US Three Star General killed in Afgan

Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
General Greene was killed (murdered?) by an Afghan who apparently wasn't on board with Obama's military shift to their version of homeland security. What can you say when the people we are training to run their own pathetic country turn their guns on American generals? Barry Hussein is silent about the incident until he can gauge the political outcome. US intervention has been a disaster because the democrat administrations either hate the US Military or they are clueless about the purpose of Military adventures.

He was a two star (Major General). I thought Obama was going to have all our troops out of there years ago? Another Obama lie!

It was disgusting that Obama expressed no condolences. The way he's handling our Marine held in Mexico makes blood squirt from my eyes, so this is just one more thing to add to the list. I don't know how any of my fellow Veterans can possibly think he gives a shit about them.

Last edited:
It was disgusting that Obama expressed no condolences. They way he's handling our Marine held in Mexico makes blood squirt from my eyes, so this is just one more thing to add to the list. I don't know how any of my fellow Veterans can possibly think he gives a shit about them.

He doesn't even attempt to fake it

It was disgusting that Obama expressed no condolences. They way he's handling our Marine held in Mexico makes blood squirt from my eyes, so this is just one more thing to add to the list. I don't know how any of my fellow Veterans can possibly think he gives a shit about them.

If he hasn't mentioned it yet it's probably due to the Pentagon's 24 hour 'mourning period' where they don't release the name publicly. President can't go on tv and say how bad 'he who shall not be named's loss was. When the 24 hour period is up I'm sure he'll mention it.

If he hasn't mentioned it yet it's probably due to the Pentagon's 24 hour 'mourning period' where they don't release the name publicly. President can't go on tv and say how bad 'he who shall not be named's loss was. When the 24 hour period is up I'm sure he'll mention it.

I'm sure he'll mention it when his advisers tell him that he should

He doesn't even attempt to fake it

Roger that, he doesn't.

The only thing is that his name's been all over the media today, Delta. I truly think the military is nothing but pawns to him.

The only thing is that his name's been all over the media today, Delta. I truly think the military is nothing but pawns to him.

And I'm sure someone (an aide) told him about the Pentagon's policy. Presumedly he had every minute of his day planned out before he got this news. If he can't mention the man's name anyway, and mentioning it absent the name would be weird and even more ammo for his opposition, the wisest course is simply wait until the 'respectful mourning' period is up, then do it. That's how I'da advised him.

No great love for the man, but he's my President and as such rates my respect and obediance. I swore oaths to this effect and abide by them with honor. I may not understand everythign he does (as with Israel,) but I can easily imagine why this went down as it did. Isn't that hard to imagine.

And I'm sure someone (an aide) told him about the Pentagon's policy. Presumedly he had every minute of his day planned out before he got this news. If he can't mention the man's name anyway, and mentioning it absent the name would be weird and even more ammo for his opposition, the wisest course is simply wait until the 'respectful mourning' period is up, then do it. That's how I'da advised him.

No great love for the man, but he's my President and as such rates my respect and obediance. I swore oaths to this effect and abide by them with honor. I may not understand everythign he does (as with Israel,) but I can easily imagine why this went down as it did. Isn't that hard to imagine.

Ok, you made a good argument there. Let's see if he does in coming days.

I'm terribly sorry to hear this news, Whitehall. My condolences to the family of the General. Very sad news.

General Greene was killed (murdered?) by an Afghan who apparently wasn't on board with Obama's military shift to their version of homeland security. What can you say when the people we are training to run their own pathetic country turn their guns on American generals? Barry Hussein is silent about the incident until he can gauge the political outcome. US intervention has been a disaster because the democrat administrations either hate the US Military or they are clueless about the purpose of Military adventures.

I feel bad the General was killed. However, there are soldiers killed everyday. His life is no more important than any other soldier killed in war. It bothers me all the write-ups this General had received in a few short hours, and all the air-time.

EACH and every soldier killed in the line of duty should be treated with the same respect, reverence and airtime.

Sure, it's unusual for a General to be killed, but that is because he has PSO's ( personal; security officers) and more people guarding him. NCOs and lower have none of that extra protection, so it could be argued those enlisted risks are much higher as is established by the data which tracks deaths during war.

Just my .02 cents on the matter.

Barry Hussein is silent about the incident until he can gauge the political outcome

he has been out on the golf range

most likely he doesnt know about it yet

he will know once he settles down

and flips the channel to msnbc

for a little news catch up

CaféAuLait;9576246 said:

I feel bad the General was killed. However, there are soldiers killed everyday. His life is no more important than any other soldier killed in war. It bothers me all the write-ups this General had received in a few short hours, and all the air-time.

EACH and every soldier killed in the line of duty should be treated with the same respect, reverence and airtime.

Sure, it's unusual for a General to be killed, but that is because he has PSO's ( personal; security officers) and more people guarding him. NCOs and lower have none of that extra protection, so it could be argued those enlisted risks are much higher as is established by the data which tracks deaths during war.

That.

CaféAuLait;9576246 said:

I agree. The most important 'star' is the gold star.

CaféAuLait;9576246 said:

Obama doesn't give a shit about them either or our diplomats. He goes to bed as our people fight for their lives in Benghazi :mad:

Had a German general been murdered like that during WWII at a training camp, you can bet by today, justice would have been carried out swiftly! We could do better if we adopted some of the Nazi strategy when we have to fight a war.

I highly doubt Obama is being silent for political purposes. And I highly doubt he will remain silent on the issue. The man isn't that stupid.

Forum List

Back