US Navy Ship Opens Fire on Boat in Gulf

Is Obama rushing to Dubai to apologize for this one?

A US ship has fired on a boat off the coast of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), US officials say.

The USNS Rappahannock fired on a vessel after it ignored warnings and rapidly approached the ship, the US Navy says.

There is no confirmation of casualties although a UAE official said an Indian fisherman had been killed and three more wounded.

The US has increased its presence in the Gulf after Iran renewed threats to close the strategic Strait of Hormuz.
BBC News - US Navy ship fires on boat in Gulf

Just you wait 'til Obama gives those corpse-men a piece of his mind!!!

You shouldn't misunderestimate him.

A combat ready ship from the greatest Navy that ever sailed on any ocean fired on a plywood Criss Craft with 4 terrorists aboard and only managed to kill one. Somethings not right.

Not a combat ship, Military Sealift Command, all cilvilans except a security detachment. If any American ship USNS or USS is approached they have the right to warn and if the warnining is not heeded, to fire upon as if hostile.

Please know what the fuck you are posting your opinion about before you post and show your ignorant ass.

Let's put it this way: We have the greatest Navy that ever sailed and a carrier strike force that can be anywhere in the world at the drop of a hat but the "Military Sealift Command" with all civilians aboard shoots (and misses) a boatload of terrorists. Maybe we should quit making gigantic toys and concentrate on the real threat.

A combat ready ship from the greatest Navy that ever sailed on any ocean fired on a plywood Criss Craft with 4 terrorists aboard and only managed to kill one. Somethings not right.

Not a combat ship, Military Sealift Command, all cilvilans except a security detachment. If any American ship USNS or USS is approached they have the right to warn and if the warnining is not heeded, to fire upon as if hostile.

Please know what the fuck you are posting your opinion about before you post and show your ignorant ass.

Let's put it this way: We have the greatest Navy that ever sailed and a carrier strike force that can be anywhere in the world at the drop of a hat but the "Military Sealift Command" with all civilians aboard shoots (and misses) a boatload of terrorists. Maybe we should quit making gigantic toys and concentrate on the real threat.
Negged for being an idiot.

Ditto

Is Obama rushing to Dubai to apologize for this one?

A US ship has fired on a boat off the coast of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), US officials say.

The USNS Rappahannock fired on a vessel after it ignored warnings and rapidly approached the ship, the US Navy says.

There is no confirmation of casualties although a UAE official said an Indian fisherman had been killed and three more wounded.

The US has increased its presence in the Gulf after Iran renewed threats to close the strategic Strait of Hormuz.
BBC News - US Navy ship fires on boat in Gulf

I would be upset if they had not fired on any vessel that could be a threat to the ship, and I don't give a crap where the vessel is from. Salute to the captain and crew of the Rap, well done guys.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT

Fuck you.
What is the problem with apologizing? It can save lives, much better than playing suck face with soon to be Saudi Kings. And there is one dead:

US Navy Ship Fires on Boat off Dubai, Killing 1 - ABC News

and, Fuck you.

If we would have similar ROE, 12 years ago, the tragedy aboard the USS Cole might not have happened.

Is THIS vvvvvvvvv just coincidence?
**** On Tuesday, the accused mastermind of the Cole attack -- Abd al-Rahim Hussayn Muhammad al-Nashiri -- is set to appear at a military court hearing at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Read more: Family Security Matters Family Security Matters
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

Didn't al Qaida use a small fishing boat to blow a hole in the Cole killing 17 of our guys and injuring 39 others? And we are supposed to allow that to happen again? No problem in issuing a statement of regret to the host country if it was not terrorists, but apologize? No way in hell.

What is the problem with apologizing? It can save lives, much better than playing suck face with soon to be Saudi Kings. And there is one dead:

I won't "neg" you for being an idiot, it could take days. But it turns out there were no terrorists, just guys on a wooden boat, the FACT remains we sucked up to the al Qaeda financiers for seven and 1/3 YEARS.

I won't "neg" you for being an idiot, it could take days. But it turns out there were no terrorists, just guys on a wooden boat, the FACT remains we sucked up to the al Qaeda financiers for seven and 1/3 YEARS.

It was "just a small civilian boat" that tore a hole into the Cole too

:cuckoo:

Didn't al Qaida use a small fishing boat to blow a hole in the Cole killing 17 of our guys and injuring 39 others? And we are supposed to allow that to happen again? No problem in issuing a statement of regret to the host country if it was not terrorists, but apologize? No way in hell.

Whatever -Obama bad commie either way Obama urr I hate him and the stupeet libruls!

Don't neg me NLT, argue with me. We seem to have more security in a typical airport than we have on American ships. Didn't the USS Cole teach the stodgy old farts in the Navy anything? Can't they figure out that Boomer Subs are obsolete and Aircraft Carriers are just for show? If we can't blow a plywood dingy out of the water without calling the Pentagon for instructions we need to restructure the strategy we depended on since the Cold War.

No judgment from me until ALL the facts come out, an apology may be in order, it may also not be appropriate.

No judgment from me until ALL the facts come out, an apology may be in order, it may also not be appropriate.

So you automatically assume that the US ship fired on innocents because of the Saudis..that tells me alot about you.

If this had happened on Bush's watch, we'd be hearing about those poor innocent civilians Bush killed... Just an observation based on Factual past experience.

Read the story I linked.

Tomorrow the one that planned the Cole attack goes on trial.

The slugs in that boat were wanting their virgins.
Fuck them and fuck apologizing.

So you automatically assume that the US ship fired on innocents because of the Saudis..that tells me alot about you.

No, I NOTED we sucked up to the Saudis, the Navy OIL TANKER fired disabling shots at a U.A.E. vessel, one man was killed. Too soon to draw conclusions, I see no reason to be concerned if the President apologizes however.

Don't worry, nobody is coming after you for being judgemental and nobody is going to require an apology for being an arm chair admiral. Go with it. According to the A.P. it was a US Navy ship and as such should at least be protected by other ships or have enough armament to defend itself from freaking pirates in plywood dingys. Killing one and wounding three others is no victory. The Sailors should be able to operate a .50 cal machine better than that.

Forum List

Back