USMB Coffee Shop IV

DSC_4177ps.jpg

My granddaughter Laylah was awarded Summa Cum Laude at her high school with a 4.94 GPA.
She also has received a full ride scholarship to attend the University of Florida, which is the top state university and the hardest to get into.
Yea, I'm bragging, but I can't help it. ... :cool:
Congratulations to Layla for her scholarship. And thank you for bragging on someone who worked rather hard. May her life bring others health, joy, and a long, full life ahead.

View attachment 486749

Fort Worth Botanical Gardens.
Oh we went there when my late husband took us to his 50th class reunion at Paschal High in Ft. Worth, some time back. I love your flower pictures. The grasshopper is truly a beautiful creature with patterns I never noticed before when thinking bad thoughts about grasshoppers eating the vegetables up one Wyoming summer.... Your grasshopper touched my heart.

Last edited:
Received a call from the Assisted living home where (Pre-Covid) I would volunteer my time and ceramic supplies and teach a class every two weeks. They are inviting me to once again start teaching, and of course volunteering. Looks like I'll start again in June....
Lucky ceramic students!
:thup:

I have a question for you though, SFC Ollie. It seems some porcelain products are used to make coffee cups that have cool handles when you remove them from a microwave oven. Can a ceramics kiln and the right mold produce cool handles with the right kind of clay? I guess that sounds like a stupid question, but back when my mother's best friend and she made ceramics there was no such thing as a microwave oven.

Forum List

Back