USA's biggest secret- Dems were filibuster proof for only FIVE months

Pubs couldn't filibuster ONLY from 7/8/2009 ( Al Franken seated) till 1/2010 (Scott Brown seated). Amazing Pubs get away with saying two years ALL the time. Granted ALL pubs are either liars or brainwashed, but what is wrong with Dems and the media?

uhmmm, you need to a) read up on critical thinking, b) read up on senatorial rules and VOTING calculus, c) get your dates right- from April 2009, when Spector flipped till the day Scott Brown was sworn in.................oh and that was Feb. 4th btw...;).How many months is that?

I will however give you a rep. for being one of the very very few from the left side of the number line to admit as much in the open.

Last edited:
Quite a bit, actually.

Too bad none of it will ever see the light of day as it all continues to stack up on Harry Reid's desk

:eusa_shhh:

A true leader knows how to get legislation passed. You do not do it by loading legislation with poison pills designed to play to the radical right

Boehner is a failure as speaker. His record pales by comparison to Nancy Pelosi. His legacy will be....I accomplished nothing

Then tell Harry Reid to put them up for a vote, if he's a "true leader".

It's not Boehner's fault there's not enough in unabated spending in the House bills

That is not how Congress works. To get your bill through, you have to be willing to compromise and develop a middle ground.

If Boehner were a true leader he would be working with BOTH parties to pass much needed legislation

You give me spending cuts here and I will give you tax increases there
You agree to something I want and I will agree to something you want

The only leadership Boehner knows is to threaten to shut down government if he doesn't get his way

But Dems passed all of Obama's Agenda including Failed Stimulus, ObamaCare and FinReg, right?

Sorry but they did have a Super Majority and did preside over the worst U.S. Congress in History. That's just fact. Not liking fact doesn't mean it's not fact. The Democrats were a horrific failure. I understand a fellow Democrat is never going to admit this but it is true.

That congress managed to pass the first comprehensive healthcare plan in our history, TARP, Economic Stimulus, Repealed DADT, ratified START, financial reforms....all with Republicans whining and dragging their feet all the way

Significant legislative accomplishment

What has the John Boehner Congress accomplished?

part of which they already cancelled on their own because they admit it was poorly designed...

yup. Hang your hat on that, bub. :rofl:

That congress managed to pass the first comprehensive healthcare plan in our history, TARP, Economic Stimulus, Repealed DADT, ratified START, financial reforms....all with Republicans whining and dragging their feet all the way

Significant legislative accomplishment

What has the John Boehner Congress accomplished?

Quite a bit, actually.

Too bad none of it will ever see the light of day as it all continues to stack up on Harry Reid's desk

:eusa_shhh:

A true leader knows how to get legislation passed. You do not do it by loading legislation with poison pills designed to play to the radical right

Boehner is a failure as speaker. His record pales by comparison to Nancy Pelosi. His legacy will be....I accomplished nothing

Which explains why Obama's jobs bill that had to be passed right away, was killed by Reid in the Senate.

Pubs couldn't filibuster ONLY from 7/8/2009 ( Al Franken seated) till 1/2010 (Scott Brown seated). Amazing Pubs get away with saying two years ALL the time. Granted ALL pubs are either liars or brainwashed, but what is wrong with Dems and the media?

uhmmm, you need to a) read up on critical thinking, b) read up on senatorial rules and VOTING calculus, c) get your dates right- from April 2009, when Spector flipped till the day Scott Brown was sworn in.................oh and that was Feb. 4th btw...;).How many months is that?

I will however give you a rep. for being one of the very very few from the left side of the number line to admit as much in the open.

Wrong AGAIN. Arlen gave them 59 votes. From Huffpo report 4/28/09:

The move will give Democrats a filibuster-proof 60 vote majority in the Senate, presuming Minnesota's Al Franken is eventually seated. However, in his statement Specter said his opposition to the Employee Free Choice Act -- widely seen as a defense against a Republican primary challenge -- will not change.

Arlen Specter Switching Parties From Republican To Democrat
Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Penn.) is becoming a Democrat. "I have decided to run for re-election in 2010 in the Democratic primary," said Specter in a statement ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/28/arlen-specter...

Franken FINALLY seated 7/7/09....

Last edited:
be right back
I'm back

Why do you post before you do research? You know this can verified. It's so fucking easy to see that you are either stupid or a liar.
From 2001 until 2003

Senate
Democrats 50
Republicans 50

House
Democrats 212
Republicans 221

From 2003 until 2005
Senate
Democrats 48
Republicans 51
Independent 1

House
Democrats 205
Republicans 229
Other 1

From 2005 until 2007
Senate
Democrat 44
Republican 55
Independent 1

House
Democrats 202
Republicans 231
Other 1
vacant 1

2007 until 2009
Senate
Democrats 49
Republicans 49
Indenpdent 2

House
Democrat 233
Republican 198
Vacant 4

2009 until 2011
Senate
Democrats 57
Republicans 41
Independent 2

House
Democrats 256
Republican 178
Composition of Congress, by Political Party, 1855

Too add
Congress was sworen in when? Jan. 2009
Ted Kennedy death was when? August 25, 2009 So thats 8 months of a super majority
He was replaced by Paul Kirk Jr until a special election could be completed on Jan 19 2010. So thats one years of democratic super majority. obama care was voted for while there was a super majority.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/franken-gives-democrats-super-majority-1726208.html
Franken gives Democrats 'super majority'
http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics/2009/July/Franken-Victory-Gives-Senate-Dems-Super-Majority/
Franken Victory Gives Senate Dems Super Majority

Last edited:
be right back
I'm back

Why do you post before you do research? You know this can verified. It's so fucking easy to see that you are either stupid or a liar.
From 2001 until 2003

Senate
Democrats 50
Republicans 50

House
Democrats 212
Republicans 221

From 2003 until 2005
Senate
Democrats 48
Republicans 51
Independent 1

House
Democrats 205
Republicans 229
Other 1

From 2005 until 2007
Senate
Democrat 44
Republican 55
Independent 1

House
Democrats 202
Republicans 231
Other 1
vacant 1

2007 until 2009
Senate
Democrats 49
Republicans 49
Indenpdent 2

House
Democrat 233
Republican 198
Vacant 4

2009 until 2011
Senate
Democrats 57
Republicans 41
Independent 2

House
Democrats 256
Republican 178

Too add
Ted Kennedy death was when? August 25, 2009 So thats 8 months of a super majority
He was replaced by Paul Kirk Jr until a special election could be completed on Jan 19 2010. So thats one years of democratic super majority. obama care was voted for while there was a super majority.

It was seven months from the time Al Franken took his seat in July 2009 till Scott Brown took the Massachusetts seat in Feb 2010

That was the period the Dems had super majority

be right back
I'm back

From 2001 until 2003

Senate
Democrats 50
Republicans 50

House
Democrats 212
Republicans 221

From 2003 until 2005
Senate
Democrats 48
Republicans 51
Independent 1

House
Democrats 205
Republicans 229
Other 1

From 2005 until 2007
Senate
Democrat 44
Republican 55
Independent 1

House
Democrats 202
Republicans 231
Other 1
vacant 1

2007 until 2009
Senate
Democrats 49
Republicans 49
Indenpdent 2

House
Democrat 233
Republican 198
Vacant 4

2009 until 2011
Senate
Democrats 57
Republicans 41
Independent 2

House
Democrats 256
Republican 178

Too add

It was seven months from the time Al Franken took his seat in July 2009 till Scott Brown took the Massachusetts seat in Feb 2010

The democrats had a super majority until the special election for what was the seat kennedy held. The special election was not until January 2010

And the Republican controlled Congress that got us into this mess was good? Okay!

A Rep congress helped Clinton get his so called Surplus before Bush was in office.. Remember it was a full REP congress and senate back then . Humph

That's false. PAYGO was still in effect in the 90's. The Republican Congress showed their true colors once they got a GOP president elected; they let PAYGO expire.

that right they let it expire.

so the term / word hypocrite belongs to you .......nancy evoked Paygo jan 2007....Obama signed Paygo again, Feb 13, 2010. and they on both occasions within months ignored it...... you like sallow need to be reminded of the same thing every couple of months.

be right back
I'm back

From 2001 until 2003

Senate
Democrats 50
Republicans 50

House
Democrats 212
Republicans 221

From 2003 until 2005
Senate
Democrats 48
Republicans 51
Independent 1

House
Democrats 205
Republicans 229
Other 1

From 2005 until 2007
Senate
Democrat 44
Republican 55
Independent 1

House
Democrats 202
Republicans 231
Other 1
vacant 1

2007 until 2009
Senate
Democrats 49
Republicans 49
Indenpdent 2

House
Democrat 233
Republican 198
Vacant 4

2009 until 2011
Senate
Democrats 57
Republicans 41
Independent 2

House
Democrats 256
Republican 178

Too add

you are challenged. arlen spector who moved over in april still gave them 3/5ths, of a 98 member senate. hello. They have done it before it before. IF harry wanted to move ahead on that path he could have, but they actually didn't have anything ready as all they wanted was obama care which didn't take its final form until Thanksgiving. you could of course prove me wrong and show me a filibustered cloture vote between april and july.....

oh and it only takes 50 for a budget, its called reconciliation, why didn't they do the budget for 2010, by oct. 1st 2009?

Last edited:
and I have a question at large, who cares if they "only" had it for 5 months?thats not trrue but its beside the point really..., I mean so what?

this is some sort of excuse? they could not even do a budget with a simple majority which they had by miles.....so?

Sorry but they did have a Super Majority and did preside over the worst U.S. Congress in History. That's just fact. Not liking fact doesn't mean it's not fact. The Democrats were a horrific failure. I understand a fellow Democrat is never going to admit this but it is true.

It IS correct however that due to hold-ups with their Minn Clown being seated and then the special MASS election that there were only about 5 months where they could tell Repubs to STFU and do whatever they wanted to...

But as I said that doesn't excuse the absolute arrogance they displayed when that happened. Like not even consulting with the opposition, ramming crap thru and having FULL ACCESS to all the COMMITTEES and the power to set the agenda for the whole 2 years they had control..

?????? Right back to you Franco.. I know you don't understand much that isn't scripted for you by your leftist sources..

And that's completely true of the Bush administration and completely untrue of the Obama administration. The Bush administration had the house, senate and white house for six full years. They authored one of the worst financial calamities in history and the war crime that was Iraq. Bush called himself "The Decider" as if his decision was the only valid decision in the government.

The Obama administration made sure to include Republican ideas in every piece of legislation that went down the pike. Obamacare is essentially Romneycare. The difference being Romneycare had Dukakis tax hikes funding it. It was the plan that was the counter to Hillarycare and backed by the Heritage foundation. President Obama used Republican numbers to craft the Stimulus package. Even with all that input, they didn't vote for it, began fighting it right away..and declared both bills a failure before they were even implemented.

:rofl:

good one

dukakis tax hikes mostly funded paying welfare to illegal aliens in the 80's, including supplying them with phoney SSNs. since he'd been out of office for over 20 years before romney was elected, and his last attempted round of tax hikes were squashed, i'm interested in how you think dukakis had anything to do with funding romneycare.

be right back
I'm back

From 2001 until 2003

Senate
Democrats 50
Republicans 50

House
Democrats 212
Republicans 221

From 2003 until 2005
Senate
Democrats 48
Republicans 51
Independent 1

House
Democrats 205
Republicans 229
Other 1

From 2005 until 2007
Senate
Democrat 44
Republican 55
Independent 1

House
Democrats 202
Republicans 231
Other 1
vacant 1

2007 until 2009
Senate
Democrats 49
Republicans 49
Indenpdent 2

House
Democrat 233
Republican 198
Vacant 4

2009 until 2011
Senate
Democrats 57
Republicans 41
Independent 2

House
Democrats 256
Republican 178

Too add

you are challenged. arlen spector who moved over in april still gave them 3/5ths, of a 99 member senate. hello. They have done it before it before. IF harry wanted to move ahead on that path he could have, but they actually didn't have anything ready as all they wanted was obama care which didn't take its final form until Thanksgiving. you could of cours eprve me wrong and show me a filibustered cloture vote between april and july.....

oh and it only takes 50 for a budget, its called reconciliation, why didn't they do the budget for 2010, by oct. 1st 2009?

one other thing that democrats seem to forget the Independents voted the democratic way

What is Amazing is that you ignore the Fact that even after those 5 months Democrats only needed 1 Republican Vote on any Bill to Beat a Filibuster. Why has it never occurred to you to consider the fact that Democrats were so unwilling to compromise that they could not even get 1 single Republican to Break Ranks?

Wrong AGAIN. Arlen gave them 59 votes. From Huffpo report 4/28/09:

The move will give Democrats a filibuster-proof 60 vote majority in the Senate, presuming Minnesota's Al Franken is eventually seated. However, in his statement Specter said his opposition to the Employee Free Choice Act -- widely seen as a defense against a Republican primary challenge -- will not change.

Arlen Specter Switching Parties From Republican To Democrat
Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Penn.) is becoming a Democrat. "I have decided to run for re-election in 2010 in the Democratic primary," said Specter in a statement ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/28/arlen-specter...

Franken FINALLY seated 7/7/09....

you need to read my post not what you want to read as here;

read up on senatorial rules and VOTING calculus

the senate rules for cloture call for "duly chosen and sworn". they had 3/5ths with 98 members and 59 votes.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back