Utah High School Student Told To Cover Her Shoulders

Do you think this dress is too provocative for a high school prom?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
She should have brought a ruler to prove the dress complied with the restrictions.

What's the problem here? She looks fantastic in the dress.

jan29-gabi_638.jpg

High-Schooler Told to Cover Up for Exposing Her Shoulder

I had a hardcore principal 1988 no tank tops. No exceptions. I hated it because I had 18 inch guns back then.

Whats wrong with it? Nothing. But rules are rules. Without rules there's chaos. Lol

Her parents need to buy her a chastity belt...obviously the little white whore is planning to get on her back. Girls that dress like sluts...are sluts in reality. Her parents should be flogged.

jan29-gabi_638.jpg

If she covered her shoulders and exposed her boobs they would have given her an award for being "liberated."

Not in Utah.

I wouldn't have thought that they would suck up to the gay activists but that's exactly what they're doing so I guess they've become "enlightened" to the new age agenda.

More and more people will become accepting quite frankly because as more people come out to their families, families will call for more acceptance on the matter. Most people are protective of their family members and most people want their family members to be treated well in society.

I Know you don't like gay people, I am not sure why it bothers you so much. :dunno:

I don't give two hoots about queers one way or the other. It's the aggressive gay agenda and their insistence that I see homosexuality as somehow "normal" that I have a problem with. If they want to pass AIDS back and forth in the privacy of their own home I really couldn't care less.

The school rule book says straps MUST BE 2 inches wide at least and if they aren't a shaw or some kind of cover worn. She knew the rules she should have obeyed them.

Her dress doesn't appear too provocative to me, so why does Utah still cling to these old fashion strictness?
I think they are wrong for having embarrassed the young teen and made her feel ashamed for wearing such a beautiful and certainly respectable dress....

What's wrong with some people?

Utah girl, 15, forced to wear a coat to school dance because teachers felt THIS dress was indecent for showing too much shoulder

2520B1E100000578-0-image-a-1_1422413527375.jpg

Lone Peak girl had to wear coat to school dance as teachers felt dress was indecent Daily Mail Online

It looks good to me. The school rules are that shoulder straps must be at least two inches wide. Mother said she measured and the straps were two inches. The girl should have taken a ruler and a copy of the rules. Failing that, call mom to run over with said ruler and demand a formal apology.

jan29-gabi_638.jpg

If she covered her shoulders and exposed her boobs they would have given her an award for being "liberated."

Not in Utah.

I wouldn't have thought that they would suck up to the gay activists but that's exactly what they're doing so I guess they've become "enlightened" to the new age agenda.

More and more people will become accepting quite frankly because as more people come out to their families, families will call for more acceptance on the matter. Most people are protective of their family members and most people want their family members to be treated well in society.

I Know you don't like gay people, I am not sure why it bothers you so much. :dunno:

I don't give two hoots about queers one way or the other. It's the aggressive gay agenda and their insistence that I see homosexuality as somehow "normal" that I have a problem with. If they want to pass AIDS back and forth in the privacy of their own home I really couldn't care less.

LOL...of course you don't care....someone forced you to post three times about homosexuals in a thread that has nothing to do with homosexuals- because you don't care 'about queers'

Utah is about as idiotic as muslims insisting on hijabs or whatever the fuck they are called. Hell, why not just adopt covering utah women from head to toe like the middle east does and be done with it?

Her dress doesn't appear too provocative to me, so why does Utah still cling to these old fashion strictness?
I think they are wrong for having embarrassed the young teen and made her feel ashamed for wearing such a beautiful and certainly respectable dress....

What's wrong with some people?

Utah girl, 15, forced to wear a coat to school dance because teachers felt THIS dress was indecent for showing too much shoulder

2520B1E100000578-0-image-a-1_1422413527375.jpg

Lone Peak girl had to wear coat to school dance as teachers felt dress was indecent Daily Mail Online
Utah is 86% white, 62% Mormon, mostly Republican and very conservative. Lots of survivalists too. I've been there once. Not a place I would ever want to live. Suffocating is what I'd call it. Cold, mean and suffocating.

The Citadel, Idaho Survivalist Town Proposed By Gun Company, Looks To Break Tradition Of Failure..........A group of survivalists wants to build a giant walled fortress in the woods of the Idaho Panhandle, a medieval-style city where residents would be required to own weapons and stand ready to defend the compound if society collapses.
The Citadel Idaho Survivalist Town Proposed By Gun Company Looks To Break Tradition Of Failure

Last edited:
OMG, a dress code, how sexist and oppressive. I bet these rednecks don't even have a mandatory lgbt curriculum or body positive seminars for their students. What gives them the right?

A dress code is one thing.The dress the young lady is wearing would be proper in the 1950s. It is not provocative or suggestive in any way.

A dress code is one thing.The dress the young lady is wearing would be proper in the 1950s. It is not provocative or suggestive in any way.
Yea these hicks need to get with the times. I am pretty sure the US fought World War Two for the right to abolish school dress codes. Didn't Martin Luther King have a section about permitting two inch shoulder straps in his "I have a dream speech"?

If this isn't oppression, I don't know what is. Can legal charges be filed?

Yea these hicks need to get with the times. I am pretty sure the US fought World War Two for the right to abolish school dress codes. Didn't Martin Luther King have a section about permitting two inch shoulder straps in his "I have a dream speech"?

Your post is just totally idiotic. Get a life. My God! You are bringing in gay and lesbians into this discussion, WWII, MLK....you're sound like a nut case. Say something sensible. Are you 80? Do you think young girls in 2015 should dress like they did 65 years ago? Do you dress like men did in the 50s? Do you wear slacks, a white shirt, and a suit coat every day? Because that is what most men wore in the 50s.

I agree with the prevailing attitude of our times. It isn't anyone's business if two homosexuals adopt young children, they are no different than a man and a woman. However, we need humanitarian intervention by the state in the issue of high school dress codes. It IS society's business there.

The first time I drove out west, I was on Highway 50 (the loneliest road in America), and crossed over into Utah from Colorado. At the border there was a sign that said "Utah, it's still just right". And someone had written at the end in red paint "wing". That just about sums it up. Wish I had taken a photograph of it. :)

Your post is just totally idiotic. Get a life. My God! You are bringing in gay and lesbians into this discussion, WWII, MLK....you're sound like a nut case. Say something sensible. Are you 80? Do you think young girls in 2015 should dress like they did 65 years ago? Do you dress like men did in the 50s? Do you wear slacks, a white shirt, and a suit coat every day? Because that is what most men wore in the 50s.
LOL. I like how you treat political and moral issues like it is a fashion trend. "OMG dress codes are SOOO 1950". Yea, what a convincing case.

Why don't you tell me more?

LOL. I like how you treat political and moral issues like it is a fashion trend. "OMG dress codes are SOOO 1950". Yea, what a convincing case.

I did not say a word about dress codes being passe. I said that the dress in question is suitable for 65 years ago. Don't put words in my mouth. As the OP stated in the thread title, the dress code in this case is BACKWARD, goes back to the 50s, which is ridiculous 65 years later. And you think what a woman wears is a political and moral issue?

Presumably, you are one of those backward men who think women should not have a say in what they wear, which definitely makes you passé.

I did not say a word about dress codes being passe. I said that the dress in question is suitable for 65 years ago. Don't put words in my mouth. As the OP stated in the thread title, the dress code in this case is BACKWARD, goes back to the 50s, which is ridiculous 65 years later. And you think what a woman wears is a political and moral issue? You are one of those backward men who think women should not have a say in what they wear, presumabley.
You liberal self-righteous busybodies were the ones that made it a political and moral issue by suggesting clearly defined dress codes are, "OMG sexism, what a setback for women's rights! we aren't sex objects, something must be done!".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back