Dogs Set Onto Norfolk State Student, London Colvin for Refusing to Assist Police Officers

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
London-Colvin-Norfolk-State-11-640x332.png

A student at Norfolk State University (NSU) , a historically black college or university (HBCU) in Norfolk, Virginia, allegedly was attacked by police dogs after refusing to offer information to police officers regarding a fight.

NSU student London Colvin refused to answer questions about a fight that she was not involved in when police officers set dogs onto her.

Two police officers also sat on Colvin while the dogs brutally bit and attacked her, according to eyewitnesses.

“We want this to be publicized,” Kayla Cook, a Junior and Tourism and Hospitality major at Norfolk State University, told HBCU Buzz.

“We want the word out about this. The police told her that she took the dogs better than other people have before. We don’t know how many people the officers have attacked before [this incident],” she said.

UPDATE: London Colvin, a 21-year-old Norfolk State student and private in the Army Reserve is now recovering from injuries suffered when attacked by a police dog, reportssay.

From Potomac Local, “Colvin was at the scene of a fight 2:15 a.m. Sunday, at an off-campus party near Norfolk State University, in Norfolk, where Colvin is a second-semester junior and Sociology major.”

The incident occurred when Norfolk police approached Colvin regarding an off-campus fight.

“She was at a party off campus,” Whitney Dunn, the victim’s cousin, told Potomac Local. “She said that a fight broke out, and she had nothing to do with the fight.”

“She [Colvin] was definitely being loud – she did admit to that,” Dunn said.

According to Potomac Local, the NSU student had to get 40 stitches and received “close several non-life threatening wounds” on her leg in result to the violent attack.

Eyewitnesses also say two police officers sat on Colvin while police dogs were set onto her.

UPDATE: According to Media Relations officials at NSU, NSU’s Vice-President for Student Affairs Edward M. Willis released a statement today about NSU student Colvin:

“We are aware of the incident involving one of our students this past weekend. Our main concern, as it would be with any student, is Ms. Colvin’s well-being, safety, as well as supporting her academic pursuits.” The nature of her involvement with law enforcement is a separate issue and all questions should be referred to the Norfolk Police Department.”

Dogs Set Onto Norfolk State Student London Colvin for Refusing to Assist Police Officers HBCU Buzz

Hmmm. So cops asked her about an off campus fight. She says "I dont know anything about it". The cops then release the hounds on her.

Why do I feel like this isnt the whole story....

Norfolk Police Chief Force against NSU student was unreasonable

WOOOHOO!!!! YOU FINALLY DID IT FINALLY FOUND A REAL LIVE CASE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE!!!

The Norfolk Police chief reviewed it and determined the force was excessive. Discipline of the officer is pending.

Congrats. You found one finally!!! You should celebrate!!! So much for that supposed blue wall of silence. When a cop is wrong...legitimately wrong...that department will almost always toss his ass to the curb.

Hopefully a bullet finds the brains of each of the officers involved.

Ive just reported your threat to the FBI field office. Hope you get charged like several others have.
Thats like the second time you've reported me. Do they give you a "atta boy" or do they send you money?

Nope. Just doing my civic duty to report threats. People like you belong locked in a cage. This is your second one. Local FBI may take a harder look now.

WOOOHOO!!!! YOU FINALLY DID IT FINALLY FOUND A REAL LIVE CASE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE!!!

The Norfolk Police chief reviewed it and determined the force was excessive. Discipline of the officer is pending.

Congrats. You found one finally!!! You should celebrate!!! So much for that supposed blue wall of silence. When a cop is wrong...legitimately wrong...that department will almost always toss his ass to the curb.
They just admitted this one. Must have been too many witnesses to sweep it under the rug.

Ive just reported your threat to the FBI field office. Hope you get charged like several others have.
Thats like the second time you've reported me. Do they give you a "atta boy" or do they send you money?

Nope. Just doing my civic duty to report threats. People like you belong locked in a cage. This is your second one. Local FBI may take a harder look now.
Yeah I'm shaking in my boots! :laugh:

Youre a dumbass. You belonged locked in an asylum with the other retards that think cops are saints.

Hmmm. So cops asked her about an off campus fight. She says "I dont know anything about it". The cops then release the hounds on her.

Nothing is ever "the whole story". Nothing

They just admitted this one. Must have been too many witnesses to sweep it under the rug.

Ummm....no. The cop was wrong. As I said...when one is legitimately wrong the department will do the right thing. They are human. Which means bad ones inevitably exist.

You must be experiencing the happiest day of your pathetic life!!! Your weeks of searching finally found a true bad apple!

Yeah but look how you started:

The way you always do....

Youre a dumbass. You belonged locked in an asylum with the other retards that think cops are saints.

Nah you wouldnt be worried. Your a subhuman animal. Which is why I hope they lock you up like they did the other people making threats to cops online. May take a while..but they'll get around to ya. Lots of idiots to get to out there.

Police took Colvin to the hospital for treatment and charged her with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest after she was released.

Just awesome man...Sic the dog on her then charge her with a crime

I live in the Hampton Roads area - not too far from where the incident took place. The Chief of Police has already apologized for the incident and said the force was unwarranted. The student admitted that she was not cooperative and upset. She had no complaints about being tackled and handcuffed...her issue is they letting the dog attack her.

Yeah but look how you started:

The way you always do....

Well...it wasnt. She became disorderly in public. Was arrested. ..and resisted arrest (go figure...as usual).

But then...the cops went wrong and let the dog go. Unacceptable and they must pay the penalty.

Nah you wouldnt be worried. Your a subhuman animal. Which is why I hope they lock you up like they did the other people making threats to cops online. May take a while..but they'll get around to ya. Lots of idiots to get to out there.
Youre a monkey. Why would I be worried? I thought you claimed you were a cop? You must have been a retarded one to think I threatened anyone. The reason there will be no cops coming to me is because they definitely dont want to deal with my attorney.

Forum List

Back