USMB Coffee Shop IV

To me orlando seems like just a regular town any where. I have some good memories of it. Tampa at one time was a rough place but they cleaned it up as is really nice the fishing and wild life has come back to the bay.. My home town is growing quick and I am afraid it may turn into a town no one wants to visit if not managed properly. Miami is nice if your wealthy for the rest of us I suggest carrying a fire arm :) . Other towns mentioned are nice but not great. Except for the weather.

To me orlando seems like just a regular town any where. I have some good memories of it. Tampa at one time was a rough place but they cleaned it up as is really nice the fishing and wild life has come back to the bay.. My home town is growing quick and I am afraid it may turn into a town no one wants to visit if not managed properly. Miami is nice if your wealthy for the rest of us I suggest carrying a fire arm :) . Other towns mentioned are nice but not great. Except for the weather.
I lived in Green Cove Springs back in 1968-69 when my dad was doing his one year tour in Nam. Haven't been back since.

I lived in Green Cove Springs back in 1968-69 when my dad was doing his one year tour in Nam. Haven't been back since.
Green Cove Springs .Right on the St. Johns River. Spent a lot of my life going up and down on it in john boats and Rafts. Had an uncle in Viet nam at that time your father was there. He came back all shot up hope your father faired better.

Green Cove Springs .Right on the St. Johns River. Spent a lot of my life going up and down on it in john boats and Rafts. Had an uncle in Viet nam at that time your father was there. He came back all shot up hope your father faired better.
Yeah but he did have one close call. He hopped in a Huey headed somewhere, they needed a door gunner so he took the position. A little while later he said there was a bright flash in front of him and he was blown backwards onto the floor. His first thought was "am I dead?", he then looked down and saw his flack jacket was shredded but he was unharmed.

I just finished reading through some of the thread OPs upstairs........... Just when I thought they couldn't get any nuttier.......... WOW!!!!

It's nice having an island of sanity that's the CS in an ocean of insanity.
Guessing it has something to do with logistics system seizing up due to lack of help and equipment

Went out to Founders Ranch today, shot my Polish P64, Zastava M57 and my new SAR 9. Had to buy a membership but it was only $75 for one year with a $10 (per use) range fee. It was hot out but I brought cold water with me, still was pretty tired after an hours shooting, switching out targets, checking targets and policing my brass. Other than some ejection issues with the new SAR 9 everything went well and I had fun.

No, are you trying to kill him. Get the mono-clonol antibodies. That's the stuff Trump got. That stuff will keep you off the ventilator.
Ivermectin was approved for humans long ago. It's far more safe for treating covid than the poison mRNA clot shot.

Trump got Regeneron and Remdesivir.

Last edited:
Ivermectin was approved for humans long ago. It's far more safe for treating covid than the poison mRNA clot shot.

Trump got Regeneron and Remdesivir.

Yes and Trump and his entire family also got the vaccine.

Nearly everyone I know has gotten the vaccine - we're 80% vaccinated here. I haven't heard a single first hand story or account from anyone I know in real life, or on any of the multiple social media sites I belong to who had an really adverse reaction to the vaccine. Not one.

I have a 5 grandchildren under the age of 12, one of whom I haven't even met yet, none of whom can be vaccinated. I don't want to spread the crud to any of these precious little ones - asthma and allergies run in the family giving them all the potential for underlying conditions, and I fear these little school age darlings because every time I spend time with them during the school year, I get a cold or the flu. So I feel much safer being around them now that they're returning to school.

I cannot express to you the feeling of relief I have knowing that I'm vaccinated, not just because I'm high risk, but at my age, all of my friends have some sort of underlying condition, too. Knowing that if I do get the crud now, I'm unlikely to need to be hospitalized or die. Making plans to go to a Blue Jays game. That's MY definition of "freedom".

I just finished reading through some of the thread OPs upstairs........... Just when I thought they couldn't get any nuttier.......... WOW!!!!

It's nice having an island of sanity that's the CS in an ocean of insanity.

Thank you. I wondered if I was the only one who ventured out on the other forums and found so much that, if not offensive, is so ignorant or foolish it is truly a waste of time. I do very VERY occasionally comment in an unusually intelligent thread, but that is oh so very rare anymore. I have wondered from time to time whether we should relax our few rules in here and maybe generate more discussion? And then I look at those other forums and think, no. I don't think so. :)

Thank you. I wondered if I was the only one who ventured out on the other forums and found so much that, if not offensive, is so ignorant or foolish it is truly a waste of time. I do very VERY occasionally comment in an unusually intelligent thread, but that is oh so very rare anymore. I have wondered from time to time whether we should relax our few rules in here and maybe generate more discussion? And then I look at those other forums and think, no. I don't think so. :)
Sometimes it makes me wonder if people are actually that absurd or simply being outrageous just to get a rise out of others. Sadly I suspect the former.........

1631311160352.png

Sometimes it makes me wonder if people are actually that absurd or simply being outrageous just to get a rise out of others. Sadly I suspect the former.........
I agree that is the case much of the time. And some I think some use this website just to vent and spew what they think or feel and/or act out being bad/cruel/obscene/hateful/punitive when they don't dare do that in real life where people know who they are.

I see snap caps and ammo boxes/cans but no real ammo. :dunno:
Okay--also to 007 --I have to do a mea culpa here. I could have sworn Hombre got the ammo he bought recently through Amazon but he says no. I just checked and saw the same stuff on Amazon that you're seeing. I asked him about it and he said no. He got the limited supply of ammo he brought some months ago from a dealer here in town but one apparently no longer in business. A small shop across from a barber he went to. So I stand corrected. My bad.

1631311726305.png

For those who possibly read and remember I was bragging about being a grandpa again... Well for some reason God decided he needed that little baby with him in heaven... My DIL had a miscarriage... She is physically ok and life will return to normal, just with a little hole in our hearts...

Hello all. Just dropped in to say hey.:) I am riding out the southern end of a tropical storm that blew in from the gulf. Commenting on a post here. Orlando is my home town , I often wonder why people see it as one of the most beautiful cities.
All those fun parks and flowers everywhere all year long? I think of Orlando as a jewel in America's crown. A lot of famous people lived in Florida in the Twentieth Century as they grew older and they tended to get well in a state that harvested produce of every nutrient mentioned in a thousand nutrition texts! And Orlando's location puts it a reasonably close drive to a lot of celebrity museums not to mention peerless universities that specialize in marine life. Hopefully, they will become a world ecology center to motivate every country that can to pitch in cleaning up the plastics that accumulated since WwII ended and plastics were developed as throwaways that unfortunately get tossed off cruise ships and for a while, some big cities sent their overflowing landfill trash out to seas and oceans worldwide until ecologists started worrying themselves sick about whales dying and other fish too that used to feed the planet. Oh, pardon me for getting away from the Orlando onto my little prayer ritual of asking God to help us clean up the oceans....

View attachment 537606
For those who possibly read and remember I was bragging about being a grandpa again... Well for some reason God decided he needed that little baby with him in heaven... My DIL had a miscarriage... She is physically ok and life will return to normal, just with a little hole in our hearts...
Prayers up for the Ridgerunner clan. Your DIL and your son are on my prayer list.

Forum List

Back