Utah should be brought into the 21st Century

"As a former conservative you must know that taxes paid by businesses are merely "pass-thru" revenues which means consumers pay them in the form of higher prices. Good to see you admit to being all about higher business taxes and prices, Jake, and not pretending to be a conservative any longer."

:) You are a wannabee, aren't you? We built a small business from the ground up from East Texas to west Florida, and the younger members of the family are still very successful with it.

Your words "higher business taxes," son, not mine, and you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. You are right about that I am not a far right reactionary loony, and you are equally right about you not being mainstream Republican. Glad you admitted that.

"As a former conservative you must know that taxes paid by businesses are merely "pass-thru" revenues which means consumers pay them in the form of higher prices. Good to see you admit to being all about higher business taxes and prices, Jake, and not pretending to be a conservative any longer."

:) You are a wannabee, aren't you? We built a small business from the ground up from East Texas to west Florida, and the younger members of the family are still very successful with it.

Your words "higher business taxes," son, not mine, and you clearly have no idea what you are talking about...

As a long time commercial property developer in the Northeast I know exactly what I am talking about, Pops. Higher taxes, increased regulation and greater scrutiny resulted not in slimmer profit margins but rather in significantly higher real estate costs. Those higher costs are, in turn, passed on to consumers in the form of higher prices for goods and services. Clearly it is you who hasn't a clue about how or why businesses are run but here's a one-word hint: PROFIT.

We knew the game, and we have done very, very well.

You apparently did not.

Forum List

Back