USA returns genocider back to Rwanda.

AMart

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2020
US deports Rwandan woman who lied about her role in the country's genocide to obtain American citizenship after it emerged she 'was actively involved' in the killings
  • Beatrice Munyenyezi was stripped of her US citizenship and jailed for 10 years in 2013 after she was found guilty of lying when she secured the naturalization
  • A US judge said she 'was actively involved' in the killing of Tutsis in Rwanda
  • She then lost her bid for a new trial in March and was on Friday deported to the African nation, where she now faces seven charges related to the 1994 genocide
  • Munyenyezi is accused of crimes including murder and complicity in rape
  • She denied accusations of involvement in the genocide during her US trial
  • Some 800,000 people were slaughtered during the genocide in 1994

The Monster Next Door
Beatrice Munyenyezi claimed she was a refugee from the Rwandan genocide. Federal agent Brian Andersen suspected she was someone far more sinister.

US deports Rwandan woman who lied about her role in the country's genocide to obtain American citizenship after it emerged she 'was actively involved' in the killings
  • Beatrice Munyenyezi was stripped of her US citizenship and jailed for 10 years in 2013 after she was found guilty of lying when she secured the naturalization
  • A US judge said she 'was actively involved' in the killing of Tutsis in Rwanda
  • She then lost her bid for a new trial in March and was on Friday deported to the African nation, where she now faces seven charges related to the 1994 genocide
  • Munyenyezi is accused of crimes including murder and complicity in rape
  • She denied accusations of involvement in the genocide during her US trial
  • Some 800,000 people were slaughtered during the genocide in 1994

The Monster Next Door
Beatrice Munyenyezi claimed she was a refugee from the Rwandan genocide. Federal agent Brian Andersen suspected she was someone far more sinister.
Sooner or later the truth comes out. They deported a NAZI living in Memphis, TN to face charges in Germany for working in a concentration camp, during World War II, last year.

If you are interested in the 1994 genocide in Rwanda, you will wish to read an article entitled "The Roots of Rwanda's Genocide" by Helen Epstein and Claude Gatebuke in the June 10, 2021, print edition of the American liberal magazine New York Review of Books. (I assume it is available online.)

The authors claim that politicians, the media, and even human rights organizations have not understood the whole picture.

If I understood what I read (I am not an especially good reader), the authors feel that it is unfair to say that all the blame should be attributed to cruel Hutus who killed innocent Tutsis. The situation is much more nuanced, they claim.

By the way, the authors believe that world politicians and the media are mistaken when they praise current President Paul Kagame as a democratic hero.

Forum List

Back