are territorial and you never know how they are going to react to strangers.
I carry a pistol everywhere, and I pack a long gun of some kind if I go anywhere outside my normal stomping grounds.
If I travel on my Harley, I can't take a long gun so I at least take a 22 pistol and a 100 or so rounds in addition to my glock.

You knew you had a trespasser so why didn't you call the local police?

The honest answer is we were out of state possibly in violation of lockdown/travel restrictions. Police involvement could have resulted in what . . . fines? A quarantine order.

Sorry, man, but I'm callin' bullshit. I don't believe a word of this.

Not calling the police because you were afraid you might be in violation of a lockdown order, while several masked men are essentially stalking you? You even had to hold a door forcibly closed on one of them?

Yeah, this is bullshit. It's a good story, but it's the product of a fertile imagination...

I believe the story, but I think the OP showed bad judgment thinking he could take on alone an unknown threat that was inside the house.

Great read but....and I apologize in advance....I don't believe it happened to you. I think its a great story but as your personal experience? Nah. You did way too many things wrong for being a military man. All this crap going on and you STAYED? Nope. Don't believe it. Sorry.

People are territorial and you never know how they are going to react to strangers.
I carry a pistol everywhere, and I pack a long gun of some kind if I go anywhere outside my normal stomping grounds.
If I travel on my Harley, I can't take a long gun so I at least take a 22 pistol and a 100 or so rounds in addition to my glock.

Truth is, in addition to my Glock 21, I packed three black rifles and a shit ton of ammo—and a single stage reloading press. Better to have a small arsenal and not need it than need a small arsenal and not have it.

The honest answer is we were out of state possibly in violation of lockdown/travel restrictions. Police involvement could have resulted in what . . . fines? A quarantine order.

Not calling the police because you were afraid you might be in violation of a lockdown order, while several masked men are essentially stalking you? You even had to hold a door forcibly closed on one of them?

Yeah, this is bullshit. It's a good story, but it's the product of a fertile imagination...

Thank you for the vote of confidence. However, every word is true. I even omitted certain further details which are more grim and troubling.

Thank you for the vote of confidence. However, every word is true. I even omitted certain further details which are more grim and troubling.

Yeah, whatever.

Like I said, it's a great story...

Truth is, in addition to my Glock 21, I packed three black rifles and a shit ton of ammo—and a single stage reloading press. Better to have a small arsenal and not need it than need a small arsenal and not have it.
A reloading press, too?
LOL, damn dude, calm down......

:cool:

I'm more of a travel light, keep moving, kind of guy. I'm not going to get into a protracted incident in someone else's territory, I ain't in a Forced Entry Unit like the 82d Airborne anymore, with all the combat support that comes with that. I'm going to be leaving immediately if something kicks off (or even just looks like it might), and I will be happy to shoot anyone that tries to stop me from doing so in the face. I don't see myself trying to defend any fixed position except my own land.

That being said, I can see how you wouldn't want to lose the money you invested in renting the place just because there was a little weirdness going on. The thing about being in a different area than usual is you don't generally know what "normal" is for that place...... something that seems weird to you or me may just be an every day thing somewhere else.
And that works in reverse too, sometimes the locals are wondering who and what the hell you are, showing up in their area.

Ultimately nothing happened. There was never a real threat. Whoever was smoking never did anything beyond that. The men in masks never did anything. No one was in the house at any time. No one was ever threatened.

Maybe the house is haunted and all you saw were spooks.

More and more scumbag assholes let loose courtesy of the gov.

What do you think was the intention of the masked men toward my wife and I? Did they just want to scare us out of there? Or did they actually want to harm us? Keep in mind the next party scheduled to rent the lodge cancelled their week's stay due to the blizzard. And who were the masked men?

You'll never know because you avoided them at every step. The fact that they didn't belong there, watched you clandestinely from afar and entered the property forcibly never announcing themselves, who they were or asked permission, so one can only assume the worst. Because of that, I would not have waited around for them to come to me, the first chance I got, I would have set up a trap in one of the places they frequented and turned the tables GOING AFTER THEM.

I'm strange in that when someone makes me in fear of my life, I go on the offensive and take the fight to them. I refuse to live in fear--- there would be several dead dudes up in those woods. Either dead or wishing they were.

AS to the owner, I'll never understand a couple things. He seemed to know something, he wanted you OUT of there. 2nd, how are you going to tell him NOW after you are gone? And explain to him you knew all this when he was there and all during your stay and said nothing? I think he knows who those people are just as I think there is more to the story you are not letting on. The strangers were from the area and knew the property and area well.

New Topics

Forum List

Back