Utah police: Man admits to killing wife, visiting in-laws

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
A Utah man killed his wife and her parents and then called police Friday to report and admit to the crime, authorities said.

Jeremy Bailey, 34, surrendered without incident at the family home in Layton, just north of Salt Lake City, police said.

The bodies of Bailey’s wife, Anastasia Stevens, 36; Becky Stevens, 61; and Donald Stevens, 73; were found inside the house.

Becky Stevens was Anastasia Stevens’ stepmother and Donald Stevens was her father. Becky and Donald Stevens lived in Nevada and were visiting Bailey and Anastasia Stevens, who were living at the home where the bodies were found, police said in a statement.

Motive and cause of death were still being investigated. Three of the family’s dogs also were killed.

Bailey couldn’t be reached for comment and had no attorney listed to comment on his behalf.

Layton is a city of about 82,000 people 20 miles (32 kilometers) north of Salt Lake City.

OIF.PlkdstnXry7H1xxSkuwv6A

Damn this feral animal even killed the dogs.

What was going on in Jeremy's life?

Did the wife wash his boxers with the towels?

A Utah man killed his wife and her parents and then called police Friday to report and admit to the crime, authorities said.

Jeremy Bailey, 34, surrendered without incident at the family home in Layton, just north of Salt Lake City, police said.

The bodies of Bailey’s wife, Anastasia Stevens, 36; Becky Stevens, 61; and Donald Stevens, 73; were found inside the house.

Becky Stevens was Anastasia Stevens’ stepmother and Donald Stevens was her father. Becky and Donald Stevens lived in Nevada and were visiting Bailey and Anastasia Stevens, who were living at the home where the bodies were found, police said in a statement.

Motive and cause of death were still being investigated. Three of the family’s dogs also were killed.

Bailey couldn’t be reached for comment and had no attorney listed to comment on his behalf.

Layton is a city of about 82,000 people 20 miles (32 kilometers) north of Salt Lake City.

OIF.PlkdstnXry7H1xxSkuwv6A

Damn this feral animal even killed the dogs.

What was going on in Jeremy's life?

Did the wife wash his boxers with the towels?

~~~~~~
Nah, she washed them with the fiberglass curtains.

People need to control the anger that others cause them to feel. Those others need to stop making others angry.

I got a bit angry when my grandmother-in-law allowed my five-year-old daughter to cheat at 'solitaire' card games, but I didn't kill her over it.

To this day my daughter doesn't believe that she has to play by the rules, and it has made a mess of her life. My daughter's 'twig' wasn't just bent, it was broken.

Last edited:
I wonder why white folks are unconcerned when someone white commits murder. It is more of them worried about how Hunter Biden is getting to court for a child support hearing.
Why would I care more about a White guy committing a murder than one committed by a Black guy or Asian guy or Hispanic guy?

He can tell us all about it on his way to the the Rock pile. He had his "reasons", I'm sure. And as a society, we have consequences...

Lack of empathy guides the path of the uncaring human to perilous pits.
Ok. Seem to be doing ok without needlessly worrying about events that do not concern me. A murder committed a 1000 of mile away from me by someone I dont know to people I dont know qualifies as events that dont concern me. There were 50 other murders that likely happened as well the same week. Are you worrying about them too? Is you life worse for not having a clue they even happened? Likely not.

I wonder why white folks are unconcerned when someone white commits murder. It is more of them worried about how Hunter Biden is getting to court for a child support hearing.
There are many men in prison for a fraction of what Hunter has done. And a percentage of them are African Americans. Even the simplest authoritarian abuse from police today causes resentment from people getting away with real crimes a thousand times worse. We are self-destructing as memories of personal humiliation do not go away until real justice is served. If a new government ever occurs the only positive is that many of the ones who abused others will be taken to task.

Ok. Seem to be doing ok without needlessly worrying about events that do not concern me. A murder committed a 1000 of mile away from me by someone I dont know to people I dont know qualifies as events that dont concern me. There were 50 other murders that likely happened as well the same week. Are you worrying about them too? Is you life worse for not having a clue they even happened? Likely not.
Yes, we get you have no empathy for others. You are emotionally flawed to the possible detriment of others.

It is good that you are honest about it.

Yes, we get you have no empathy for others. You are emotionally flawed to the possible detriment of others.

It is good that you are honest about it.

I dont think you understand what empathy means.

You cant worry about or have empathy for every misfortune that happens to every person on the planet. I can guarantee you don't, because it's impossible. Just because I can admit that I don't ACTUALLY care about some random person I don't know just means I'm honest, doesn't mean I lack empathy. Tell me why I should care about this story more than the other 50 stories of people who were murdered the same week this guy killed his family?

Forum List

Back