What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US weighs options as IS presence soars in Libya

Freewill

Platinum Member
Reaction score
What do you think might be the situation if the US had not helped create a power vacuum in Libya?

Washington (AFP) - Islamic State fighters have streamed into Libya in recent months, a US official said Thursday, heightening fears the extremists are gaining ground and influence in the north African country.

About 5,000 IS jihadists are now in Libya, the defense official said, approximately double earlier estimates, while the number of IS extremists in Iraq and Syria has dropped.

washamericom

Gold Member
Reaction score
obama mission creep. ostensibly those flowery speeches on the apology tour didn't transform the world to peace, i'm so surprised.
i think the oceans have stopped rising though, so that's good. the next democrat administrative class will be able to control the weather. they are amazing.

washamericom

Gold Member
Reaction score
The U.S. should not be weighing any options about Libya. We have our own problems to worry about right here. We need to stop with these middle east shenanigans.
right, so they can work their madness right here, good thinking obama.

our problems right here include muslim terrorism.

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Reaction score
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
The U.S. should not be weighing any options about Libya. We have our own problems to worry about right here. We need to stop with these middle east shenanigans.
ISIS is using American weapons, and owes it's existence to the actions of the U.S. screwing around in the middle east wasteland. Just like Al Qaeda and the Taliban before them. What fun little group will rise up next if people like you get your way and we opt for more middle eastern misadventures?

washamericom

Gold Member
Reaction score
the answer to your question Freewill is "libya would be more like it was before obama".
the expats in benghazi would still be alive and working...

washamericom

Gold Member
Reaction score
ISIS is using American weapons, and owes it's existence to the actions of the U.S. screwing around in the middle east wasteland. Just like Al Qaeda and the Taliban before them. What fun little group will rise up next if people like you get your way and we opt for more middle eastern misadventures?
i'm sure you think the world is in much better shape, obama does too. i think the "little groups" you allude to are just junior varsity types. obama still has a year to "fix it".

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Obungles will get out his red crayon and make stern demands

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Ty Hillary and Obama for all your efforts to destabilize Libya. Were you trying to imitate Bush's efforts in Iraq ?

OP
Freewill

Freewill

Platinum Member
Reaction score
obama mission creep. ostensibly those flowery speeches on the apology tour didn't transform the world to peace, i'm so surprised.
i think the oceans have stopped rising though, so that's good. the next democrat administrative class will be able to control the weather. they are amazing.

I am thinking that Obama is nothing more then a sock puppet. A tool of the internationalist, whomever they may be. At least with Bush he did what he thought right and what he said he would do, whether I or anyone else agreed with what he did. But Obama, me thinks he is just playing the song written for him.

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Reaction score
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
i'm sure you think the world is in much better shape, obama does too. i think the "little groups" you allude to are just junior varsity types. obama still has a year to "fix it".
ISIS, who are surrounded by multiple enemies that are equally evil and who control a tiny amount of desert wasteland, are not much of a threat. They are on the opposite side of the planet. I would much prefer we deal with the massive drug cartels in our own backyard or focus on domestic issues than obsess over desert bedouins with twitter accounts.

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Let's leave the ME to deal with their problems while we go to work on ours here in the USA.

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Dude, Libya is OUR fault.
"I want him dead or alive" ----corrupt cankles

BluesLegend

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Obungles will get out his red crayon and make stern demands

The clown runs around destroying regimes then when it blows up in his face he cuts and runs leaving the mess he created to fester into a giant clusterfuck. That's the Obama doctrine.

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Reaction score
2014-03-02-47ee2366_large.jpg

bendog

Platinum Member
Reaction score
What do you think might be the situation if the US had not helped create a power vacuum in Libya?

Washington (AFP) - Islamic State fighters have streamed into Libya in recent months, a US official said Thursday, heightening fears the extremists are gaining ground and influence in the north African country.

About 5,000 IS jihadists are now in Libya, the defense official said, approximately double earlier estimates, while the number of IS extremists in Iraq and Syria has dropped.
there was going to be a power vacuum regardless.

Italy and France really led the charge to intervene at all, and they seem strangely silent.

Assad was actually a stronger leader than Kadafi, in that he'd inherited an actual political movement/party in the baath, and I'm not sure why we ever considered backing his opponents. Putin's motives are always at least partially aimed at destabilizing the West, but even so, he's not always wrong on the bigger picture. Kadafi was a dead man walking all along. He didn't have an army so much as he had some hired mercenaries.

the_human_being

Gold Member
Reaction score

Indeed,and the Boy Wonder now wants to be UN Secretary General. I'm certain he would bring more peace to the region.

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Hillary. Qaddafi warned Hillary about ISIS and she went ahead and went Full Cheney on him.

Hillary owns Libya

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$515.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List