'USA Today' fact checks the 'Babylon Bee'

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
In this shocking development, it turns out that Biden DIDN'T sell Alaska back to Russia after all!

Fact check: Satirical claim that Biden is selling Alaska to Russia​

With gas prices rising and tensions in Eastern Europe worsening, social media users are sharing satirical claims about how the U.S. plans to respond.

"Biden Sells Alaska Back To Russia So We Can Start Drilling For Oil There Again," reads a headline shared in a March 7 Facebook post.

Start the day smarter. Get all the news you need in your inbox each morning.

The post, which was published by the page Being Libertarian, racked up more than 2,000 shares within two days. But its claim is not based in fact – it's satire. USA TODAY reached out to Being Libertarian for comment. The headline pictured in the Facebook post was published by The Babylon Bee, a satire website. Being Libertarian linked to the article in the post's comments.

Why would anyone "fact check" a self proclaimed satirical news site while at the same time stating it's a satirical news site............? :eusa_eh:
You should know by now that the leftists take everything that pokes a bit of fun at them seriously. I've seen logs floating down the Shenandoah with a more refined sense of humor. ;)

Having to correct the most absurd and self proclaimed satirical media illustrates that some policies are so far fetched and the alt-left so insane (think of the Green New Deal for example or CRT in the military) that traditional mainstream media have to debunk it because it might be true.

If someone just 20 years ago provided me real stories and policies enacted by the West today I would laugh and call out "B.S". I'm not laughing now...

Forum List

Back