US Military's Knee on the Throat of the World

They were communists and we would be crazy to allow the Soviet Union to spread communism to all of korea
During WWII it was Korean communists who fought against Imperial Japan.
The Koreans' ally was Russian and Chinese communists.
Russian troops liberated parts of Korea weeks before US troops landed at Inchon.
Communists would have won free elections in 1945 because they earned the votes of a majority of the countrymen and women.
The US had no right to interfere, yet that is exactly what happened.
220px-Operation_Blacklist_Forty.png

Operation Blacklist Forty - Wikipedia

Awesome!
So that makes it ok that communists have enslaved North Korea ever since.

Because the US Army refused to allow free elections in 1945; why do you have trouble understanding that historical reality?
It was t true

the soviet union occupied the north anf free elections there would be impossible

70 years of economic sanctions and military "exercises" on its southern border courtesy of the greatest purveyor of violence in the world.
The sanctions were largely self imposed since n korea basically produces nothing of trade value

you seem to have no idea how malevolent the north korean dictatorship is

we need the exercises to insure that we can defeat a north korean attack

the exercises prevent having to fight a real war in korea

I think a majority of Chinese believe they will own the 21st Century in the same way the US dominated the 20th. (Hopefully without the two world wars and Great Depression)
I do not underestimate the chinese threat

they are tireless and clever

but china has weaknesses and far from being a sure thing

Thats not difficult to understand if you know the geography of the region during WWII

japan occupied all of korea and all of china bordering korea

only communist russia was not under japanese control

and the soviets were not about train and arm non communist insurgents

You are a partisan ideologue. YOur pretense of caring so much about Peace, you showed to be false repeatedly already. Indeed, as with all the other issues too.
How can I be a "partisan ideologue" when I argue against supporting either major US political party?Two ....

Because you are obviously being disingenuous.

Everything you say, is just about advancing the Far Left agenda.

To the point that even when policy works out the way you claim to want, ie desegregation, you don't care, unless the right people get the credit.
'
Nixon did something you liked? YOu don't care.

Johnson did something you like? Celebrate it.

You are a Partisan Ideologue, and you talk of not supporting the Dems is obvious bullshit.

I was perfectly clear I was referring his intentions, not claiming any great results on this front.
How would any rational person believe they could ever know the intentions of a pathological liar?

Trump is a vulgar braggart. Your attempt to spin that into something sinister, is you being hysterical.

Your side's hysteria and violence is the problem, not Trump.

Would have been the perfect time, for principled anti-war people to come forward, across party lines, to support him...
Like who?
There have been many on the left calling for an end to NATO over the past 30 years. Trump came late to that party, and quickly backed away when opposition surfaced.
Maybe he was lying about that too?

"Late to the party"?

So the fuck what? DO you want results or are you just about talking shit, so that you can pretend to be cool when you and your far lefty friends get together for your daily circle jerk?

The lack of support for Trump, on that issue, shows that the answer is the "just talk shit" one.

Yep. He backed away. That was him failing.

But if he had gotten a ground swell of support, he would have gone with it.

The world could be closer to what you claim to want.

Except, that wrong person would get the credit.

THus proving, that you lefty anti-war types, are lefties first and anti-war...

well, who knows? Maybe a distant second. Let's give you credit, that you have not shown any hint of deserving.

I pointed out some impressive Nixon actions on the "civil rights" front, and you had the opportunity celebrate it.
Why would you feel the need to celebrate Nixon following the law, partisan loyalty?

He was not just "Following it", he was aggressively enforcing it.

And I do not feel the need to celebrate his actions. My point was you are a rabidly partisan ideologue, and you demonstrated it with your inability to celebrate someone from the other side, doing something that you supposedly want.

THat was my point. Which I have repeatedly made to you.

Are you ever going to address it, or are you going to keep pretending to not understand it?

That was dramatic and silly.
When, in all of history, have the rich existed without war?

Did Bill Gates need war to get rich?
Warren Buffett? Jeff Bezos? Larry Ellison?

Please, explain how they needed war.

He is just talking shit. I have challenged him and he has been pushed to the point where he has to admit the real reasons for his actions, or get vague and evasive.

Like nearly all far lefties, he does not want to admit his true motives or goals.

ou are lying. That you have to lie, shows that you know you are the bad guy.
What lie?
Trump is a pathological liar AND a bad guy.
Obviously, your partisan instincts blind you to that reality.

Trump is a vulgar braggart. If you complaint was that, I would happily admit it.

BUt, you need to inflate it, to something it is not.

YOu are the one that is lying. And you and yours are the ones with ill intent for the nation.

But if he had gotten a ground swell of support, he would have gone with it.
Agreed

too many people left and right expect trump to be a miracle worker with no assistance from them

but thats not how the real world works

If you choose to libel and hate your own country in that way I cant stop you

But America was a huge God-given blessing to South Korea
Recognizing US imperialism as a crime against humanity doesn't require hatred or libel; you can see the proof by consulting any map of US military bases in foreign countries. There is only one state on the planet that engages in such behavior, and it's no coincidence it is the same country that has been responsible for the killing and displacing of millions of civilians over the past 75 years. Korea was the first victim in 1945, and that "blessing" resulted in a war five years later that killed millions of Koreans. You may choose to celebrate that level of inhumanity which only makes you part of the problem.
janfeb2019_p01_counterterroismmap-web2.png

US military bases – geographical imaginations

They would have won because the communists would murder anyone who voted against them
Korean communists had no reason to kill opposing voters between 1945 and 1950 because they were in the majority. US forces, on the other hand, resorted to killing their political opponents frequently and without any regard for"democracy" or human rights:

Autumn Uprising of 1946 - Wikipedia

"The 10.1 Daegu Uprising of 1946 (hangul: 대구 10·1 사건; hanja: 大邱 10·1 事件) in Korea was a peasant uprising throughout the southern provinces of Korea against the policies of the United States Army Military Government in Korea headed by General John R. Hodge and in favor of restoration of power to the people's committees that made up the People's Republic of Korea..."

"According to the conditions the United States Military Government responded in different ways, including mobilizing strikebreakers, the police, right-wing youth groups, sending in U.S. troops and tanks, and declaring martial law, and succeeded in putting down the uprising.

"The uprising resulted in killing of 38 policemen, 163 civil workers, and 73 civilians.[2]

"Some analysts say that the uprising, which was in part a reaction to the October elections for the South Korean Interim Legislative Assembly, organized by the United States Military Government, is a better indicator of public opinion than the election itself."

DEATH TOLL FROM MODERN AMERICAN WARS

"The United States launched a brutal assault on North Korea from the sky.

"They bombed 18 out of 22 North Korean cities.

"
81% of North Korea's cities were reduced to flame and rubble.

"Hungarian journalist Tibor Meray further commented on the bloodshed: 'I saw destruction and horrible things committed by American forces...Everything which moved in North Korea was a military target, peasants in the fields often were machine gunned by pilots who I, this was my impression, amused themselves to shoot targets which moved.'

"When Meray had crossed the Yalu in August 1951 and witnessed 'a complete devastation between the Yalu River and the capital, Pyongyang. There were simply "no more cities in North Korea.'"

Forum List

Back