Utah school district that banned Bible considers removing Book of Mormon

Schools shouldn’t ban the Bible, but the fact that we are talking about it is blowback from the insane right wing book banning spree.

There is no consistent conservative philosophy that wants to ban books about racism in history or gay individuals and not the Bible.
Like banning Huck Finn?

Is your faith centered on the Bible, or is it centered on Jesus Christ, Himself?
My faith is centered in Jesus Christ, Whom I would not have learned about and come to know without the Bible. I started seeking God's help when I was recovering from alcohol and drug abuse. About two years into my recovery, I prayed to God and asked that He reveal His truth. I asked Him what my purpose was and which path to take. I was led to a book store. I walked out with three books: “The Prophet” by Kahlil Gibran; “A Road Less Traveled” by M. Scott Peck; and the Holy Bible, King James Version.

I read “The Prophet” first and was inspired by it. It, of course, was based on Eastern Religion. I then read “A Road Less Traveled” and was even more inspired and directed towards the Christian religion. But I didn't really learn about Christ until I read the Bible cover to cover. I bought those books in or around 1986 and was baptized in a river near Grand Junction, CO in 1988.

So the Bible is key to my belief in Christ. For me, they go hand in hand.

My faith is centered in Jesus Christ, Whom I would not have learned about and come to know without the Bible. I started seeking God's help when I was recovering from alcohol and drug abuse. About two years into my recovery, I prayed to God and asked that He reveal His truth. I asked Him what my purpose was and which path to take. I was led to a book store. I walked out with three books: “The Prophet” by Kahlil Gibran; “A Road Less Traveled” by M. Scott Peck; and the Holy Bible, King James Version.

I read “The Prophet” first and was inspired by it. It, of course, was based on Eastern Religion. I then read “A Road Less Traveled” and was even more inspired and directed towards the Christian religion. But I didn't really learn about Christ until I read the Bible cover to cover. I bought those books in or around 1986 and was baptized in a river near Grand Junction, CO in 1988.

So the Bible is key to my belief in Christ. For me, they go hand in hand.
So when did you become a racist homophobic shit ?

It used racist language and liberals banned it.
I couldnt support that.
There is a mini uproar ovver Mice and men over here. Kids saying the language makes them feel uncomfortable. I havent read it so I cant comment.
My daughter read it when she did her exxams at 16. It didnt really affect her but then she is an intelligent person with educated parents..

With Huck Finn the language can be bad but Twains heart is in the right place.It would be impossible to teach American lit without reading the book.

If you look at Birth of a Nation the creators heart is not in the right place.Its just a racist polemic.

Thats the difference for me.

Banning the Bible isnt going to affect any kids. They are unlikely to read it anyway. But its just a tit for tat retaliation.
Time would be better spent protecting the books that kids should be reading. Like The Life of Rosa Paks.

The US descends further into ridicule. I know this is just retaliation for gop nazi bans but come on.
There are no banned books in this country.

ANYONE can read ANY book they want.

Why do idiots like you think government institutions are the only place to get books?

The whole “parental choice” movement believes they can use the school system to enforce their will on the entire community.

It’s insane.
Aren't the parents supporting those schools with their tax money? Are you saying that they have no say? Are you saying that YOU should be the only person forcing YOUR will on everyone in the entire community?

Aren't the parents supporting those schools with their tax money? Are you saying that they have no say? Are you saying that YOU should be the only person forcing YOUR will on everyone in the entire community?
I say let the professionals handle it.

It’s insane to give a bunch of morons veto power over school literature.

Where are all the missing links? Why aren't we witnessing evolution today, or why are chimps still chimps?

Where did life begin in evolution's timeline? No. Way too many unanswered questions to say that evolution is “rock solid.” It's certainly a rock solid “theory” but a long way from being “fact.”
The libraries will be open tomorrow and you may find the answers you seek. There`s a mountain of evidence to support Evolution but zero evidence of Adam and Eve. Churches that reject Evolution are the kind of churches where snakes are handled. :rolleyes:

ANYONE can read ANY book they want.

Why do idiots like you think government institutions are the only place to get books?
The right are banning books from schools. Banning ideas from colleges. Shutting down public libraries.

We see them for what they are.

The right are banning books from schools. Banning ideas from colleges. Shutting down public libraries.

We see them for what they are.

Why do you idiots think the only place to get a book is from a school?

Who needs to go to a brick and mortar library anymore?

Forum List

Back