USMB conservatives cite the NYT as source for Trump-Tower wiretap claim. Three fact-checkers debunk

Ted Frazier

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2016
If you frequent this board you may have read more than one Trump supporter claim that the Trump Tower wiretap claim made by Donald Trump is true because the New York Times said so in an article.
As pointed out by liberals in this board, the independent fact-checking website Politifact just noted that USMB conservatives are full of it. Link
1cwocxx.png

The Washington Post fact-checked this BS too: About that N.Y. Times wiretapping piece: Trump has it wrong

Also, factcheck.org weighs in: Examining Trump’s Wiretap Claim

• A New York Times story on steps taken by the Obama administration that would allow the National Security Agency “to share globally intercepted personal communications with the government’s 16 other intelligence agencies before applying privacy protections.” This story, which ran Jan. 12, has nothing to do with the alleged wiretapping of Trump Tower, but rather how intelligence material is shared.

I politely request that right-wingers in this board stop making stuff up. Thanks.

If you frequent this board you may have read more than one Trump supporter claim that the Trump Tower wiretap claim made by Donald Trump is true because the New York Times said so in an article.
As pointed out by liberals in this board, the independent fact-checking website Politifact just noted that USMB conservatives are full of it. Link
1cwocxx.png

The Washington Post fact-checked this BS too: About that N.Y. Times wiretapping piece: Trump has it wrong

• A New York Times story on steps taken by the Obama administration that would allow the National Security Agency “to share globally intercepted personal communications with the government’s 16 other intelligence agencies before applying privacy protections.” This story, which ran Jan. 12, has nothing to do with the alleged wiretapping of Trump Tower, but rather how intelligence material is shared.

I politely request that right-wingers in this board stop making stuff up. Thanks.

Like dodging sniper fire.

• Banned
1cwocxx.png

I forced you to admit that Trump is full of shit. Your hands are tied now. If any Trump lover denies that Trump lied, you have to call them out. Your comment also prevents you and other Trump lovers from pretending that Politifact is biased, since Politifact says (correctly) that Hillary made up the sniper fire thing, just like Trump made up the wiretap thing: Trump calls out Clinton on her debunked Bosnia sniper story

Your comment was gold. Thanks!

1cwocxx.png

/---- In a totally unrelated topic: BREAKING -- NSA DOCUMENTS PROVE SURVEILLANCE OF DONALD TRUMP & HIS FAMILY
Bombshell discovery shows targets of NSA's "Project Dragnet"
Jerome Corsi | Infowars.com - MARCH 20, 2017

• Banned
1cwocxx.png

/---- In a totally unrelated topic: BREAKING -- NSA DOCUMENTS PROVE SURVEILLANCE OF DONALD TRUMP & HIS FAMILY

As your buddy Jimmy the right-winger noted above, both Trump and Hillary both lied (Wiretap, sniper), so Jimmy is hereby summoned to remind you that Alex Jones is not a source and you're spreading BS.

1cwocxx.png

I forced you to admit that Trump is full of shit. Your hands are tied now. If any Trump lover denies that Trump lied, you have to call them out. Your comment also prevents you and other Trump lovers from pretending that Politifact is biased, since Politifact says (correctly) that Hillary made up the sniper fire thing, just like Trump made up the wiretap thing: Trump calls out Clinton on her debunked Bosnia sniper story

Your comment was gold. Thanks!

You sound very butt hurt.

Sad really.

1cwocxx.png

As your buddy Jimmy the right-winger noted above, both Trump and Hillary both lied (Wiretap, sniper), so Jimmy is hereby summoned to remind you that Alex Jones is not a source and you're spreading BS.

Where did I say Trump lied?

Please quote it cupcake?

1cwocxx.png

WaPo = fake news.

duh

1cwocxx.png

Stop by my house and try to summon me fruit loop.

Either one of two things happened here.

A.) The NYT and others reported accurately about FISA warrants, wiretapped communications and surveillance of Trump and associates in connection with Russia. Confirming Trump's allegation and turning up absolutely no evidence.

OR...

B.) The NYT and others have been reporting "Fake News" the past 5 months in collusion with the Democrat Party in an attempt to disparage and impugn the integrity of President Trump.

So you can take your pick of which one is true. It really doesn't matter at this point. It is also possible that BOTH are true to some degree but it's impossible for neither of these to be true. The ink is on the paper, the hard copies exist. You can spin and obfuscate, change topics and stall... you can't escape facts.

A.) The NYT and others reported accurately about FISA warrants, wiretapped communications and surveillance of Trump and associates in connection with Russia. Confirming Trump's allegation and turning up absolutely no evidence.

OR...

B.) The NYT and others have been reporting "Fake News" the past 5 months in collusion with the Democrat Party in an attempt to disparage and impugn the integrity of President Trump.

So you can take your pick of which one is true. It really doesn't matter at this point. It is also possible that BOTH are true to some degree but it's impossible for neither of these to be true. The ink is on the paper, the hard copies exist. You can spin and obfuscate, change topics and stall... you can't escape facts.
You didn't mention the Trump Tower, Trump or Obama once in your comment. Trump said "my phones" were wiretapped in the Trump Tower. Stop dancing around his comment. Was it true or not?

1cwocxx.png

Please quote it cupcake?

* crickets *

1cwocxx.png

Please quote it cupcake?
You said Trump's wiretap was "like" Hillary's sniper fire lie. Stop playing dumb about what you typed today.

1cwocxx.png

Please quote it cupcake?
You said Trump's wiretap was "like" Hillary's sniper fire lie. Stop playing dumb about what you typed today.

Please quote what I said not what you wish I said or your BH interpretation.

Same as fake news - fake posts

You didn't mention the Trump Tower, Trump or Obama once in your comment. Trump said "my phones" were wiretapped in the Trump Tower. Stop dancing around his comment. Was it true or not?

At this point, I think nit picking semantics is kind of silly and childish. Especially given that both he and his press secretary have repeatedly clarified his remarks. If you insist on myopically focusing on the technicality of whether his wording was accurate to the letter in his original tweets, that's fine... score one point for you! Give yourself a cookie or whatever snowflakes give themselves for being correct about something. But then we need to take a serious grown-up look at what actually went down.

1cwocxx.png

Guess they missed the NYT story on wiretapping on Jan 20.

OR...

^ this squared!

1cwocxx.png

Please quote it cupcake?

Please quote what I said not what you wish I said or your BH interpretation.

Same as fake news - fake posts
Stop playing dumb. We all know we are referring to the first reply to my thread.

Forum List

Back