US role as a global model, guarantor of freedom, rule of law brought to an end by Trump

Obama's favorite books:

1. Moby Dick, Herman Melville
2. Self-Reliance, Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. Song Of Solomon, Toni Morrison
4. Parting The Waters, Taylor Branch
5. Gilead, Marylinne Robinson
6. Best and the Brightest, David Halberstam
7. The Federalist, Alexander Hamilton
8. Souls of Black Folk, W.E.B. Du Bois
9. The Power and the Glory, Graham Greene
10. The Quiet American, Graham Greene
11. Cancer Ward, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
12. Gandhi’s autobiography
13. Working, Studs Terkel
14. Wealth of Nations, Adam Smith
15. Theory of Moral Sentiments, Adam Smith
16. All the King’s Men, Robert Penn Warren

Every Book Barack Obama Has Recommended During His Presidency
Propaganda.

Like we believe Obama read 14 or 15
And yet you believe Trump reads more than a Mar a Lago menu. Look at him on the teleprompter. Does that look like a guy who practices reading? Besides, golden showers get the pages all wet.

Who said I believe that? I haven't mentioned Trumps reading habits or implied anything about them. Why? Because o don't know anything about them.

I sincerely hope he is reading up. Particularly on economics and military strategy. Whether he is who knows?

His reading habits are irrelevant to this discussion. They are irrelevant to the fact that Obama most likely hasn't touched 14 or 15. You can't tell me anyone well educated in the free market and the hand of providence is going to completely ignore it when it comes to implementing policy
You think Trump is well educated in the Free Market? Or anything?

Let me get this straight: You think you are well educated in the free market?

The End of the American Century

The inaugural address of Donald Trump did not contain the word justice or cooperation or ideals or morals or truth or charity. It has only one reference to freedom.

What it really means is America as a global model and guarantor of freedom and rule of law and fairness.

Trump ’s administration is the death knell of the American Century.

And wherever we may disengage around the world, we are never replaced by a better actor. The president’s vision of putting up our national drawbridge and hunkering down mirrors the transformation of Great Britain to Little England after the end of World War II. The American Century was a term of pride for many and it represented the flowering not only of American power but American values.

The American Century, RIP.

------------------------------------------

The country has diverged so far from what made it great that Trump supporters will look at what is written and insist it's more rants from a far left nut.

They don't even know what: guarantor of freedom, rule of law and fairness even means.

The most truly weird thing is they believe isolationism and protectionism will somehow bring us economic success.
Globalism sucks, you do realize getting along is overrated?
Thanks for that endorsement for chaos and anarchy. No wonder you're a trump supporter..
So it's globalism or "chaos and anarchy?" I do believe there may be some other choices.

The inaugural address of Donald Trump did not contain the word justice or cooperation or ideals or morals or truth or charity. It has only one reference to freedom.

What it really means is America as a global model and guarantor of freedom and rule of law and fairness.

And wherever we may disengage around the world, we are never replaced by a better actor. The president’s vision of putting up our national drawbridge and hunkering down mirrors the transformation of Great Britain to Little England after the end of World War II. The American Century was a term of pride for many and it represented the flowering not only of American power but American values.

The country has diverged so far from what made it great that Trump supporters will look at what is written and insist it's more rants from a far left nut.

They don't even know what: guarantor of freedom, rule of law and fairness even means.

The most truly weird thing is they believe isolationism and protectionism will somehow bring us economic success.
I see you have changed your screen name. What's up with that?

The American ideal ended when barack obama's favorite book was The Post American World and started carrying it around with him.
Obama's favorite books:

1. Moby Dick, Herman Melville
2. Self-Reliance, Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. Song Of Solomon, Toni Morrison
4. Parting The Waters, Taylor Branch
5. Gilead, Marylinne Robinson
6. Best and the Brightest, David Halberstam
7. The Federalist, Alexander Hamilton
8. Souls of Black Folk, W.E.B. Du Bois
9. The Power and the Glory, Graham Greene
10. The Quiet American, Graham Greene
11. Cancer Ward, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
12. Gandhi’s autobiography
13. Working, Studs Terkel
14. Wealth of Nations, Adam Smith
15. Theory of Moral Sentiments, Adam Smith
16. All the King’s Men, Robert Penn Warren

Every Book Barack Obama Has Recommended During His Presidency
Trump's the first prez I can remember to not list the books he'll be reading on his August vacation. That's because those who know him state he doesn't read..
I want my president to be a reader.... at the very least..
We know the books he "reads". They all have centerfolds.

History will look on today's GOP as the party that tried to destroy America. I just hope they fail.

cereal_fruit_loops_620x413.jpg

What Obama Is Reading

Maybe he liked it because The Post America World was written by a fellow muslim.
From the Book:

The real problem, Zakaria argues, is the rise of China, trailed by India. China’s is indeed the most incredible success story in history — a tale of almost 30 years of growth in the 7-to-10-percent range that seems to defy the laws of economic gravity. The United States, Germany and Japan had similar tales to tell in the late 19th century, but bust was the price of boom, and for Germany as well as Japan (add Russia, too), headlong industrialization ended in the horrors of 20th-century totalitarianism.

But for China it’s up, up and away. As Zakaria memorably puts it, ”China today exports in a single day more than it exported in all of 1978.” Authoritarian modernization just hums along. The Party’s message reads ”Enrich yourselves, but leave the driving to us,” and most of 1.3 billion Chinese seem happy to comply — and to consume. With power safely lodged in the Politburo, China does not conform to the historical pattern of ”first rich, then rowdy,” which led to Tokyo’s and Berlin’s imperialist careers.

---------------------

Wow, doesn't sound very anti American.

Oh wait, you just saw the name and the title and then assumed you knew what it said.

That's the problem with right wingers and education. They just assume they know what it's about so they don't need it. In the meantime, they whine, "Oh moon God Trump, please bring our now automated jobs back that are never actually coming back. I want a big salary without the need to know anything of value."

So sad.[/QUOTE]

That is because YOU are anti American. The operative line in what YOU posted is "The United States, Germany and Japan had similar tales to tell in the late 19th century, but bust was the price of boom, and for Germany as well as Japan (add Russia, too), headlong industrialization ended in the horrors of 20th-century totalitarianism". The Author like oshitass considered, as do you probably and most leftist scum certainly, That the USA is a totalitarian state of Imperialist that conquers third world countries, pillages them and makes them into colonies. That is patently false as the USA has never retained OR dissolved the sovereignty of any nation even though oshitass had that in mind when he attacked Libya to give Isis a wider base of operations.

Forum List

Back